Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261

Comment

• I am officially on the Christian Ponder bandwagon. If Locker is gone then Ponder is my second choice, Luck is now third

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
        I am officially on the Christian Ponder bandwagon. If Locker is gone then Ponder is my second choice, Luck is now third
        Christian Ponder will not be a good pro QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary
          So if Alex plays the rest of the games with a 90 QB rating, you would still let him go? To me, that's just not very smart.
          Were 0-5. If we lose to OAK, we'll be 0-6 and quite honestly, I personally wouldnt want to screw up draft position just to see if Smith can finish the season with a 90 qb rating because in the end, he's going to be gone anyway. It's time to let him go and move on. His career has been screwed up since day one here so let's start fresh and he can do the same.

Hell, even if we beat OAK and go to 1-5, I still trade Smith (and others) because I wouldnt keep him anyway and I rather get whatever I can for him (and others) instead of letting them leave for free in March. Not only that but if we draft a QB in the first round after re-signing Smith, all thats going to do is cause problems because eventually, you'll going to see the locker room split and favor one QB or the other. That will just cause more problems than what we already have so why cause more?

I like Smith and have defended him as much now just as much as I used to bash him but the time has come to just move on. Hell, if McCloughan wants him for a 4th rounder, good bye and good luck in SEA.

If we lose to OAK, I just think that we can turn this ****** up season into positives by trading away some players that we know arent going to back in 2011. Even if all I get are 7th rounders, its still better than getting nothing whatsoever.

Comment

• My 2011 Dream Coaching Staff -

Head Coach - Jon Gruden
            Offensive Coordinator - Marty Mornhinweg
            Defensive Coordinator - Jim Mora (4-3)

My 2011 Dream Starting Roster (backup plan) -

QB - McNabb / UFA (Locker)
            RB - DeAngelo Williams / UFA (Gore)
            FB - Miller
            WR - Crabtree
            WR - Morgan
            TE - Davis
            LT - Staley
            LG - Iupati
            C - Baas (re-signed)
            RG - Mankins (UFA)
            RT - Davis

DE - Ray Edwards (UFA)*
            DT - Franklin (franchise tag)
            DT - Haynesworth (trade - 2nd round draft pick)
            DE - Smith
            OLB - Brooks
            MLB - Willis
            OLB - Lawson (re-signed)
            CB - Spencer
            CB - Marshall (UFA)
            SS - Mays
            FS - Smith

K - Nedney
            P - Lee

* - There might be another 4-3 pass rushing DE that I prefer ove Edwards but I cant remember his damn name. Oh well.

And yeah, I know the majority isnt going to happen but im sick and tired of management being cheap when it comes to the Head Coach and other important positions. Especially if we're able to sign McNabb, he's only going to have a two or three year window which means I go all out.

Time to ******* WIN!!!!!

Comment

• lol, did this dude say Jim Moran Jr as DC? lol.

Comment

• Yeah, I did. I would want a 4-3 DC and someone who's been here before, has experience and knows what he's doing. I dont want some college guy or some damn position coach. I'm also tired of Manusky and the 3-4 because unlike other 3-4 teams, we dont do any of the blitz combos that those other teams do and quite honestly, with the moves I would make defensively, a 3-4 would be a negative instead of a positive. As for Mora, the only negative is that he would play zone too damn much. If he was to play more man coverage, he would be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  I'm in the NFLDC Luck Club. You should join.
                  We filled up the 1st signup sheet for that after they murdered USC last yr. Luck's bandwagon is saturated.

the only thing that's different is that now SF has a real shot at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Yeah, I did. I would want a 4-3 DC and someone who's been here before, has experience and knows what he's doing. I dont want some college guy or some damn position coach. I'm also tired of Manusky and the 3-4 because unlike other 3-4 teams, we dont do any of the blitz combos that those other teams do and quite honestly, with the moves I would make defensively, a 3-4 would be a negative instead of a positive. As for Mora, the only negative is that he would play zone too damn much. If he was to play more man coverage, he would be better.
                    Manusky and Mora were once position coaches.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• We should stick to a 3-4.

Comment

• we have 3-4 personnel, and the league is switching to the 3-4 for a reason. i think at least half of the league is running a variation. Going back to the 4-3 would be like running an offense like ours...

give up the 43 talk, the 34 is just far more superior and offers more options!

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                          we have 3-4 personnel, and the league is switching to the 3-4 for a reason. i think at least half of the league is running a variation. Going back to the 4-3 would be like running an offense like ours...

give up the 43 talk, the 34 is just far more superior and offers more options!
                          Not really. Both work well. You just have to know what you're doing.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            Not really. Both work well. You just have to know what you're doing.
                            Exactly. The problem here is that Manusky doesn't

Comment

• 49ers will put in claim for Shawne Merriman (if/when he hits waivers)
                              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ans-next-team/

He looked slow last season and has been banged up the last 3 seasons. $3 million is a lot and wonder who gets pushed out of the rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                Manusky and Mora were once position coaches.
                                Yes, im aware of that but the difference is that Mora is a veteran DC, not a position coach being an OC/DC/HC for the first time.

I want veteran coaches who know what they're doing. Not position coaches who are just happy to have a shot at being the OC/DC/HC.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information