Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no problem with bringing in Merriman for the rest of the year, what we got going right now is not working. Might as well try something different. Haralson is a bum.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Merriman 2008 - 2010

18 games played
      16 games started
      44 tackles
      32 solo tackles
      4 sacks

And you guys want to play this crapper over $3m for that?!?!?!?!
      You act like $3mil is a lot in the NFL.

Comment

• Dan,

I don't care for Merriman either. But 3 million is nothing these days, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

As Brent pointed out, 3 million towards Manny's contract - please. That will not make a difference at all. So stop using that.

And I have yet to see a guy on here say "I love merriman, he's going to be great let's get him". What I see is "if he helps us, sweet, if not it's 3 million". Why is that such a terrible mentality? Remember - I started this post by saying I don't even like the guy. But if he does play for 3 million, and does well...I think I could find a way to cheer for the guy.

Also, I struggle with you calling people out on personnel topics, especially after you asked questions about Jake Locker's attributes, using EA Sports NCAA 11 as your baseline for questioning.

How do they say it?....."C'mon man"
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• $3 million is not a dealbreaker but it should be factored in when you consider that SF pass rush, from the LB spot, has been solid and the depth is set up nicely if they are hit with an injury.

Also past history with Merriman body looking like it is starting to breakdown and he wouldn't be ready past the bye week. So $3 million for 8 weeks of iffy production. Plus the rumor SF is looking to trade for him but I would imagine if they traded for him it would be for more then a kick at the tires.

But Sing said they are still looking at a vet LB and Maiocco had a source who says that Manusky "loves" Merriman. Could see them killing two birds with one stone and kicking Brooks inside and adding Merriman to take his spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            Merriman 2008 - 2010

18 games played
            16 games started
            44 tackles
            32 solo tackles
            4 sacks

And you guys want to play this crapper over $3m for that?!?!?!?!
            Its not like he has 6 years left on his deal or anything, who cares. Its 3 mil for one year, big deal. I say go for it, not like we have anything to lose right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent
              Lawson is gone because he wants top OLB money. Let's be real, Dan, $3mm isnt going to keep him here. Millionaires who couldn't give any less of a **** what you think who want to pay him are going to whether or not you *****. Just accept that your opinion means **** to the ownership.
              Yeah, I know that $3m isnt going to keep him here but it would suck if we do get him and re-sign him for the same or more than Lawson after the season.

And yeah, I definitely know that ownership doesn care which is probably one of the reasons why the 49ers have ******* sucked since 2002. But thats just my own personal opinion.

Originally posted by king2am View Post
              Also, I struggle with you calling people out on personnel topics, especially after you asked questions about Jake Locker's attributes, using EA Sports NCAA 11 as your baseline for questioning.

How do they say it?....."C'mon man"
              I asked about Locker because I noticed he was the highest rated QB in NCAA 11 and some here were talking about him and since I dont follow college football, I asked a few questions about him? Whats wrong with that?

And im not really calling people out. I just dont see the point in paying Merriman over $3m when he's done.

Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
              $3 million is not a dealbreaker but it should be factored in when you consider that SF pass rush, from the LB spot, has been solid and the depth is set up nicely if they are hit with an injury.

Also past history with Merriman body looking like it is starting to breakdown and he wouldn't be ready past the bye week. So $3 million for 8 weeks of iffy production. Plus the rumor SF is looking to trade for him but I would imagine if they traded for him it would be for more then a kick at the tires.

But Sing said they are still looking at a vet LB and Maiocco had a source who says that Manusky "loves" Merriman. Could see them killing two birds with one stone and kicking Brooks inside and adding Merriman to take his spot.
              SF just looking into acquiring Merriman should show us all that they dont know what the **** they're doing. I just think he's done and would be shocked if he doesnt anything positive.

Comment

• I don't see the big deal in going for Merriman. It's a low risk/high reward type thing.

I really don't know how much 3 mill is to the 49ers though.

Comment

• If the Niners would have followed Dan's ideas they would be the team of the decade obviously.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• How good is Manny Lawson?
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                      How good is Manny Lawson?
                      he's decent all-around but not going to be worth the salary he will command.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                        How good is Manny Lawson?
                        Great in coverage, great against the run, mediocre pass rusher

Comment

• You should play Ahmad Brooks more

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            If the Niners would have followed Dan's ideas they would be the team of the CENTURY obviously.
                            Fixed. :)

But seriously, considering what management and the team itself has done since 2002, I dont think my ideas could make them do any worse than what they've done the last eight seasons (2010 included).

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              You should play Ahmad Brooks more
                              I'll call coach Sing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                                You should play Ahmad Brooks more
                                Not by the way he's playing this season. He looks completely lost out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information