This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by binary View Post
    We should make a push for Moss. It's the Bye week, we need a tall deep threat, why not? It would make the season more entertaining if anything.
    When i first read this i was thought, no ******* way.

But actually it may not be such a bad idea...If we can him for cheap, then why not? Coach Sing can maybe motivate him like he did with VD, and Josh Morgan isn't much of a vertical threat..

It's not we'd get him so he could help for a playoff push. Would just be to make the games a little more interesting.

So far every game, except maybe the Saints game, has been really boring.

Comment

• Anyone know if Troy Smith is for sure starting against the Rams?

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
        Dan what is the point of bringing in McNabb? His skills are clearly declining and, looking at rookie QBs the last few years, if the team takes a QB high in round 1 he is likely going to be the starter on opening day. I'm not saying you shouldn't have veteran insurance but McNabb is going to command a big deal and IMO I think he ends up with Arizona.

Like the idea of Kyle Shanahan. Another guy I would love to see the team make a run at as OC is Josh McDaniels. If he doesn't make it past next year he would be a great addition. Love the spread offense he runs.
        Everyone said the same thing about T.O. a year ago and look at how good he's doing in Cincy despite the team being crappy. As for McNabb, he's on a horrible team. I think McNabb is doing better than anyone though he would. As a starter, he's 4-4 with no RB, an average OL at best, a declining WR in Moss and a bunch of no-names plus the defense is beyond horrible and should have stayed with the 4-3.

I dont want Kyle Shanahan. Why would anyone want him? He sucks. Subtract McNabb and him being employed by his father and he would be right in line next to Raye. And everyone is bashing McNabb for being benched despite the fact that Kyle and Mike are the reason why McNabb was benched in the first place because if McNabb truly doesnt know how to run their two minute offense, thats on Mike and Kyle first and foremost for not making sure McNabb knew it and since they traded for him over six months ago, he should know the two minute drill but im not really surprised since Mike Shanahan is the same person that decided to go to the 3-4 defense just to piss of Haynesworth despite having a potential top ten defense if he would have stayed with the 4-3. Carter had 11 sacks last season in the 4-3 and is better suited for the 4-3 as is Haynesworth. Sorry, but switching to the 3-4 when you dont have the players to run it is beyond stupid. I dont want McDaniels either as he'll just try to trade away Crabtree. LOL.

Back to McNabb, look at he Eagles, they're 4-3 and only a half a game better than WSH and lost head to head and have a far better roster of talent than the Redskins do but again, they're only a half a game better.

McNabb knows how to run the WCO and with Gruden, it would be a damn good fit plus unlike WSH, McNabb would have a franchise RB, WR, TE and a better OL. If McNabb was a 49er right now, our record would be reversed and even if it wasnt, chances are it would be because of our crappy overrated defense.

Originally posted by Madirishman
        Dan, your boy McNabb got benched by your boy Shanahan yesterday in favor of Rex Grossman.

REX GROSSMAN.

I'll pass on McNabb in a Niners uniform next year.

Oh, and I know you want them to claim Randy Moss too. Not happening.
        McNabb got benched because Mike and Kyle are ******* morons. If it wasnt for McNabb, the Redskins wouldnt be 4-4 and would have a worse record than we do. You may want to pass on McNabb as a two year stopgap but I wouldnt. If the team can get Gruden and McNabb hits UFA, I definitely sign him because unlike the Redskins, he has far superior offensive weapons and would have better coaching in Gruden.

Its amazing how no one sees how bad the talent is around McNabb. Carson Palmer has far better talent than McNabb but yet, no one is bashing him for his crappy QB play.

As for Moss, no thanks. The only pain in the ass veteran WR I would want would be T.O. Other than him, I stay with who I have unless MEGATRON becomes available in a trade. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
          Dan, where exactly was the realistic part LOL. I don't think we're going to sign all the top free agents next year. Maybe one. That's about it.
          We havent signed a major UFA since Justin Smith back in 2008. Come on, thats three damn years. if you swap Clements for Marshall and Franklin for Haynesworth, those two pretty much break even. Atogwe would be like $5m or less for one year. Thats cheap for a veteran play making FS. McNabb would cost at least $10-15m a year but when you add in Gruden and the far superior talent he would have around him compared to WSH, it becomes a no brainer. Sproles isnt going to demand much money. He'll be lucky to get half of what he's getting in 2010 per season. Mankins would be the second expensive one after McNabb and if we can sign Clements/Lewis in 2007, I dont see how this would be any different.

Ownership needs to do something because if we let a few UFA's leave, release a few highly paid players and signs crappers to replace them, im going to be pissed off. Look at this past off-season. I said that we should have gone after Marshall, bring back T.O., sign Atogwe, etc. and we didnt do a damn thing and whats our record??? Thats right, we're 2-6 and can barely score 15 points a damn game and our defense has declined. Sorry, but if it was up to me, I wouldnt hesitate to spend money at positions that need an upgrade. Would it work? Who knows but at least the team would be trying to do something positive and show the fans that yeah, we're trying to win instead of just making massive profits while going 8-8 or worse every damn year which eventually, will just piss off 49er fans and make them stop caring. Hell, its already happened with a few of us here not even caring as much as we did just two months ago.

Originally posted by binary View Post
          We should make a push for Moss. It's the Bye week, we need a tall deep threat, why not? It would make the season more entertaining if anything.

Also, lol@ any Mcnabb talk, that dude has been a major flop. Pretty glad we didn't give up two early picks to get him.
          WSH traded away a 2nd rounder for him. WSH is 4-4 which matches their win total from a season ago. McNabb is on pace for just under 4000 yards passing. Granted, his TD to INT ratio is basically 1 to 1 but look at his crappy offense. No RB, no OL, a declining WR and an injured TE. Then, add in the fact that Mike Shanahan is a whopping moron for switching to the 3-4 defense which has been better than BUF and DEN but at the same time, thats not saying much if anything. Two of the Redskins top DL in Carter and Haynesworth have become non-existent and not as good. And his son is the guy YOU GUYS WANT TO BE OUR NEXT HC or OC???? NO ******* WAY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
            Anyone know if Troy Smith is for sure starting against the Rams?
            He will. The crowd would be utterly relentless if Alex starts. According to most 9er fans, Troy is the savior.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
              He will. The crowd would be utterly relentless if Alex starts. According to most 9er fans, Troy is the savior.
              Troy is as much our savior as Nate Davis is.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                Troy is as much our savior as Nate Davis is.
                says the biggest Nate Davis supporter :D

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-off-waivers/

49ers claimed Thaddeus Gibson from the Steelers.

I really like this. This guy will be a monster if he ever puts it all together. The Steelers obviously saw something in him to draft him in the 4th but then again they did put him on waivers too...

I'd rather take a chance with Gibson then waste time with Merriman at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    says the biggest Nate Davis supporter :D
                    LOL. True but unlike Smith, we drafted Davis and its only his second year where as Smith has been around since 2005 or 2006. Cant remember which. I just think that if Smith deserves a shot so does Davis if not more so. Thats all im saying. I just wanted to see Davis play to see what he can do ad if he could become a good quality backup. Also, Davis is only 23 years old and I would have preferred to see what he can do instead of demoting him to the practice squad in favor of Troy Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-off-waivers/

49ers claimed Thaddeus Gibson from the Steelers.

I really like this. This guy will be a monster if he ever puts it all together. The Steelers obviously saw something in him to draft him in the 4th but then again they did put him on waivers too...

I'd rather take a chance with Gibson then waste time with Merriman at least.
                      i was excited when i saw Shefter tweet this. i haven't really seen it anywhere else. i think that this is an excellent move. this will end the merriman talk as well as everyone who was mad hat briggs got away.

Baalke is really making some good moves along with a good draft. now if only we can get a competent coaching staff in here...

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post

Baalke is really making some good moves along with a good draft. now if only we can get a competent coaching staff in here...
                        I really think Baalke has done a good job so far and is worth keeping around after this season is over, unless a proven team-building guru is available.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          LOL. True but unlike Smith, we drafted Davis and its only his second year where as Smith has been around since 2005 or 2006. Cant remember which. I just think that if Smith deserves a shot so does Davis if not more so. Thats all im saying. I just wanted to see Davis play to see what he can do ad if he could become a good quality backup. Also, Davis is only 23 years old and I would have preferred to see what he can do instead of demoting him to the practice squad in favor of Troy Smith.
                          He was drafted in 2007. He's in his fourth season. He was going to start for the Ravens then got a crazy lung infection where he lost twenty some pounds. That forced the Ravens to start their rookie Flacco.

Flacco has been pretty good. That is not damning of Troy.

Also, Troy is only 26 years old. That's hardly ancient.

I hope he works out for your team. I doubt if he wows you very often, but he should be a lot better than Alex Freaking Smith.

As an OSU fan, I'm starting to pull for you as my secondary NFL team (Browns #1). You have a bunch of Buckeyes (Smith, Ginn, Clements, Boone, Gibson) so that makes it easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                            He was drafted in 2007. He's in his fourth season. He was going to start for the Ravens then got a crazy lung infection where he lost twenty some pounds. That forced the Ravens to start their rookie Flacco.

I hope he works out for your team. I doubt if he wows you very often, but he should be a lot better than Alex Freaking Smith.

As an OSU fan, I'm starting to pull for you as my secondary NFL team (Browns #1). You have a bunch of Buckeyes (Smith, Ginn, Clements, Boone, Gibson) so that makes it easy.
                            Better jump on our bandwagon now.... pretty soon there won't be any more room! LMAO

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              I really think Baalke has done a good job so far and is worth keeping around after this season is over, unless a proven team-building guru is available.
                              I still hope we hire a team guru (Parcells or Accorsi or something) or an actual GM though while we still keep Baalke. He is still only the VP of Player Personnel. Best case scenario we hire the Director of Player Personnel for one of the better drafting teams like Colts, Jets, Ravens, etc as our GM and keep Baalke as the VP of Player Personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post

I don't see that happening. He might be slightly better but Alex has been decent so Troy would have to be great to be a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information