This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    Winning should never override stats because winning is a team accomplishment, not a QB accomplishment. Troy Smith did not win the game for the 49ers any more than Alex has lost games for the 49ers, save at Atlanta where Alex really was the main reason we lost. If winning is all on the QB then Vince Young is good and Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning.
    not once did i say troy smith won the game & will be the hero.
    it remains to see if his efforts inspired a team that is better than the record shows.
    my argument is to go with alternative qb other than a. smith. nothing since he has been draft oozes of a leader to me. nothing. he looked like was about to wet his pants when sing was going to bench his as* during the philly game. enough said.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
      i felt like the new orleans game was ours. i really did. i think in that game everyone was doing their part to beat the champs. somehow we blew it. now i'm not putting that one smith but the overthrowing & getting the ball intercepted is not on the coaching staff.

eagles game...was the fumble that caused a 52 yard td for the opposing team sings or coachings fault? let me guess...someone missed a block? i know what the response is. always is. yet everyone on this site says smith is elusive...why didnt he show it?

going 9-19 against the panthers is not going to take any team anywhere. that's before he got hurt. again another team & game that could have been easily managed.

look you & whomever else backs up smith will continue ways to argue for smith. i understand. not once did i make the claim that troy is the be all end all. my suggestion was to go another route & that should have happend back in 2005.
      So you're suggesting that all we needed was a "game manager" vs. New Orleans and Philly? If we had a "game manager" in either of those games, we get blown out early. Kolb was moving the ball at will on us, Gore killed two drives with fumbles, and Nedney missed a 40 yarder...Smith kept us in that game until the last possession, we were 10 yards out of fg range and the Oline blew it on a screen and on 3rd down. Saying that Smith messed up the NO game is just asinine...but that's just my opinion I guess. But think what you want, neither of us are going to see Alex as our QB again so it doesn't really matter. I'm not going to make any more posts about #11, his era is over and I need to move on for my own personal sanity.

Comment

he looked like was about to wet his pants when sing was going to bench his as* during the philly game. enough said.
        you serious with this sh!t? come on man. Alex looked frustrated that his buffoon of a coach was yelling like a maniac at him, then him and vernon had to tell him to **** and go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
          But think what you want, neither of us are going to see Alex as our QB again so it doesn't really matter.
          Thank God.

RIP ST

Comment

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
            Thank God.
            Ehhhhhh, I wouldn't rule ANYTHING out. This coaching staff is too incompetent to be counted on with 100% reliability to do anything.

Comment

• updated mock draft:

( this is assuming that sf stays w/ a 3-4 defense as well )

1. Prince Amukamara - cb
              2. christian ponder - qb
              3. jeremy beal - olb / de
              4. benjamin ijalana - g
              5. barquell rivers - ilb
              6. chris rainy - wr/pr/kr/st - runs a 4.33 ( unless al davis picks him the 2nd round this guy is quick & can be a good pickup )
              7. james aiono - de / olb

Comment

• I know this will be unpopular, but I think I'm starting to like Ryan Mallet as our QBOTF. He's not polished or NFL-ready, but I think there is a ton of talent to work with and his flaws seem fixable. I wouldn't complain if SF takes him unless Luck is still on the board, then I'd be furious.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  I know this will be unpopular, but I think I'm starting to like Ryan Mallet as our QBOTF. He's not polished or NFL-ready, but I think there is a ton of talent to work with and his flaws seem fixable. I wouldn't complain if SF takes him unless Luck is still on the board, then I'd be furious.
                  I don't see how that would happen at this point, as Luck seems to be very close to the consensus #1 overall pick.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

updated mock draft:

( this is assuming that sf stays w/ a 3-4 defense as well )

1. Prince Amukamara - cb
                    2. christian ponder - qb
                    3. jeremy beal - olb / de
                    4. benjamin ijalana - g
                    5. barquell rivers - ilb
                    6. Chris Rainy - wr/pr/kr/st - runs a 4.33 ( unless al davis picks him the 2nd round this guy is quick & can be a good pickup )
                    7. james aiono - de / olb
                    I would freaking love Rainy as a all of those .He has got some mad skill at each of those position , main one is speed and we need speed guys ! . How do the rest of you see our first round pick going , do you feel we need a top 10 QB or can we take a second rounder and get lucky on Ponder like an above poster selected or just wait until next year and see if one our other 2 guys T.Smith or Davis or even Brown can last a season under center and look at other QB in the 2011 draft who might be . Kellen Moore from boise ( Breeze comparison ) Tyerel Pryor and others I can't name now . What do you guys think ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                      I don't see how that would happen at this point, as Luck seems to be very close to the consensus #1 overall pick.
                      Seems to me like most of the teams that are playing poorly have at least a decent QB and may not draft a QB in the first round, which means that the niners could potentially get the best QB in the draft.

Bills ( 0- 8 ): Fitzpatrick has played well
                      Cowboys (1-7): Give up on Romo already?
                      Panthers (1-7): They drafted Clauson (2nd rnd) to be QOTF didn't they?

Lions, Broncos, Bengals, and Niners are all 2-6 so the niners would seem like the only team right now in the top ten of the draft that would take a QB.

Also considering that Mallet or Luck could garner #1 overall pick considerations and that there is a good chance they won't go that high. The niners would also be taking BPA wherever they fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                        I know this will be unpopular, but I think I'm starting to like Ryan Mallet as our QBOTF. He's not polished or NFL-ready, but I think there is a ton of talent to work with and his flaws seem fixable. I wouldn't complain if SF takes him unless Luck is still on the board, then I'd be furious.
                        Luck will likely go #1, won't get him unless we trade up.

I have a feeling Mallett vs Locker will be the dominant conversation this offseason. Maybe Newton or Ponder will enter these conversations as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                          I would freaking love Rainy as a all of those .He has got some mad skill at each of those position , main one is speed and we need speed guys ! . How do the rest of you see our first round pick going , do you feel we need a top 10 QB or can we take a second rounder and get lucky on Ponder like an above poster selected or just wait until next year and see if one our other 2 guys T.Smith or Davis or even Brown can last a season under center and look at other QB in the 2011 draft who might be . Kellen Moore from boise ( Breeze comparison ) Tyerel Pryor and others I can't name now . What do you guys think ?
                          I do not want Ponder, either Luck or Mallet. I see Mallet as being like a taller Brett Favre and I don't know who to compare Luck to. I don't even think Stanford has any good WRS or even good RBs. Their O-line and Luck make that team run, that is impressive. I haven't seen Ponder play, so I base what I know about him on his stats which are not impressive. I am also not sure how good FSU would be without him.

Kellen Moore really doesn't seem like an NFL QB because of the arm strength. Its also hard to grade him because Boise is a good team playing against weaker teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon61 View Post
                            Seems to me like most of the teams that are playing poorly have at least a decent QB and may not draft a QB in the first round, which means that the niners could potentially get the best QB in the draft.

Bills ( 0- 8 ): Fitzpatrick has played well
                            Cowboys (1-7): Give up on Romo already?
                            Panthers (1-7): They drafted Clauson (2nd rnd) to be QOTF didn't they?

Lions, Broncos, Bengals, and Niners are all 2-6 so the niners would seem like the only team right now in the top ten of the draft that would take a QB.

Also considering that Mallet or Luck could garner #1 overall pick considerations and that there is a good chance they won't go that high. The niners would also be taking BPA wherever they fall.
                            Fitz has put some numbers up for the Bills as he's thrown a lot when they've been down, but he hasn't won games. If they continue at this pace and have the worst record in the league, he can start next year again behind their horrid offensive line as a stop-gap for Luck, who will go #1 overall. Book it.

Also, some of the other teams you mentioned have drafted QBs recently in higher rounds, but one team to note would be the Bengals. If they are drafting at that high of a position, they will be cleaning house, and Carson Palmer will get a lot of the blame considering the talent they have placed around him. I could easily see them drafting a QB early in the 1st Round to replace Palmer soon.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon61 View Post
                              I do not want Ponder, either Luck or Mallet. I see Mallet as being like a taller Brett Favre and I don't know who to compare Luck to. I don't even think Stanford has any good WRS or even good RBs. Their O-line and Luck make that team run, that is impressive. I haven't seen Ponder play, so I base what I know about him on his stats which are not impressive. I am also not sure how good FSU would be without him.

Kellen Moore really doesn't seem like an NFL QB because of the arm strength. Its also hard to grade him because Boise is a good team playing against weaker teams.
                              Good point on Mallet . I could live with drafting Mallet but what happens if he doesn't opt out into the draft then we are stuck with locker or no QB at all and we go another and work on all the other positions . Now Moore has the arm strength I think just a little undersized . But try and watch him on the field tonight or when ever you hes got the tools for a QB .He has the rest of the tools , physical , mobility , and work ethics and football IQ off the charts . Just because BSU doesn't play bigger schools he couldn't progress . BCS is broken any how .

Comment

• i think we are also forgetting the possibility of bringing in a veteran QB...

3 guys off the top of my head could be McNabb, Vick, or Kolb.

I think this also all depends on if there is a new head coach, and what kind of QB he likes. I'm personally rooting for Gruden.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information