Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Stanzi. If we bring in a vet I hope it's Kolb. Any QB who Andy Reid thinks can be the future is fine with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon61 View Post
      Kellen Moore really doesn't seem like an NFL QB because of the arm strength. Its also hard to grade him because Boise is a good team playing against weaker teams.
      well.. besides the WAC problem of competitiveness. Didnt Joe Montana have the same problem as everyone is saying of Moore. Im not by an means comparing them just saying the doubts are the same? but Mallett is my 2 qb if we dont get Luck.
      San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
      Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Moore actually has pretty good arm strength from what I have seen. His problem is that he is only like 6' tall

Comment

• I think Moore is gonna be Ty Detmer, just a hunch.

Comment

• Ty Detmer is not a good thing. I say Luck or Locker and forget about Mallett. He screams a deadly combination of Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell to me for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade
              i think we are also forgetting the possibility of bringing in a veteran QB...

3 guys off the top of my head could be McNabb, Vick, or Kolb.

I think this also all depends on if there is a new head coach, and what kind of QB he likes. I'm personally rooting for Gruden.
              Gruden is number one on my list too. As for veteran QB, I want McNabb. He knows the WCO which is what Gruden runs. Perfect combination. Vick no thanks and Kolb is under contract for 2011 so he isnt going anywhere and if Reid picks Vick over Kolb, same thing as just keeping McNabb and thus makes no sense.

Originally posted by binary
              If we bring in a vet I hope it's Kolb. Any QB who Andy Reid thinks can be the future is fine with me.
              Kolb is under contract for 2011 so I dont see him going anywhere and personally, im not interested in trading away draft picks for him plus giving him an extension.

Personally, im hoping for Gruden, McNabb and T.O.'s return. Then, we'll be scoring some points. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                Personally, im hoping for Gruden, McNabb and T.O.'s return. Then, we'll be scoring some points. :)
                yeah i agree, i second that
                San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• I'll only take Gruden no Mcnab or TO specially after what he was being a puss about when he was in the early 2000's seasons. McNabb is just getting old . We need fresh QB . Mallet or Locker should be alright .

Comment

• Seeing as we are still in the hunt, does anyone else think that we really need to bench Davis or/and Rachal?

If the season was over, i would be fine with keeping Davis in there to see if he can hopefully improve.

That right side of the O-Line is killing the niners.

Edit: Doesn't look like we can pull Davis out now...

Staley is out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN
                    Last edited by hawkeye123; 11-15-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                      Seeing as we are still in the hunt, does anyone else think that we really need to bench Davis or/and Rachal?

If the season was over, i would be fine with keeping Davis in there to see if he can hopefully improve.

That right side of the O-Line is killing the niners.

Edit: Doesn't look like we can pull Davis out now...

Staley is out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula

http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN
                      I would keep Davis in at RT regardless of whether or not Staley got injured. He's a rookie and is expected to make mistakes but playing and gaining experience, he'll get better. As for Rachal..............he's still starting?????

*shakes head*

Comment

• I agree with dan. Davis may be looking like Kwame Harris v2 but we have to at least let him play a little longer before we declare him a bust. Now we basically have to keep him in with Staley going down. For the life of me, though, I cannot figure out why Chilo Rachal is still in there. He has been nothing other than awful this year

Comment

• Davis is 20. He's going to take his lumps and have a learning curve. He's made a lot of mistakes but you can see that he has talent. As for Chilo, this is his 3rd year and he clearly looks like he's regressed. He's a lod and can get a push in the run game at times, but he's wildly inconsistent and is a nightmare in pass pro - from the GUARD (not Tackle) position. I would think Snyder at RG would be a good choice for the rest of the year. The only reasons why Chilo is still in there are 1) Sing really likes him 2) Snyder or Wragge look worse to the coaching staff 3) Davis and Rachal like to play next to each other/have some type of chemistry.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• As for QB prospects, I really, surprising, REALLY like Brandon Weeden. Unfortunately he is already 27 and likely won't declare until next season.

As for Rachal... He didn't play yesterday. If Barry Sims plays LT for Staley, we might see Adam Snyder at RG. As of right now, Snyder might play LT making Rachal the starter at RG.
                            Last edited by phlysac; 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              As for Rachal... He didn't play yesterday. If Barry Sims plays LT for Staley, we might see Adam Snyder at RG. As of right now, Snyder might play LT making Rachal the starter at RG.
                              I read that he did play yesterday but didnt start because he missed a practice due to the birth of his son. Whats really crappy is that Sing would get pissed a him or anyone for that matter when you consider why he missed practice.

I'm hoping Sims plays LT and Snyder plays RG.

Comment

• And there goes my Gruden/McNabb/T.O. idea. :(

McNabb signed an extension with the Redskins. 5 years $78m with $40m guaranteed but like every contract, it always looks better than what it is. Cant wait to see the actual details of the contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information