• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachal definitely played yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      Rachal definitely played yesterday
      He played, but I think Snyder had more snaps.

Part of the feeling I get with Sing is that he's too loyal to his own players/staff sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
        He played, but I think Snyder had more snaps.

Part of the feeling I get with Sing is that he's too loyal to his own players/staff sometimes.
        I stand corrected.

Snyder left the game with a shoulder sprain.

Comment

• Rachal played and couldn't even block his old teammate, Michael Lewis, who beat him for a hit/sack on Troy Smith. It was pathetic.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Hai guise

How do you think this Sunday's game will go?

Who's taking snaps at LT now?

How's Taylor Mays doing? Ahmad Brooks? Your rookie linemen?

Thanks in advance.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

• Yes, Rachal played, but didn't start. I meant to say he didn't start.

Comment

• Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post

How's Taylor Mays doing? Ahmad Brooks? Your rookie linemen?

Thanks in advance.
                1. One of the better games of the week IMO - Bucs are legit and in the thick of it in the NFC South and the 49ers tend to play up to their competition (ATL, PHI, NO). Josh Freeman worries me a bit - I think we can handle the ground though.

2. Would have to imagine it will be Barry Sims - filled in last year really well.

3. I didn't think Taylor was doing terribly - differing opinions on here, and the coaches have decided to give Reggie Smith more time. Ahmad Brooks is an offsides waiting to happen. Mike Iupati is doing alright inside - still makes me uncomfortable in pass pro but I think he's getting better in the ground game. Anthony Davis looks shows flashes, but ultimately is a 20 yr old RT playing against men.
                Originally posted by Babylon
                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Depends which 49ers defense shows up. The one that is competetive against the likes of the Falcons, Saints, and Eagles, or the one that is a civ against the Seahwaks, Panthers, and Chiefs.

Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                  Tony Wragge finished the game at LT on Sunday. However, he is a swing interior O-Lineman and won't figure into the equation. It will be either Adam Snyder or Barry Sims, with Sims likely to get the nod because of Snyder's liklihood of being needed at RG. Alex Boone will also likely be activated.

How's Taylor Mays doing?
                  He had been playing better than I expected until week 8. He hadn't been making big plays but was also not making big mistakes. He then got beaten terribly against the Panthers and Broncos. Not sure why he was in single coverage anyways. Reggie Smith had the majority of snaps at SS this past Sunday.

Ahmad Brooks?
                  He'll get a sack occasionally but mostly struggles against the run and in coverage when he isn't too busy jumping offsides. He has been one of the more disappointing players this season, IMO. The fact the 49ers signed Thaddeus Gibson wasn't a vote of confidence for Brooks going into 2011.

Your rookie linemen?
                  Quite up and down.

Mike Iupati has been far more solid than Anthony Davis. Iupati still struggles with technique and will occasionally get beaten with a speed rush and lose battles in the run game. He has shown steady improvement each week, however, and I'm not terribly concerned with him. He will be serviceable, at worst, and if he continues to improve his technique issues, may begin to show touches of the dominance he dispalyed at idaho.

Anthony Davis is basically staying in the lineup on glimpses of ability alone. He will show his ability in the run game and every few weeks have a solid game in pass pro. However, he has been getting beaten quite often this season. His missed block perhaps ended Alex Smith's career in San Francisco and Rams' DE Chris Long abused him terribly on Sunday. He also has mental lapses (false starts) and footwork (holding). Thankfully he has age on his side and hopefully his struggles this season will pay off in the long run. I'm sure it hasn't helped that he plays alongside Chilo Rachal most of the time whom is the epitomy of inconsistency.

As a whole, the O-Line has been quite good at times, and rather diappointing in others, both in the run and passing games.

Thanks in advance.
                  Just my outlook. Hope, that helps a bit.

Comment

• Thanks fellas!

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

• bullg8erdaddy, who is the girl in your avatar and where can I find that clip? kthx.

Comment

• "I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Thx man. Really appreciate it a lot.

Comment

• after today's loss i decided to update my mock draft:

1. patrick robinson - cb
                            2. mike pouncey - g ( this assuming rachael & bass are gone )
                            3. ricky stanzi - qb
                            4. derek wolfe - de ( again assuming sf stays 3-4 )
                            5. jeron johnson - s
                            6. chris rainey - wr/pr/kr
                            7. alex linnenkohl - c

Comment

• Brad Childress was just fired after a drubbing at the hands of the Packers. This follows Wade Phillips who was fired 3 weeks ago after a drubbing by the Packers. And guess who's on our schedule in 2 weeks???

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                                after today's loss i decided to update my mock draft:

1. patrick robinson - cb
                                2. mike pouncey - g ( this assuming rachael & bass are gone )
                                3. ricky stanzi - qb
                                4. derek wolfe - de ( again assuming sf stays 3-4 )
                                5. jeron johnson - s
                                6. chris rainey - wr/pr/kr
                                7. alex linnenkohl - c
                                I don't get it you always complain about the QB and in one the deepest QB draft in years you wait till round 3 to grab one? There is no way SF should pass on a QB in round 1 this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information