This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    Brad Childress was just fired after a drubbing at the hands of the Packers. This follows Wade Phillips who was fired 3 weeks ago after a drubbing by the Packers. And guess who's on our schedule in 2 weeks???
    Yes! Just two more weeks to go. I hope that Manusky gets the interim job because I don't think he is doing much on defense and I want to see what Mike Johnson does with complete control of the offense

Comment

Brad Childress was just fired after a drubbing at the hands of the Packers. This follows Wade Phillips who was fired 3 weeks ago after a drubbing by the Packers. And guess who's on our schedule in 2 weeks???
      wonderful, we get to watch the QB we all wanted rape us again this year.

I ******* hate so many people involved with this franchise.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

The Packers! I acknowledge your pattern-finding skills are quite good but as much as Sing has not got the job done, is there anyone that you want to see on an interim basis for the rest of the year, putting even more stress on this already-depleted coaching staff? I really don't want to see Johnson or Munansky be the HC; They have enough issues with handling coordinator positions.

They should just fire Sing right after his press conference after the last game of the season, where he will have said "We'll have to look at the film" 17 times as an answer out of 20 questions asked.

The other teams (Vikings, Cowboys) you mentioned have LEGIT head coach-caliber options (Fraser, Garrett) behind their under-achieving HCs. The Niners don't IMO.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• [QUOTE=WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?;2392860]I don't get it you always complain about the QB and in one the deepest QB draft in years you wait till round 3 to grab one? There is no way SF should pass on a QB in round 1 this year.[/QUO

1. luck won't be there
          2. mallet...i'm not completely sold on
          3. locker has looked good/bad
          4. ponder would be ok but again i'm not sold on

i truly believe the secondary, offensive line, and pass rush are pressing needs along w/ qb. stanzi i think is the real deal & plays really well.

i'm not complaining. simply suggesting kicking alex out of town or the nfl period.

Comment

• How is Sing still the coach right now? I woke up expecting to see the 9ers have a new HC, and I get nothing? What a crappy feeling.

Comment

• Stanzi is not going to last until the 3rd round. With his play this year, his experience in a pro style offense, and his measurables he will shoot up draft boards by the time April rolls around

Comment

• [QUOTE=chapo123;2393090]
                Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                I don't get it you always complain about the QB and in one the deepest QB draft in years you wait till round 3 to grab one? There is no way SF should pass on a QB in round 1 this year.[/QUO

1. luck won't be there
                2. mallet...i'm not completely sold on
                3. locker has looked good/bad
                4. ponder would be ok but again i'm not sold on

i truly believe the secondary, offensive line, and pass rush are pressing needs along w/ qb. stanzi i think is the real deal & plays really well.

i'm not complaining. simply suggesting kicking alex out of town or the nfl period.
                Fair, my bad for the misinterpretation. IMO I would be very hard pressed to pass on Mallet.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                  How is Sing still the coach right now? I woke up expecting to see the 9ers have a new HC, and I get nothing? What a crappy feeling.
                  No point this deep into the year and also we saw how that turned out two years ago when we did fire a coach midseason. Better to let this ride out and clean house after the season......expect ownership. /sigh

Comment

• Before we get to the draft or free agency, first things first, im waiting to see who our new head coach will be in January and no, I wouldnt fire Singletary until after the season. There's no point in firing him and possibly firing Johnson or Manusky too. Besides, let the new head coach decide on whether or not he wants to keep Johnson and/or Manusky.

I'm just hoping that the next head coach is a veteran who knows what he's doing and isnt some crapper or assistant who's just happy to have the chance at being a head coach.

My picks -

1) Jon Gruden
                    2) Bill Cowher
                    3) Brian Billick

And if the team stays with the 3-4 defense, I would probably hire Wade Phillips who's one of those coaches thats better as a coordinator than he is as the head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                      No point this deep into the year and also we saw how that turned out two years ago when we did fire a coach midseason. Better to let this ride out and clean house after the season......INCLUDING ownership. /sigh
                      Agreed and fixed. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        Before we get to the draft or free agency, first things first, im waiting to see who our new head coach will be in January and no, I wouldnt fire Singletary until after the season. There's no point in firing him and possibly firing Johnson or Manusky too. Besides, let the new head coach decide on whether or not he wants to keep Johnson and/or Manusky.

I'm just hoping that the next head coach is a veteran who knows what he's doing and isnt some crapper or assistant who's just happy to have the chance at being a head coach.

My picks -

1) Jon Gruden
                        2) Bill Cowher
                        3) Brian Billick

And if the team stays with the 3-4 defense, I would probably hire Wade Phillips who's one of those coaches thats better as a coordinator than he is as the head coach.
                        I don't want Billick. Tired of being Ravens of the west theme the 49ers keep going with every year (which is turning out to be more of an insult to the Ravens year after year with the way they throw with Flacco). I wouldn't mind grabbing Norv Turner if the Chargers let him go at seasons end. Also like the idea of Wade as the DC.

INCLUDING ownership. /sigh

Agreed and fixed. :)
                        I guess if the Warriors can get sold anything is possible.

Comment

• maybe I'm crazy, but I'll throw this name out there: Marty Mornhinweg

yes, the Lions were terrible when he was the coach there (when aren't they terrible?) but he's only 48, he's a offensive guy, and I bet having that time in Detroit has given him enough experience to work without mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            maybe I'm crazy, but I'll throw this name out there: Marty Mornhinweg
                            Not my first choice, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Steve Young gives him a ton of props. He comes from good pedigree, and he's done absolute wonders with Vick. He runs a ton of crossing routes, and is super creative with his formations, it would be a breath of fresh air.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                              I don't want Billick. Tired of being Ravens of the west theme the 49ers keep going with every year (which is turning out to be more of an insult to the Ravens year after year with the way they throw with Flacco). I wouldn't mind grabbing Norv Turner if the Chargers let him go at seasons end. Also like the idea of Wade as the DC.
                              Billick isnt first on my list, he's third but I would prefer him over some no name or an assistant who's just happy to have a shot at the head coaching gig. Us being like the Ravens ended after Nolan was fired. Wouldnt mind Turner if SD lets him go but I dont see it happening especially with the injuries they've had plus the GM being a moron with McNeill/Jackson. And even then, SD will most likely win the AFC West especially if Rivers stays at his record pace. I'm still hoping for Gruden first and foremost.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              maybe I'm crazy, but I'll throw this name out there: Marty Mornhinweg

yes, the Lions were terrible when he was the coach there (when aren't they terrible?) but he's only 48, he's a offensive guy, and I bet having that time in Detroit has given him enough experience to work without mistakes.
                              I would love to have Mornhinweg as our OC, not our HC. He's one of those guys who's better as a coordinator than he is as a HC. My dream would be him as the OC under Gruden as the HC.

Originally posted by binary View Post
                              Not my first choice, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Steve Young gives him a ton of props. He comes from good pedigree, and he's done absolute wonders with Vick. He runs a ton of crossing routes, and is super creative with his formations, it would be a breath of fresh air.
                              Mornhinweg is awesome as an OC. Back in 1999/2000, our offense was better than it is now and considering 1999 was the year that Young got injured and retired, thats pretty impressive. Dont want him as an HC though.

Comment

• can someone just bring back the WCO? we have thousands of hours of game film at Niners HQ from when one of NFL's greatest minds was running things.

you wouldn't even need to write your own playbook, just copy every play ever called by Walsh in a Niners game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information