Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornhinweg and Chris Petersen are my two favorite candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent
      can someone just bring back the WCO? we have thousands of hours of game film at Niners HQ from when one of NFL's greatest minds was running things.

you wouldn't even need to write your own playbook, just copy every play ever called by Walsh in a Niners game.
      YES, YES, YES. I agree 1000% and have been saying this for years. We need to get back to basics and it starts with an offensive minded head coach who's used to running the WCO. (Gruden FTW!!!)

Comment

• Never mind.

Comment

• The only hope I have if we get a new OC, is that they stay for at least 1 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            some no name or an assistant who's just happy to have a shot at the head coaching gig.
            You do know everyone on your list was once an assistant...right? I mean, come on Dan, there are great HC candidates out there that haven't had the opportunity yet.
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
              can someone just bring back the WCO? we have thousands of hours of game film at Niners HQ from when one of NFL's greatest minds was running things.

you wouldn't even need to write your own playbook, just copy every play ever called by Walsh in a Niners game.
              There are two folks I'm in favor of at this point. Kyle Shanahan used to be one of them, but I think he's just too young and not even a realistic possibility.

Marty Mornhenwig I think would be a great option to look into. He had a couple of unsuccessful seasons in Detroit, but honestly who could win there with Matt Millen in charge? Our offense was dynamite when he was in here in San Francisco as offensive coordinator. Plus he is a WCO guy, which would make folks excited.

Kubiak is probably going to get fired in Houston unless a miracle occurs as the team makes the playoffs, which I don't see happening. I wouldn't mind him coming here to revitalize this offense. Our defense has a better foundation than Houston, and at least he's have something to work with in that aspect. Another WCO guy who I like, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. I bet Jed York wouldn't either due to him probably not being that expensive.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• screw it, until someone I like more comes up, I'll put my hopes in Marty Mornhenwig, with Jim Harbaugh as the wildcard.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  screw it, until someone I like more comes up, I'll put my hopes in Marty Mornhenwig, with Jim Harbaugh as the wildcard.
                  Mornhenwig was awful in Detroit but he's done a great job in Philly. Whether it was McNabb, Feeley, Kolb, or Vick, they've had solid QB play pretty much the entire decade. And while he's a retread i would prefer him over guys like Heimerdinger or Mularkey or pretty much any other OC out there.

Besides Marty, i also like Harbaugh and Gruden. Wildcard is Holmgren, Jim Trotter was on KNBR a few weeks ago and said (paraphrasing) there were some rumblings that Holmgren could come back...would be a dream come true.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                    Mornhenwig was awful in Detroit but he's done a great job in Philly. Whether it was McNabb, Feeley, Kolb, or Vick, they've had solid QB play pretty much the entire decade. And while he's a retread i would prefer him over guys like Heimerdinger or Mularkey or pretty much any other OC out there.

Besides Marty, i also like Harbaugh and Gruden. Wildcard is Holmgren, Jim Trotter was on KNBR a few weeks ago and said (paraphrasing) there were some rumblings that Holmgren could come back...would be a dream come true.
                    That's gotta be the list right there IMO. Holmgren, Gruden, Mornhinweg, and Harbaugh. Oh yeah, and Shurmur too.

The dream combo IMO would be Gruden/Harbaugh at HC with Childress as the OC. It would be like what Philly has with their combo.
                    Last edited by binary; 11-23-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh is the guy we need anyone else and I'll be disappointed.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Other than QB, whats you next biggest need?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                          Other than QB, whats you next biggest need?
                          coaching

secondary

pass rush

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                            Jim Harbaugh is the guy we need anyone else and I'll be disappointed.
                            What he's done at Stanford is amazing. I'm on board.

Comment

• If you're the Niners FO do you offer to let Harbaugh "buy the groceries" if he's going to "cook the meal?" Or do you look to have him team up with an experienced FO guru (like a Holmgren)?

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                                If you're the Niners FO do you offer to let Harbaugh "buy the groceries" if he's going to "cook the meal?" Or do you look to have him team up with an experienced FO guru (like a Holmgren)?
                                I think he'd be down if he thought he could get Andrew Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information