Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we get Holmgren as the GM, everything else could fall into place as pat of a dream offseason. People around the league realize that the Niners do have a lot of talented players, so a long turnaround isn't necessary, but adding a few great players to the mix in key positions along with some better scheming could produce a very competitive team.

Happy Thanksgiving fellas. Cheers!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• The vet player is Westbrook, it's gotta be. Dude came from one of the great offensive minds in the game to this? He probably thinks this is some kind of joke.

Comment

• PFT's take on the coaching situation here

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oaching-staff/

No matter what you think of anonymous sources killing the team’s coaching staff, articles like this will not help Singletary’s chances of outlasting the rats.
        Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 11-26-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
          Baalke is VP of Player Personnel, we can probably hire a GM and keep Baalke where he is. And Holmgren, Gruden, and Morningwheg is an offensive dream team. It would also bring us back to the WCO, which is what i support. Not very realistic to get all 3 though.If we stick with the 3-4, we could hire Wade Phillips. If we go to a 4-3, we could go after John Fox.

Here's an article on our offensive fail

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/P...49ERS-29819962

Any guesses as to who the players are? My guesses

Experienced- Brian Westbrook
          Former- Michael Robinson
          Current- ? Maybe Vernon Davis

Anyways, just shows what a sad thing our offense has become. From the glory days to this. Offensive coaching staff needs a complete overhaul. Only coach i support keeping on offense is TE coach Pete Hoener.
          Could see the former player being Shaun Hill. He said a few weeks ago that he was happy to be out of SF because none of the player roles were defined. Agree the experienced player gotta be Westbrook. Wonder how much he regrets signing here. It also seems everytime he steps on the field there is either a timeout or penalty. He is cursed.

On John Fox Kevin Lynch had suggested, on his blog, that Fox would be high on the York's list for the head coaching job..........which I would just hate. Not a big John Fox guy.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Fox, but at this point, I would gladly take any one with experience/success.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
              PFT's take on the coaching situation here

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oaching-staff/
              I can't wait for Singletary and company to leave.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• If John Fox comes, I don't want him to bring along Clausen.

Comment

• Rumors going around about Holmgren wanting to coach again. If he does and leaves CLE, would anyone object to bringing him back to SF???
                  I for one would jump up & applaud, no one in his right mind would object to him leaving ******* Cleveland.

It would be his dream job he's coveted for decades now, former Walsh asst, he's from there & played HS FB in The city, his family is rooted there, etc. Yeah I know he lost a SB he could've & would've won but for the assrape by the officials, Seattle was playing the NFL Designated Glamor Team the Steelers so no flies on Holmgren IMO.

Probably too good to be true though, & Holmgren would want to be GM & HC. I'm thinking the York/DeBartolo Dynasty won't let that happen & it could only happen if he's willing to work dirt cheap, & that's not going to occur. I think they're going to get Fox after Carolina fires him & only if Fox is not offered or turns down the soon to be open Dallas HC job.
                  Last edited by LizardState; 11-28-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    I for one would jump up & applaud, no one in his right mind would object to him leaving ******* Cleveland.

It would be his dream job he's coveted for decades now, former Walsh asst, he's from there & played HS FB in The city, his family is rooted there, etc. Yeah I know he lost a SB he could've & would've won but for the assrape by the officials, Seattle was playing the NFL Designated Glamor Team the Steelers so no flies on Holmgren IMO.

Probably too good to be true though, & Holmgren would want to be GM & HC. I'm thinking the York/DeBartolo Dynasty won't let that happen & it could only happen if he's willing to work dirt cheap, & that's not going to occur. I think they're going to get Fox after Carolina fires him & only if Fox is not offered or tunes down the soon to be open Dallas HC job.
                    I didnt mean object to him leaving Cleveland. I meant object to him coming back. I would like to think that there wouldnt be but who the hell knows??? LOL.

Considering that Sing is currently the HC and GM since he's the one who makes the decisions on who to sign, release, etc., I think it could happen if they were to go after Holmgren but thats where I think it ends because I dont think they would.

Sometimes, I wish I was a billionaire so I could buy the 49ers. Then, I would bring back Holmgren as the GM, hire Gruden as the HC and go from there. Granted, no guarantee that it would work the way we want it but at least I would try to get this team back on track and hell, at least we would all be happy about seeing a Holmgren/Gruden reunion in SF. :)

As for John Fox, no thanks.

Gruden is still my number one choice because he's an offensive minded HC who runs the WCO and because as far as I know, he's not going to take crap from anyone. He's not a Wade "roll over" Phillips type coach, know what I mean? He's basically what we want in a head coach all rolled into one.

Actually, let me rephrase that - he's basically what we NEED in a head coach all rolled into one.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post

Probably too good to be true though, & Holmgren would want to be GM & HC. I'm thinking the York/DeBartolo Dynasty won't let that happen & it could only happen if he's willing to work dirt cheap, & that's not going to occur. I think they're going to get Fox after Carolina fires him & only if Fox is not offered or tunes down the soon to be open Dallas HC job.
                      John Fox. Wouldn't be surprised with our cheap ass ownership.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Eff John Fox, you gotta be kidding me, not happening.

Comment

• I wonder if Gruden and Holmgren would agree to work together with Holmgren to work as the GM and Gruden receiving roster control and they could both share the game-planning duties. Gruden could then call the games or work with his choice of OC to do so.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• if Holgren is going to leave The Cleve (which I don't see) he's going to be doing so with the intention of having full control.

also, Dan, if a coordinator is going to leave their current job, they have to be taking either a promotion or demotion if they're under contract for the next season.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Anyone catch Peter King on the NBC pregame?

He said Singletary is on real thin ice. Mentioned Harbaugh and Gruden as candidates. Thats good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                if Holgren is going to leave The Cleve (which I don't see) he's going to be doing so with the intention of having full control.

also, Dan, if a coordinator is going to leave their current job, they have to be taking either a promotion or demotion if they're under contract for the next season.
                                Holmgren would have full control. He would be the GM and if he hires Gruden, they worked together in GB so im sure they wouldnt have any problems with each other.

Yeah, I know. I'm hoping that Mornhinweg's contract expires after this season but I dont think that it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information