This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    Anyone catch Peter King on the NBC pregame?

He said Singletary is on real thin ice. Mentioned Harbaugh and Gruden as candidates. Thats good news.
    Didnt see it but even though he's mentioned Harbaugh and Gruden as candidates, I take it as just another rumor. Until I hear, Gruden in SF talking contract, I wont believe it.

In regards to Gruden, I seriously hope that it happens.

Comment

• Jon Gruden is apparently a top candiate in the Miami Hurricane/Dolphin job...

Comment

• Off Tim Kawakami's twitter (talking about 49ers interest in Harbaugh) :

Originally posted by Tim Kawakami
        But I can now add that Jed York has let some people know that he's very interested in learning more about Jim Harbaugh.
        Harbaugh/Luck in '11!

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          Didnt see it but even though he's mentioned Harbaugh and Gruden as candidates, I take it as just another rumor. Until I hear, Gruden in SF talking contract, I wont believe it.

In regards to Gruden, I seriously hope that it happens.
          Here's the video Dan

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/228251...10922#40410922

Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          Off Tim Kawakami's twitter (talking about 49ers interest in Harbaugh) :

Harbaugh/Luck in '11!
          Very exciting news!

Comment

• Harbaugh would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
              Jon Gruden is apparently a top candidate in the Miami Hurricane/Dolphin job...
              I heard the King comment, he also said Harbaugh would be the #1 contender for the job IF HE DOESNT TAKE THE MICHIGAN JOB.

I assume then we can conclude that Rich Rod is dead meat in Ann Arbor (Harbaugh's home town). IDK the exact circumstances, but won't they have to make a huge payout to him to fire him? Might be cheaper to keep him.

I still think that Harbaugh will be able to take his pick cafeteria-style from several NFL jobs & maybe Michigan too, Carolina, Vikings, maybe Houston Texans, maybe Dallas...... If he has his druthers he would choose the best NFL job & a big factor there would be the one with pick most able to acquire Luck as it could be a pre-negotiated pkg. deal. Unless Michigan throws boatloads of millions of $ at him like my school Bama did for Saban (approx. $24M) to lure him from the Fins, that would be an offer Harbaugh couldn't refuse. And his alma mater Michigan is a very wealthy, very prestigious program.

Comment

• According to Maiocco Jed met Harbaugh for Dinner and Lunch twice before the Stanford/Cal game.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/11/29/10/H...70&feedID=5936

York told Comcast SportsNet that he attended two functions during the week of the Stanford-Cal game: the Guardsman lunch and a Bohemian Club dinner. With Harbaugh being the hottest name on the college coaching scene, was it possible York wanted to be around Harbaugh to learn more about him?
                Thats during the week of November 15-20 (gameday). Peter King says Harbaugh is a top candidate on November 28th. Sounds like a big coincidence to me...

Comment

• *shrugs*

*rather have Holmgren and/or Gruden*

Comment

• Frankly, I'll take any one at this point who even remotely seems like they know what the **** they're doing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                      Frankly, I'll take any one at this point who even remotely seems like they know what the **** they're doing.
                      See............this is the difference between me and everyone else here on this forum.

I dont want our next head coach to be someone who even remotely seems like they know what the **** they're doing, I want our next head coach to be someone who already has NFL head coaching experience and knows what he's doing as in FACT, not speculation but thats just me.

Comment

See............this is the difference between me and everyone else here on this forum.

I dont want our next head coach to be someone who even remotely seems like they know what the **** they're doing, I want our next head coach to be someone who already has NFL head coaching experience and knows what he's doing as in FACT, not speculation but thats just me.
                        Dude - Brent has frustration dripping from his words, he wouldn't just settle for a bum who has some clue.

Wade Phillips had experience - he's unemployed.

We all understand your stance, and i'm sure given the chance almost everyone would take Gruden over Harbaugh. However, that does not make Harbaugh junk.
                        Originally posted by Babylon
                        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                          Dude - Brent has frustration dripping from his words, he wouldn't just settle for a bum who has some clue.

Wade Phillips had experience - he's unemployed.

We all understand your stance, and i'm sure given the chance almost everyone would take Gruden over Harbaugh. However, that does not make Harbaugh junk.
                          Hope you're not comparing Phillips to Gruden because HC wise, thats like comparing ice cream to crap and Phillips is unemployed because he's not strict enough or motivated his players enough.

I never said Harbaugh would be junk let's be realistic. Our last three head coaches were Erickson, Nolan and Singletary. Do you really want to take a chance on a college HC when a veteran experienced offensive head coach like Gruden is available?

I wouldnt and the York's would be stupid if they do because most college coaches that coach in the NFL flame out so while there's no guarantee that Gruden will be awesome for us, I have far more confidence in him than I do with any college head coach.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Hope you're not comparing Phillips to Gruden because HC wise, thats like comparing ice cream to crap and Phillips is unemployed because he's not strict enough or motivated his players enough.

I never said Harbaugh would be junk let's be realistic. Our last three head coaches were Erickson, Nolan and Singletary. Do you really want to take a chance on a college HC when a veteran experienced offensive head coach like Gruden is available?

I wouldnt and the York's would be stupid if they do because most college coaches that coach in the NFL flame out so while there's no guarantee that Gruden will be awesome for us, I have far more confidence in him than I do with any college head coach.

Absolutely not - just making a general point that you don't need prior head coaching experience at the NFL level in order to be a good candidate, or a good head coach.
                            Originally posted by Babylon
                            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                              Dude - Brent has frustration dripping from his words, he wouldn't just settle for a bum who has some clue
                              this guy knows what's up.

but seriously, I might give up on the NFL if the Niners don't get someone in there who ******* KNOWS ****.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Why do you want Gruden so bad? He cripples NFL teams, that's why he is out of work. He doesn't draft well and only addresses the QB position with veteran free agents. We might make the playoffs his first year or two then we will be back to right where we are here. Not worth it to me.
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information