Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to get pessimistic again and wondering if the team doesn't drafting a QB in the early rounds because of Troy Smith's performance so far.

Comment

• if they don't take a QB, they need to kill someone. probably York.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Jeebus Dan, for the billionth time, Manny Lawson is not a passrusher. Not now, not next year, not if he gains 15 pounds, not if he drops 15 pounds, not if he eats green eggs and ham. Please, let it go.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Draft slot rules...

Those teams that did not make the playoffs will pick before teams with the same record that did. Teams that were in the playoffs will have their choice decided by the order in which they were eliminated from the post-season.

If the NFC West champ is 7-9 they could pick 10 spots later than they would otherwise.

Comment

• Scott's new mock has us picking Jake Locker at #8. Luck (Carolina) and Mallett (Arizona) are off the board. Thoughts?

Comment

• Plan A.1: Clean out the coaching staff
              Plan A.2: Andrew Luck: do we give up everything to move up & get him? Picks & players
              Plan B: nab next best QB - who is it?
              Plan C: offer Carolina a 3rd for Clausen (assuming they take Luck)

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                Plan C: offer Carolina a 3rd for Clausen (assuming they take Luck)
                **** that, I didn't want him in April, I dont want him now.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  **** that, I didn't want him in April, I dont want him now.
                  Yeah I would rather have Carr than him.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                    Scott's new mock has us picking Jake Locker at #8. Luck (Carolina) and Mallett (Arizona) are off the board. Thoughts?
                    If Luck and Mallett are off the board I would rather go boom or bust with Cam Newton than Jake Locker. Impressed the hell out of me against Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                      Yeah I would rather have Carr than him.
                      Your kidding right? David Carr has looked terrible for what, 8 years now?

Clausen has been in the league for less than a half year and could be pretty good with some weapons.

I could imagine we could get him for less than a 3rd round pick however..

Comment

• I'd like to take a chance at Cam Newton if things don't work out. I doubt the 49ers have a shot at luck unless they trade down and the new head coach really wants him.
                        Last edited by Ness; 12-05-2010, 05:35 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          I'd like to take a chance at Cam Newton if things don't work out. I doubt the 49ers have a shot at luck unless they trade down and the new head coach really wants him.
                          I have no problem with Cam but If they get Cam they have to be very, very careful. They have to have the best QB development people in place, or it's going to be a disaster. The system has to be great, the coaches have to be great, and they'll probably have to let him sit for a while. With Cam I'd want a guy like Mornhinweg, Gruden, or Shurmur over a guy like Harbaugh.

Comment

• They don't have the coaching in place to develop a promising QB let alone a project QB. It's sad they won't have Luck, who seems to be the no-brainer this year among the QB prospects.

Us fans will have to just see what develops in the offseason and hope for the best....and a good amount of luck.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                              I have no problem with Cam but If they get Cam they have to be very, very careful. They have to have the best QB development people in place, or it's going to be a disaster. The system has to be great, the coaches have to be great, and they'll probably have to let him sit for a while. With Cam I'd want a guy like Mornhinweg, Gruden, or Shurmur over a guy like Harbaugh.
                              One red flag that goes up for me with Newton is yesterday was his first game that he has attempted more than 25 passes in a season. I was stunned to see that.

Comment

• Troy Smith's last 3 games...

16-31
                                11-23
                                10-25

Even as terrible as most think Alex is, he has only had a stretch of 3 games THAT poor TWICE in his career. In his rookie season, and the games he played with a broken shoulder in 2007.

At least Sing is "sticking with the hot hand."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information