This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    I'd like to take a chance at Cam Newton if things don't work out. I doubt the 49ers have a shot at luck unless they trade down and the new head coach really wants him.
    Trade down for Luck? Dont you mean trade up? Luck seems to be the number one QB with Locker number two. Personally, I'll take either one at this point but it all depends on who our next head coach turns out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
      Troy Smith's last 3 games...

16-31
      11-23
      10-25

Even as terrible as most think Alex is, he has only had a stretch of 3 games THAT poor TWICE in his career. In his rookie season, and the games he played with a broken shoulder in 2007.

At least Sing is "sticking with the hot hand."
      Troy sucks and Alex isnt much better. The only difference is that Alex has been screwed over since the day he was drafted. Enough said.

Going into 2011, im hoping for Locker (but I wouldnt complain if we draft Luck) as the starting franchise QB, Hasselbeck as the backup if Holmgren returns to SF as the head coach and/or GM. If Gruden comes in as the head coach with or without Holmgren, I would probbly still sign Hasselbeck if SEA doesnt re-sign him since he's a veteran and knows the west coast offense. And finally, I sign Nate Davis and keep him as the third stringer. I'm sure that he's been laughing his ass off at Singletary this season.

Comment

• Seahawks and Rams both won...49ers are 2 games back with 4 to play.

The 49ers playoff chances are slim, but a Seahawk win next week pretty much seals the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          Trade down for Luck? Dont you mean trade up? Luck seems to be the number one QB with Locker number two. Personally, I'll take either one at this point but it all depends on who our next head coach turns out to be.
          Up. Yes that's right.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Gruden + Cam Newton = match made in heaven

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...ESPNUHeadlines

Read whatever you want, but it sounds like Harbaugh will stay in Stanford if he signs the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                Your kidding right? David Carr has looked terrible for what, 8 years now?

Clausen has been in the league for less than a half year and could be pretty good with some weapons.

I could imagine we could get him for less than a 3rd round pick however..
                Yes I'm serious that's what I think of Jimmy Clausen.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Clausen may be an option if he can be had on the cheap and the Niners aren't in position to take a QB in the First Round without reaching on a project player. I would still want them to take a QB in the Draft to compete with Clausen as well. I've watched a little of him this year and he reminds me of a poor-man's Phillip Rivers, without the ideal size that Rivers has. He needs more time (and a better team around him) to develop.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...ESPNUHeadlines

Read whatever you want, but it sounds like Harbaugh will stay in Stanford if he signs the deal.
                    Really surprised that Harbaugh is going to stay at Stanford. Now Gruden moves to the top of my wishlist and the rumors are starting to heat up of him coming to SF.
                    http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010...land/#comments

Jay Glazer also tweeted about SF being high on Gruden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...ESPNUHeadlines

Yeah i read that last night too. If Harbaugh stays with Stanford it won't be for the money. They won't be able to match what an NFL team or even Michigan can offer. But i'm still holding out some hope that the AD is just being overly optimistic and Harbaugh's competitive nature leads him to the next step in football (NFL HC).

Comment

• So McDaniels just got the can. What about bringing him in as an OC? IF Gruden gets the HC job, how well could the 2 mesh?

Comment

• also, according to Gruden's son, he's looking to coach either in San Francisco or Cleveland. http://bit.ly/efvqaM

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            So McDaniels just got the can. What about bringing him in as an OC? IF Gruden gets the HC job, how well could the 2 mesh?
                            Cowher+McDaniels=49ersgasm.

Comment

• Alex named starter:
                              JasonLaCanfora Alex Smith is again 49ers starting QB. Coach Mike Singletary met with his staff in San Fran when the decision was made. Troy Smith backs up
                              49ers are run worse than BP.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                                Alex named starter:

49ers are run worse than BP.
                                Were they supposed to keep Troy in after his last few performances?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information