This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    Were they supposed to keep Troy in after his last few performances?
    What's the point of making the switch back? I am a big Alex Smith fan but he went 1-6 as a starter. The ship has sailed just stick with Troy. Sing is just shuffling chairs on the Titantic. Bill Parcells said it best "you are what you record says you are". Plus Troy helps the tank commander movement of getting a better draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
      Clausen may be an option if he can be had on the cheap and the Niners aren't in position to take a QB in the First Round without reaching on a project player. I would still want them to take a QB in the Draft to compete with Clausen as well. I've watched a little of him this year and he reminds me of a poor-man's Phillip Rivers, without the ideal size that Rivers has. He needs more time (and a better team around him) to develop.
      Clausen would not make me optimistic as a fan in 2011, assuming there is football.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        What's the point of making the switch back? I am a big Alex Smith fan but he went 1-6 as a starter. The ship has sailed just stick with Troy. Sing is just shuffling chairs on the Titantic. Bill Parcells said it best "you are what you record says you are". Plus Troy helps the tank commander movement of getting a better draft pick.
        Singletary is not playing for next year because he knows that if we don't somehow make the playoffs then he is gone. He usually does not make smart decisions but he has seen enough to know that Alex > Troy so he is making a last ditch effort to save his job. If he allows the playbook to be opened up, which he probably will, then it sadly might work.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          Singletary is not playing for next year because he knows that if we don't somehow make the playoffs then he is gone. He usually does not make smart decisions but he has seen enough to know that Alex > Troy so he is making a last ditch effort to save his job. If he allows the playbook to be opened up, which he probably will, then it sadly might work.
          Realize that Sing is coaching for his job but how much more will this playbook really be opened up? How many times have we said this season? After Raye was fired, after Alex got hurt, after Gore got hurt? At least with Troy in there he attempts to push the ball downfield. He has an anti-Singletary mindset and I like that about them.

Comment

• No thanks to Clausen and/or McDaniels.

As for Harbaugh, anyone thinking that he may stay at Stanford because Luck will be staying?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
              No thanks to Clausen and/or McDaniels.

As for Harbaugh, anyone thinking that he may stay at Stanford because Luck will be staying?
              Andrew Luck is staying?

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Realize that Sing is coaching for his job but how much more will this playbook really be opened up? How many times have we said this season? After Raye was fired, after Alex got hurt, after Gore got hurt? At least with Troy in there he attempts to push the ball downfield. He has an anti-Singletary mindset and I like that about them.
                I would be shocked if Alex doesn't have that same mindset.

I support this move, after a larger sampling of Troy I think it's clear that Alex is worlds better than he is. Maybe with the improved line play and all of the pressure off, Alex might be able to nicely audition himself for another team.
                Originally posted by Babylon
                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Alex and Troy are different players; almost opposites really.

Alex is more calculated, cerebral, taller and tight with a lot of his motions.

Troy is more of a natural leader, more mobile, and he plays more with his instinct than his head.

I'll not say they are 'worlds apart' but Alex is an overall better QB with more upside than Troy. However, Troy is a better leader, which does make it closer.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Alex is a a worse quarterback in my opinion. But it doesn't matter. The plus side is that the 49ers will probably lose more games and have a better overall selection. I certainly won't be rooting for them to lose, I'm just saying I would not be mind having a better pick.

Comment

• I see every one just got the news . SO do we even have a Chance at our next game vs Sea or even SD for that matter ? So if we lose this is Sign gone ? McD just got fired in Denver . I've been bummed out. I mean come on , we had the packers all game Sunday until the mid 3rd and just way they blow up our secondary like crap . Which QB do you guys feel would be fit out offense? I know we don't need a project guy like Newton . I think Mallet or Locker would have a fair chance . Both great arms and physical abilities . Here is a fun link to our end of the season boos .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-the-saddle/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                        I see every one just got the news . SO do we even have a Chance at our next game vs Sea or even SD for that matter ? So if we lose this is Sign gone ? McD just got fired in Denver . I've been bummed out. I mean come on , we had the packers all game Sunday until the mid 3rd and just way they blow up our secondary like crap . Which QB do you guys feel would be fit out offense? I know we don't need a project guy like Newton . I think Mallet or Locker would have a fair chance . Both great arms and physical abilities . Here is a fun link to our end of the season boos .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-the-saddle/
                        Mike Singletary should be done anyways. This shouldn't be a question.

By the way I would not actually mind Newton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          Mike Singletary should be done anyways. This shouldn't be a question.

By the way I would not actually mind Newton.
                          after watching that last game against south carolina, i began to fall in love the thought of Newton being drafted by the niners. the throws that he can make are just beautiful to watch. The thing is, can he handle the mental side if the game, and can we take another 5 year setback at QB?

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                            after watching that last game against south carolina, i began to fall in love the thought of Newton being drafted by the niners. the throws that he can make are just beautiful to watch. The thing is, can he handle the mental side if the game, and can we take another 5 year setback at QB?
                            In all honesty, for me it doesn't matter at all who comes in at quarterback as long as the right coaching staff is in place to make whoever undercenter a megastar. I miss the days of Steve Young and Jeff Garcia and our offense being top five in the NFL. I want to score 30 points a game every Sunday. So whether it's a highly touted rookie, journeyman quarterback, or some free agent, I don't care. As long as they become one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. I think we need a good coaching staff though to acquire that "said" quarterback.

But if I had to be selfish I'd like to get Newton if Luck wasn't available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                              In all honesty, for me it doesn't matter at all who comes in at quarterback as long as the right coaching staff is in place to make whoever undercenter

This is the key to the entire offseason.

As for Alex starting, it makes sense from Sing's perspective, Alex is the better QB. Personally, I don't really care much. I think they should start Troy and if he isn't doing good then bring in Alex. The crowd is going to be worse than the Raider game for Alex.

Comment

• what if newton comes out, and there is a lockout. does that mean newton would practice? or would he be at home.

so basically im asking can we use the lockout as an advantage or is it all around gonna kill everyone, if it happens.
                                San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                                Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information