X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there would be no official work outs/ practices

(i'm pretty sure...)

Comment

• The more I think about it, and more I believe that Carson Palmer will be the starting QB for the Niners next year, even if he's only a couple year stop-gab for a high draft pick (Locker, Newton, Mallet, etc.). I see them cleaning house in Cincy, with Marvin Lewis, Palmer, T.O., etc. all leaving after this year. Palmer, though he's never reached his perceived very high potential after his knee injury a few years back (hen he was the best young QB in the NFL), he has the experience and accuracy to use the weapons in Frisco more effectively than any QB we've had since Garcia. I also believe a return to playing in Cali would be refreshing for Palmer, who could experience a career year playing against the Rams, Seahawks and Cardinals defenses a couple times in better weather each year, as opposed to two games each with the Ravens, Steelers, and an up and coming Browns D. I believe if he's released or reasonably available via trade that the Niners should look at a game manager like him to help them get to the next level.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• NO thanks to Palmer coming to the 49ers unless he is a back up . We still need to draft a top quality QB like Locker or one of the later round QB maybe Stanzi ( sp ) If we go that way , we could beef up the D fence first two rounds and draft him in the third or second depending on how he does in the senior bowl etc. What you guys think about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
          NO thanks to Palmer coming to the 49ers unless he is a back up . We still need to draft a top quality QB like Locker or one of the later round QB maybe Stanzi ( sp ) If we go that way , we could beef up the D fence first two rounds and draft him in the third or second depending on how he does in the senior bowl etc. What you guys think about him?
          It's really hard to say. Considering the fact that we might take the NFC West and make playoffs, Singletary might end up staying. Or we could end up in a regime change, which will lead to a different drafting policy.

Comment

• Palmer has been bad for years and signed a huge contract extension worth $118 million that runs from 2005-2014. No thanks. The only guys that look worthy of being traded for are Orton (4th at best IMO) or Matt Flynn (5th or worse, and mainly if we sign their QB coach as our OC) and neither are long term starters. I would look into trading for Kolb as well but the price tag is going to be high, at least a 2nd round pick and 1-2 mid round picks on top of that. Don't know what we can do...if/when we get a new HC we'll probably draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. Maybe Jake Locker.

Originally posted by Verloren View Post
            It's really hard to say. Considering the fact that we might take the NFC West and make playoffs, Singletary might end up staying. Or we could end up in a regime change, which will lead to a different drafting policy.
            I think Sing is done. Jed isn't having lunch and dinner with Jim Harbaugh for the fun of it. Mike Silver and Matt Barrows also reported that there's a good possibility we win the division and still fire Singletary, although that was after the MNF game against Arizona. We were supposed to win this division with ease, i would hope our owner isn't stupid enough to reward Singletary because we were the least incompetent team in the division.

Comment

• The only way I see Mike Singletary staying around is if the 49ers make the playoffs and at least advance to the second round. This season has been too much of a rollarcoaster and a lot of bad press has resulted because of it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                Palmer has been bad for years and signed a huge contract extension worth $118 million that runs from 2005-2014. No thanks. The only guys that look worthy of being traded for are Orton (4th at best IMO) or Matt Flynn (5th or worse, and mainly if we sign their QB coach as our OC) and neither are long term starters. I would look into trading for Kolb as well but the price tag is going to be high, at least a 2nd round pick and 1-2 mid round picks on top of that. Don't know what we can do...if/when we get a new HC we'll probably draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. Maybe Jake Locker.
                If the Bengals release Palmer, then his salary wouldn't matter to the Niners, as he would sign for less. Orton has had a good season but has looked awful the last two weeks and though he was fired, I believe McDaniels made Orton better, just like he made Cassell better. The Eagles will not get rid of Kolb as Vick has a history of missing a couple games during the season. Matt Flynn is a joke; he couldn't even lead the Packers on a scoring drive yesterday against the Lions. To say you'd rather have him than Palmer is completely asinine.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                  If the Bengals release Palmer, then his salary wouldn't matter to the Niners, as he would sign for less. Orton has had a good season but has looked awful the last two weeks and though he was fired, I believe McDaniels made Orton better, just like he made Cassell better. The Eagles will not get rid of Kolb as Vick has a history of missing a couple games during the season. Matt Flynn is a joke; he couldn't even lead the Packers on a scoring drive yesterday against the Lions. To say you'd rather have him than Palmer is completely asinine.
                  First i have to say i thought you wanted Palmer as our new long-term starter, didn't see the stopgap part. My bad. But i'm still not a big fan. I really doubt Mike Brown releases Palmer with 4 years left on his contract, considering the huge investment. He's one of the more frugal owners in the NFL, so to speak. If they do trade him i expect it to be for too high a price (2nd?), because the Bengals literally have nobody else worthy on their roster. I don't think anything will happen with him until the CBA is sorted out, and even then the Bengals could keep him even if they draft a new QB. But really, Palmer is washed up, he just makes too many mistakes. I don't trust him anymore.

As for Orton and Flynn...for the expected price (4th or 5th), they would be solid, cheap backups and could start for a few games while we groom our rookies. What i like about Orton is he's a solid "game manager" and doesn't make a ton of mistakes. Orton has thrown 33 interceptions his last 3 full years as a starter, in Palmer's last 3 full years Carson threw 51 interceptions. None of them are here to be our fulltime starters anyways, but if i had a choice i'd choose the game manager who doesn't make mistakes (Orton) or the young guy with upside (Flynn) at reduced prices over the washed up vet who makes bad decisions (Palmer). JMO.
                  Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 12-13-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Was Aubrayo Franklin given an extension this year? And if not, do you think he comes back or hits the market?
                    Cowboys Mock:
                    1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                    2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                    3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                      Was Aubrayo Franklin given an extension this year? And if not, do you think he comes back or hits the market?
                      No, he was franchised. There are many factors, including a likely coaching and front office (GM) change, so it's hard to say for sure. Assuming they stay in a 3/4 Defense next year, they'll likely franchise him again.

Comment

• lets be honest, Tayor Mays blows.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                          lets be honest, Tayor Mays blows.
                          How so? (10car)
                          Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

To be honest, I'm impressed that he finds his way to the stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                              How so? (10car)
                              Did you watch the 3rd and 4th quarter? Hasselbeck was torching him repeatedly.

Comment

lets be honest, stating that Taylor Mays blows with such a small sample of games, is stupid.
                                Originally posted by Babylon
                                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information