This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    This game sealed Alex Smith's fate. I'm so glad that piece of **** quarterback is going to get the **** out of here. He's been a disgrace since he was drafted.
    You overrate how bad he is been. He has been bad, no doubt, but not a disgrace. The real disgrace has been the FO and coaching staff. Last night Alex was one of the players that actually showed up on offense

Comment

• We're also kinda set at C (when Heitmann comes back), and OG (Snyder/Iupati/Baas) as long as Rachal is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
        I'm sorry but Netwon is Highly overrated . Enough said and I don't think the 49ers need another TO .
        And this is coming frm a HUGE Tebow fan! Interesting!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I think that we are set at a lot of positions but this coaching staff, specifically Singletary and Manusky, is all time bad.

- At running back we are great, Gore is a top 5 back and Dixon looks to be a great back up

- We have arguably the best pair of tight ends in the league

- LT is above average and, hopefully, Davis becomes a good right tackle

- Center is fine

- Guard is good. Iupati looks like he is going to be great and Snyder/Wragge are both solid starters, I have no idea why Rachal is still starting though

- We have one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league in Smith and Franklin is a good NT; RJF, McDonald, and Sopoaga are all solid as well

- Our linebackers are set at 3/4 positions. Willis and Spikes are Pro Bowl caliber players and Lawson is pretty good. Haralson should be a situational pass rusher only, though

- I think that Clements has been great this year, only making a handful of mistakes all year, and I think that Mays/Goldson both would make fine SS.

The positions I think we need are pass rushing OLB, coverage FS, #2 CB, WR, and QB in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
            /keeps repeating to himself that the Giants are World Series Champions
            Good strategy.

Matt Millen can suck it. He was so annoying to listen to last night. His ignorance showed why he was one of the worst GMs of all time.

I agree with edgrenade that I would take any position in the first round besides TE, OT, or ILB, assuming that we're DQing a K, P, and FB. I'd be sketchy about a RG or HB, but if the right player is there at BPA, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

At least the loss last night kept the Niners from falling in the Draft order. :)

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              Lets just get Cam Newton and watch sex on turf happen
              **** Newton. He's got, to say the least, overwhelming character concerns. As I posted earlier on the cfb pg. he's going to get a real surprise when team after team passes on him on draft day & some won't even bother with Combine interviews. While I almost never agree with anyone named tebowfan he nailed that one -- he's plainly overrated. Even if he's as good as Vick (& he is nowhere near as good in the same genre of throw on the run QB).

Also agree that Morgan is the best wr on the team now & they're weak there b/c of a number of factors, like the too slow development of Crabtree dating back to his rookie holdout, but primarily b/c the inept offensive minds running the show haven't a clue on how to best use him & turn him into the potent weapon he could & should be by now. Crabtree is wasted right now in that offense & it shows bigtime on gameday & in his stat sheet.

alt picks:
              Marcell Dareus - dt
              Julio Jones - wr ( imagine crabs & him lines up together w/ a legit qb throwing to them)?
              This Alabama fan applauds your picks there, clearly per my opinion registered above the 9ers need WR help & there will be almost no FA WRs available in this big questionable yr upcoming with a possible lockout & CBA up in the air, except the leftovers & has-beens, e.g, like TO. Better to draft one along with the pure center like Wiesniewski -- I know he's playing guard too at Penn St. but PFW says as I predicted that Heitmann is done & gone while the Chilo suckage indicates that Baas will be needed as an OG/C swingman & they stupidly released Cody Wallace, face it: a center is reqd. & A no. of teams will be going after the versatile Wisnewski.

Julio has the seeds of greatness you want in a big target, very physical NFL WR, but he needs refining, better route-running, getting separation from DBs at the next level etc. We saw how Crabtree was restrained instead of progressing with too many different Ocs & QBs & the fact that Alex Smith checked down or had to evade rushers instead of letting downfield patterns develop, so it's either Troy Smith or a completely new QB for Crabtree, Morgan & julio or whoever they bring in as a 3rd WR. Julio won't come cheaply though, Z& will go NLT the 3rd WR taken in the 1st rd.

Dareus is an animal with awesome upper body strength who can & did bullrush the best OTs in college FB. He was also MVP in the NC game a yr ago, interesting to see if he can continue to be effective in the NFL. He's also a 1st rounder, maybe top 10 pick.

As for the fiasco last night vs. the Bolts, the team was never in it (SD up 7-0 after 2 mins) & it sees like they went flat early & gave up, forget a winning season or any playoff hopes as that idiot Billick predicted Sunday after their upset of Seattle -- better hope that he sn't Singletary's replacement too. I read the articles in the morning ppr & they all emphasized that this poorly coached team can only win vs NFCW cupcakes & that's sad but true. Singletary has given up, it's plain from his game mgmt. & press conferences, so why blame the players for surrendering? it's the brutal truth: they got blown out by one of the hottest teams in the league.

The Justin Smith ejection was crap though, he brushed a zebra & got booted. Bad karma for a bad team, it figures. He was probably grateful to get out of the rain & the disaster that the team with so much preseason promise has become in games.

The upshot is a new coach & staff housecleaning, replace them with someone who can effectively develop the young OL & Mays at safety, & from the draft, in this order, an impact rookie center, an OLB as Spikes could be gone, or failing that a DE who can complement Smith on the opposite side, & either:

Andrew Luck (hottest name in the draft), or
              Locker (2nd hottest), or
              Colin Kaepernick as the franchise QBOTF. Yes Kaepernick, who I think will be a hot commodity coming out of the all Star games & Combine & if he "falls" unto the late 2nd or early 3rd rds. will be a steal for some lucky team.

Troy Smith has proven himself an effective backup & has chemistry wth Ginn dating back for yrs, now if they can teach Ginn to play WR & actually catch it & not effing drop it...... Troy is mobile & doesnt drop the ball on the turf when he gets touched unlike the other Smith, who's stick a fork in him time, he's done in this orgn.
              Last edited by LizardState; 12-17-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• QB could be no better or worse when Alex is gone.

1 team had guy making no horrible play calls.
                1 team had guys find open space.
                1 team had guys make tough catches.
                1 team had guys pass protecting.

That team also had a better QB.
                Last edited by ViperVisor; 12-17-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                  Lets just get Cam Newton and watch sex on turf happen
                  i agree. maybe its time we stop dreaming of a perfect WCO we had in the 80's and on. i mean Walsh, Montana, Rice and Craig arent here anymore. I like Newton for his versatility and character concerns? what money hunger? like a bunch of nfl players. He is a good leader. and avoids the pocket well. he has to learn to not run but stay in the pocket after he avoids sacks or hell if he runs he has a 4.5 and big. i think an offense thats not the west coast is best. escpially under singletary. VD, Crabs, Morgan are good recievers get them in space with a different offense. hopefully gore can stay. i believe we should spread the field passing to open the run game. period. Thats jmo right now angrily at 5-9, waiting for hopefully the most important offseason in a long time.
                  San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                  Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                    a disgrace? sure buddy.
                    It's time to stop defending Smith. He's a bust. Deal with it. Sure his circumstances haven't been ideal, but that doesn't excuse throwing the ball late, never pump faking, inaccuracy, holding on the ball too long, throwing it short on a third and ten, or rolling out right and throwing it out of bounds.
                    Last edited by Ness; 12-17-2010, 01:00 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      You overrate how bad he is been. He has been bad, no doubt, but not a disgrace. The real disgrace has been the FO and coaching staff. Last night Alex was one of the players that actually showed up on offense
                      Yeah that throw into triple coverage really made him show up. Or the x amount of sacks. Or his inaccurate throws. But go ahead and blame everyone but Alex Smith. I seriously can't believe you're still crowning this guy. Oh well. Live in ignorance. He'll be gone shortly anyways.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• So after last horrible play last night guys.Where do you feel our BIGGEST need it . I mean do really need a QB? I swear the Defense plaid like the worst game ever last night. SO many holes we need filled in the secondary and front 7 . Do we go QB first round , or take Defense the next two rounds and take a WR like Titus Young in the 3/4th? Cause he will be a big beast at WR . Crabtree has just be a disappointment this year.

Comment

• Comment

• OK so where to start? just watched the game on replay & i am continually dumbfounded by the play of our secondary. I don't know if its Manusky & his schemes or our players just stink but I've never seen a team give more cushion to opposition receivers than we do. Our DB's flat out suck & it must be 1 of the top 2 priorities in the off season - new coaching staff should be no.1. Clements is doing a poor impersonation of a capable CB at the moment & there is no way he's back next year imo.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• Were no longer defending Smith for the sake of feeling positive about him as the QB. He needed to overcome to be around longer as he hasn't.

We are defending the QB play cause what happens before the ball is released and after is just as bad or worse.
                              Not to mention the defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                Yeah that throw into triple coverage really made him show up. Or the x amount of sacks. Or his inaccurate throws. But go ahead and blame everyone but Alex Smith. I seriously can't believe you're still crowning this guy. Oh well. Live in ignorance. He'll be gone shortly anyways.
                                Who is crowning him or even saying he is good? He, pretty clearly, is not going to be anything other than mediocre with us and will be gone after this year. That isn't the point, though.

That interception was when we were already down 31-0 with 10 minutes left and on 4th and 11, it did not matter. Outside of that he was pretty accurate all night. There were a few dropped passes, as usual, and a few throwaways, as usual. Not to mention that Anthony Davis was getting beat every other play and the receivers were almost never open. I don't believe that you can sit there and act like he played worse than the majority of the team last night or that he has been the main reason we have sucked for the past 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information