This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    Yeah that throw into triple coverage really made him show up. Or the x amount of sacks. Or his inaccurate throws. But go ahead and blame everyone but Alex Smith. I seriously can't believe you're still crowning this guy. Oh well. Live in ignorance. He'll be gone shortly anyways.
    nicely put

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      Who is crowning him or even saying he is good? He, pretty clearly, is not going to be anything other than mediocre with us and will be gone after this year. That isn't the point, though.

That interception was when we were already down 31-0 with 10 minutes left and on 4th and 11, it did not matter. Outside of that he was pretty accurate all night. There were a few dropped passes, as usual, and a few throwaways, as usual. Not to mention that Anthony Davis was getting beat every other play and the receivers were almost never open. I don't believe that you can sit there and act like he played worse than the majority of the team last night or that he has been the main reason we have sucked for the past 5 years.
      16/29 165 yards 0td 1 pic is accurate?
      i am not trying to step on your toes here but he was horrible along with the rest of the team. if players are done with the game...they lost inspiration to play. smith, has never & will never amount to the qb everyone on this forum believes.
      at best he comes off better than tim couch, akilli smith, & other horrible qbs. there is a rookie qb in st. louis whos tearing it up w/ less talent & no pro bowl caliber te or rbs making smith look even worse. i cant be sold on the concept that st louis has a better set of wrs or a better set of rbs than sf when healthy. smith has had pieces around him & still stunk. we as fans need to accept this. its time for a mass overhaul.
      Last edited by chapo123; 12-17-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
        arguing for arguments sake?

The VAST and OVERWHELMING majority of the incomplete passes were throw aways. In fact, he had more drops than off-target passes.

Comment

19/29, which is what he went, is 65.5%. That would be amongst the best in the league by itself. Then there were a couple passes he threw out of bounds on purpose and a few drops. He was pretty accurate last night.
          Last edited by abaddon41_80; 12-17-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
            Who is crowning him or even saying he is good? He, pretty clearly, is not going to be anything other than mediocre with us and will be gone after this year. That isn't the point, though.

That interception was when we were already down 31-0 with 10 minutes left and on 4th and 11, it did not matter. Outside of that he was pretty accurate all night. There were a few dropped passes, as usual, and a few throwaways, as usual. Not to mention that Anthony Davis was getting beat every other play and the receivers were almost never open. I don't believe that you can sit there and act like he played worse than the majority of the team last night or that he has been the main reason we have sucked for the past 5 years.
            Alex Smith was not accurate when it mattered. I remember the first drive of the game he overthrew a pass to Delanie Walker on a 3rd and 2. Or close to halftime when it was a 3rd & 10 and the bonehead throws it in the flat hoping Westbrook will make two defenders miss and run for ten yards LOL. The team was 2/12 on third downs. Smith takes a good amount responsibility for that.

Forget about being mediocre for us, he might just be plain mediocre. You should start realizing the possibility that Alex Smith may just not be a good quarterback even if he's coached by the best staff in the league and put in the past situation ever possible (which is ridiculous to always assume that is going to happen all the time in the first place anyways). The coaches and team can only have so much blame. And yes Smith has been one of the main reasons the 49ers have been garbage the last five years along with coaching and ownership. We shouldn't have had Smith on this team in the first place. That was the issue.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

there is a rookie qb in st. louis whos tearing it up
              19/29 165yds 0 TD 1 INT against the Chargers = Bad

while

18/29 187yds 0 TD 1 INT against the Cardinals = "Tearing it up"

Makes sense.

Comment

Alex Smith was not accurate when it mattered. I remember the first drive of the game he overthrew a pass to Delanie Walker on a 3rd and 2. Or close to halftime when it was a 3rd & 10 and the bonehead throws it in the flat hoping Westbrook will make two defenders miss and run for ten yards LOL. The team was 2/12 on third downs. Smith takes a good amount responsibility for that.
                Picking a couple plays is no way to judge a player in a game. Smith did put 1 pass on a dime to Walker when the game was still a game. The usual mixed bag with this team.

3rd and 2
                Walker might of gotten the 1st with a good throw and catch. The play failed to give him running room. A SD LB had a B-line to Walker.

3rd and 10
                shouldn't of even been a pass. We had almost no chance to score before half and SD would of been able to get a FG try with an incompletion.

QB is the no duh key to 3rd downs and every play but he needs decent play from the 5 up front and at least 1 more when you count the target of the pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  19/29 165yds 0 TD 1 INT against the Chargers = Bad

while

18/29 187yds 0 TD 1 INT against the Cardinals = "Tearing it up"

Makes sense.

so your argument is what exactly? a rookie with no weapons besides a beat up steven jackson & no named wideouts in comparison to some " i've been here in sf for 5 years and every fan boy has made every excuse to keep me in town - all i need is spread offense, a coordinator to stick around for me every season for me to be decent like my 7-9 under norv turner 3 years ago " ?!
                  why can't u admit the guy blows? st.louis by no means is my team. what upsets me the most is guys like you come up w/ the biggest chicken**** reasons to stick up for smith. " he has been hurt, injurys, different coordinators, this & that...dude i'm over it its time for a change.

go to espn before you post something like that again and do you math. smith has thrown less touchdowns w/ talent like crabtree, gore, dixon, davis, morgan around...it's not raye or mike johnson's playcalling that makes the bad throws on 3-2.
                  bradford w/absolutley less talent has thrown for more yards & touchdowns than smith. he looks like the real deal & you can not sit there & tell me he has a plethra of talent around him or more than smith.

Comment

so your argument is what exactly? a rookie with no weapons besides a beat up steven jackson & no named wideouts in comparison to some " i've been here in sf for 5 years and every fan boy has made every excuse to keep me in town - all i need is spread offense, a coordinator to stick around for me every season for me to be decent like my 7-9 under norv turner 3 years ago " ?!
                    why can't u admit the guy blows? st.louis by no means is my team. what upsets me the most is guys like you come up w/ the biggest chicken**** reasons to stick up for smith. " he has been hurt, injurys, different coordinators, this & that...dude i'm over it its time for a change.

go to espn before you post something like that again and do you math. smith has thrown less touchdowns w/ talent like crabtree, gore, dixon, davis, morgan around...it's not raye or mike johnson's playcalling that makes the bad throws on 3-2.
                    bradford w/absolutley less talent has thrown for more yards & touchdowns than smith. he looks like the real deal & you can not sit there & tell me he has a plethra of talent around him or more than smith.
                    Feel free to use reading comprehension before getting into an argument.

I merely pointed out the hypocrisy in your original post.

You wholeheartedly disagreed with an earlier post regarding Smith's accuracy in the game last night. You poorly substantiated your argument by making the assertion that Bradford was "tearing it up." I simply compared your two points by showing Bradford's most recent stat line and showed how they made little sense.

Also, of course Bradford has more yardage and TDs, he's played in 3 more games. With the widely regarded offensive play-calling of Pat Shurmer, your QB who is "tear it up" has put up these numbers PER GAME compared to Smith with his terrible play and even worse playcalling...

Bradford 24-40 60% 240 1.4 TD 1 INT
                    Smith ... 20-33 61% 219 1.3 TD 1.1 INT

On the surface you could argue that Smith was actually having the better statistical season than Bradford. So to proclaim one as being bad and the other to literally be "tearing it up" is simply absurd and ill-informed.

But to be clear as to prevent any further misunderstanding in communication between us....

1. Smith isn't the answer here.
                    2. I'm not supporting him into next season if given the choice.
                    3. Don't blind-hate by making assertions that simply aren't based in any type of factual basis.

PS

Steven Jackson is actually having a season VERY similar to Gore yet you call him "beat up" while christening Gore a "weapon." (just an example of how your hate for Alex Smith clouds your rational judgment of him and those around him.)

I'll take the "weapon" of Pat Shurmur over the "weapon" of Mike Johnson or Jimmy Raye any day of the season.
                    Last edited by phlysac; 12-17-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• lol@ Bradford "tearing it up."

Comment

• Found this
                        O-Line 'Em Up: Who's Responsible for the Sacks, Week 12

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/04/o...sacks-week-12/

It's worse than I thought. And we were pretty sure it was bad.

Comment

• Since the rest of the season is pretty much irrelevant...here's my HC wishlist (in no order)

-Jim Harbaugh
                          -Jon Gruden
                          -Pat Shurmur
                          -Hue Jackson
                          -Marty Morningwheg
                          -Charlie Weiss
                          -Perry Fewell
                          -Ron Rivera
                          Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 12-17-2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
                            Picking a couple plays is no way to judge a player in a game. Smith did put 1 pass on a dime to Walker when the game was still a game. The usual mixed bag with this team.

3rd and 2
                            Walker might of gotten the 1st with a good throw and catch. The play failed to give him running room. A SD LB had a B-line to Walker.

3rd and 10
                            shouldn't of even been a pass. We had almost no chance to score before half and SD would of been able to get a FG try with an incompletion.

QB is the no duh key to 3rd downs and every play but he needs decent play from the 5 up front and at least 1 more when you count the target of the pass.
                            More excuses. Now you're starting to sound scared like Mike Singletary. The 49ers needed points. I would at least have confidence in my offense. But instead we're regulated to Martyball.

Comment

The only thing worse than Alex Smith's performances are the people that keep making excuses for his terrible play, or hold on to the optimism that he'll shine somewhere else. They refuse to look at the likely possibility that he's just not a good quarterback and won't be no matter where he goes. Sad.

Comment

Yeah that throw into triple coverage really made him show up. Or the x amount of sacks. Or his inaccurate throws. But go ahead and blame everyone but Alex Smith. I seriously can't believe you're still crowning this guy. Oh well. Live in ignorance. He'll be gone shortly anyways.
                                Dude, you're like the only dude harping on about Alex when referring to this game. Almost everyone else on here has accepted the fact that the entire staff blew it, like they've done numerous times this season. I haven't even heard one analyst criticize Smith, yet every post you've made since the game has focused on him.

I'm tired of focusing on Alex when there is so much more that is wrong with this team right now, and Alex won't even be here next year. Focusing on Alex is like alleviating a runny nose when you have the flu. No one here has ever crowned him or thought he was anything significantly better than average; at this point I want to see Troy start just so that we don't have to talk about this guy anymore, jesus.
                                Last edited by binary; 12-18-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information