This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    LMAO! I know you don't like Alex Smith but come on.
    Why do you act like Troy Smtih is so terrible? I mean, he's not great, but let's not act like Alex is any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
      Why do you act like Troy Smtih is so terrible? I mean, he's not great, but let's not act like Alex is any better.
      Because Troy Smith is that terrible. He played just as bad as Alex has since last year against the Broncos but got very lucky on a few plays, he played well against the Rams, and then played much worse than Alex has in the last two years in his last 3 games. Alex Smith has proven that, while he may suck, he is a lot better than Troy Smith.

Comment

• What is everyone's thoughts on possibly making the playoffs?

I am really not sure, we can make the the playoffs at 7-9, and get destroyed by a real NFL team, or possibly winning a playoff game and saving Sing's job for another year and not pick until #21 in the draft. Or we can lose one of the next two games, clean the house, and get a top 10 pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
          Troy Smith has not played that great, but I still think he's played better than Alex Smith. Let's not forget that he hasn't been here for training camp and it's is first season with the team. I would't mind having Troy as a backup actually.
          Get the **** out of here!!! He got WORSE as he played more games instead of better and the three wins he had were against two teams (DEN and ARZ) that are amazingly WORSE than we are and he got lucky with the Rams because they should have won that game. He won his first two games and was 27/49 for 552 yds and 2 TD's. Was sacked 5 times in the Rams game and had two fumbles in each of the wins but didnt lose either. Now, look at his last three - 37/79 for 471 yds, 2 TDs, 3 ints, 11 sacks and a fumble. He REGRESSED worse in that three game span than Alex has in his entire career and his completion percentage decreased by over 20 points between his first start and his last. Guy ******* sucks period and makes Alex look like Montana.

And I love how you use Troy not being here for training camp or pre-season (which would be impossible since he was a final cut from the Ravens) as an excuse but yet you dont blame Singletary, Johnson, Raye or anyone else for when Alex plays bad. Maybe if Alex had good coaching, he might actually be coached good enough to play.......hmmmmmmmm....GOOD.

Bottom line is that Troy sucks and is gone after the season with Carr to follow. Alex is 50/50 depending on who the next head coach will be. As for Nate Davis, Singletary is a ******* moron and should have just stayed with Nate instead of signing Troy so we could have seen how he would have played when Alex got injured but instead, Singletary decided to be an ass and sign Troy for no apparent reason whatsoever.

In a season of smart ass moves by Singletary, thats one more to add to the list and before you (or anyone for that matter) says that Davis doesnt have the brains or knowledge to run the offense, please explain the signing of Troy and second, considering the fact that Singletary is the one who wants to play power ball and has handcuffs on Johnson and Alex, should anyone here really be surprised about any QB here playing like crap???

Personally, I think Singletary got pissed off at Nate during the pre-season because he was probably doing what he wanted to do as the QB instead of listening to Singletary. We need to get Singletary the hell out of here faster than Nolan and Erickson.

Stop blaming Alex for everything when at worst its 50/50. Nolan screwed him over since day one and Singletary isnt doing any better so instead of blaming him for doing what the crappy coaches have instilled in him, maye you should blame Singletary and company just as much if not more so.

And in case you missed it - Troy Smith ******* SUCKS!!!

Comment

What is everyone's thoughts on possibly making the playoffs?

I am really not sure, we can make the the playoffs at 7-9, and get destroyed by a real NFL team, or possibly winning a playoff game and saving Sing's job for another year and not pick until #21 in the draft. Or we can lose one of the next two games, clean the house, and get a top 10 pick.
            As a fan, I'm pulling for them to go as far as they can as when it comes to the playoffs, there's always a chance with sudden death. Look at how unlikely the Giants run was to a World Series championship. They were a much better team than the Niners are overall, yes, but the point is that anything can happen. Do I think there's any good chance of them making a playoff run? No, but "that's why they play the games."

We can't control it, so we might as well enjoy the outcome that plays out; either getting to the playoffs with worse than a .500 record and likely getting smashed at home in the first round or missing the playoffs and having a top 10 pick in the Draft that hopefully a new coaching and management regime will use wisely.

Until they're out of it, I'll be hoping for the best for the Niners. However, I've been more than ready to call it a season and look forward to an offseason that provides good changes and improvement throughout the organization.

If the Niners do lose the NFC West, I'd like to see the Rams get in, as that will hurt their draft position a little, slightly hindering them with putting more pieces in place around Bradford and Jackson to keep improving. With them being the only team in the division with a franchise QB, I'd like to see them pick later.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

What is everyone's thoughts on possibly making the playoffs?

My thought is that once we lost the Chargers game, its over and done with. I'm hoping we finish 5-11 and can hopefully jump ahead of a few teams and get a top five draft pick.

I rather lose both games, see Singletary fired, finish 3rd or even 4th in the division, get a top five 5 draft pick (number 8 now), see Sing get the **** out of here and have hopefully easier opponents and schedule next year.

With the right coaching staff in place, a high draft pick and a few UFA's, we could do in 2011 what we did in 2001. Ten years later, it would be fitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                As a fan, I'm pulling for them to go as far as they can as when it comes to the playoffs, there's always a chance with sudden death. Look at how unlikely the Giants run was to a World Series championship. They were a much better team than the Niners are overall, yes, but the point is that anything can happen. Do I think there's any good chance of them making a playoff run? No, but "that's why they play the games."

We can't control it, so we might as well enjoy the outcome that plays out; either getting to the playoffs with worse than a .500 record and likely getting smashed at home in the first round or missing the playoffs and having a top 10 pick in the Draft that hopefully a new coaching and management regime will use wisely.

Until they're out of it, I'll be hoping for the best for the Niners. However, I've been more than ready to call it a season and look forward to an offseason that provides good changes and improvement throughout the organization.

If the Niners do lose the NFC West, I'd like to see the Rams get in, as that will hurt their draft position a little, slightly hindering them with putting more pieces in place around Bradford and Jackson to keep improving. With them being the only team in the division with a franchise QB, I'd like to see them pick later.
                I was rooting for them to finish 8-8 and win the division afer they crushed the Seahawks but geting crushed by the Chargers just proved one thing - thats what would happen in the playoffs and I dont want to see that especially with a losing record, worst draft pick, tougher schedule for 2011 and a possible return of Singletary.

Now, im hoping for a 5-11 finish and by some miracle, a top five draft pick. New head coach, new staff, etc. and have a better overall team (coach and player wise) in 2011 than what we have now.

And I agree with you 100% in regards to the Rams winning the division and why.

Comment

Alex is better. It's not by much, but he is.

This Offense is so QB-unfriendly though, it doesn't really matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Get the **** out of here!!! He got WORSE as he played more games instead of better and the three wins he had were against two teams (DEN and ARZ) that are amazingly WORSE than we are and he got lucky with the Rams because they should have won that game. He won his first two games and was 27/49 for 552 yds and 2 TD's. Was sacked 5 times in the Rams game and had two fumbles in each of the wins but didnt lose either. Now, look at his last three - 37/79 for 471 yds, 2 TDs, 3 ints, 11 sacks and a fumble. He REGRESSED worse in that three game span than Alex has in his entire career and his completion percentage decreased by over 20 points between his first start and his last. Guy ******* sucks period and makes Alex look like Montana.

And I love how you use Troy not being here for training camp or pre-season (which would be impossible since he was a final cut from the Ravens) as an excuse but yet you dont blame Singletary, Johnson, Raye or anyone else for when Alex plays bad. Maybe if Alex had good coaching, he might actually be coached good enough to play.......hmmmmmmmm....GOOD.

Bottom line is that Troy sucks and is gone after the season with Carr to follow. Alex is 50/50 depending on who the next head coach will be. As for Nate Davis, Singletary is a ******* moron and should have just stayed with Nate instead of signing Troy so we could have seen how he would have played when Alex got injured but instead, Singletary decided to be an ass and sign Troy for no apparent reason whatsoever.

In a season of smart ass moves by Singletary, thats one more to add to the list and before you (or anyone for that matter) says that Davis doesnt have the brains or knowledge to run the offense, please explain the signing of Troy and second, considering the fact that Singletary is the one who wants to play power ball and has handcuffs on Johnson and Alex, should anyone here really be surprised about any QB here playing like crap???

Personally, I think Singletary got pissed off at Nate during the pre-season because he was probably doing what he wanted to do as the QB instead of listening to Singletary. We need to get Singletary the hell out of here faster than Nolan and Erickson.

Stop blaming Alex for everything when at worst its 50/50. Nolan screwed him over since day one and Singletary isnt doing any better so instead of blaming him for doing what the crappy coaches have instilled in him, maye you should blame Singletary and company just as much if not more so.

And in case you missed it - Troy Smith ******* SUCKS!!!
                    Alex is not coming back here. It's not 50/50. He'll be gone for sure. Your hopes will be dashed and you'll have to deal with the reality.

As for Troy, him not being here for training camp isn't an excuse. It's a fact. It's what happened. Yet he comes in and in his second start throws for over 300 yards, the most since Tim Rattay and guides the 49ers to a victory...something that took Alex Smith until 2009 or something to do. As for him "getting worse" you can't harp on a guy when he's only started five games, winning three of them. The only ones he lost were to Tampa Bay and Green Bay, teams with winning records.

Alex has done nothing to separate the gap between them. Not by a longshot. And I'm not not blaming the coaching staff for the countless blunders they've bestowed upon the team. I'm just saying that Troy has played better despite those setbacks. Alex hasn't gotten better either so you can't complain about Troy as if Alex hasn't gotten worse. Doesn't matter how many irrelevant statistics you want to throw out and try to make them mean something significant.

As for Nate Davis, I never liked how the situation was handled in the first place and was mad at when Troy was signed in favor of Nate. But when compared to Alex, Troy is the better option marginally in my opinion.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      LMAO! I know you don't like Alex Smith but come on.
                      You're right I don't like Alex. I don't like Troy either, but I think he's a little better. He might even start this week against the Rams according to Mike Singletary.

Comment

• Alex has definitely gotten better since Mike Johnson took over, bigtime. Troy was getting progressively worse, and the TC excuse might've mattered if it was week 5 or 6, but by now it's invalid. He was getting worse and worse, and yes he was worse than Alex.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                          Troy was getting progressively worse, and the TC excuse might've mattered if it was week 5 or 6, but by now it's invalid. He was getting worse and worse, and yes he was worse than Alex.
                          Agreed.
                          The problem with Troy is his height. Flood the pocket, and he can't see the receivers, and that's a problem when routes aren't precise/lack of chemistry. Troy also rolls right a lot, so DCs bring more heat on that side. In a shorter amount of time, there have been game plans to limit what Troy can do, which isn't all that good in a NFL QB.
                          Last edited by Verloren; 12-21-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Sooo...Leaving the QB debate.

Out of Brooks, Gibson, Lawson, LaBoy, Haralson, which OLBs do you think will return?

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                              Alex has definitely gotten better since Mike Johnson took over, bigtime. Troy was getting progressively worse, and the TC excuse might've mattered if it was week 5 or 6, but by now it's invalid. He was getting worse and worse, and yes he was worse than Alex.
                              How is it invalid when you haven't gotten that many reps with the offense and don't know the playbook? That doesn't make sense at all. Especially when you've only played in five games on a new team. Troy most likely wasn't getting any reps since he had been here (which is when the season started) due to David Carr being ahead of him. Don't be ignorant. Call it an excuse if you want, but they are the facts. Troy wasn't here for training camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                How is it invalid when you haven't gotten that many reps with the offense and don't know the playbook? That doesn't make sense at all. Especially when you've only played in five games on a new team. Troy most likely wasn't getting any reps since he had been here (which is when the season started) due to David Carr being ahead of him. Don't be ignorant. Call it an excuse if you want, but they are the facts. Troy wasn't here for training camp.
                                And it isn't a fact that Alex has had to learn a new offense every year that he has been in the league, except for one, and worked under 6 different OCs? Or that Nolan questioned his toughness and forced him to play with a separated shoulder? Or that Singletary has scapegoated him for the problems with the offense even though an idiot could tell that he isn't the biggest problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information