This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy Smith is a shinny sharp knife.

Problem is this offense is about pushing peas around the plate and maybe getting them to the mouth. More likely to cut yourself.

Alex is a plastic spork but that is the better option.

Then again I would rather lose out. Either way, Defense will probably bail me out and give up the final FG or TD.

Comment

• Alex Smith as a plastic spork, good one.

I posted this in the Who Needs A QB? thread & thought it bears repeating here.

If any team stands pat to make do with who they have it might be the 9ers despite the walking disaster that Alex Smith has become. The focus of their owners is all on the new stadium that still isn't a 100% done deal in the worst economy since the 1930s, & they're rumored to go after a pure center in Wisniewski from Penn St., who looks to be a hot early draft OL property, in the 1st b/c Heitmann is done & Baas is needed to replace Chilo Rachal at OG -- Rachal is a project who has failed by any standards, & his benefactor, Singletary, won't be around to protect his job anymore.

Can they get an impact rookie who can start at QB after the Big 4 (Mallett, Luck, Locker, Newton)? IDTS, they could be stuck with Alex. Talk about a marriage made in hell.....

Comment

• Well guys the site wide forum mock is over and me and Pshylac had a good time picking our next possible rookies . What do you all think ?

Round 1 - Robert Quinn LB from North Carolina
        Round 2 - Jimmy Smith CB from Colorado
        Round 3 - Quinton Carter S from Oklahoma
        Round 4 pick 1, Austin Pettis WR from Boise State
        Round 4 pick 2 , Ricky Stanzi QB from Iowa
        Round 5 Zach Hurd Offense Guard from UConn

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
          How is it invalid when you haven't gotten that many reps with the offense and don't know the playbook? That doesn't make sense at all. Especially when you've only played in five games on a new team. Troy most likely wasn't getting any reps since he had been here (which is when the season started) due to David Carr being ahead of him. Don't be ignorant. Call it an excuse if you want, but they are the facts. Troy wasn't here for training camp.
          And here's a fact - despite what you call facts, Singletary was still stupid enough to sign Troy and demote Nate Davis who unlike Troy has been here two seasons and knows enough to at least be given a fair chance. So, while you're basically trying to cover up Troy's horrible and regressing play by saying thats a result of what you call facts, shouldnt it be a fact that, thats Singletary's fault and incompetencefor signing Troy and starting him when Alex was injured when he had Nate Davis sitting around on the Practice Squad?

And Troy wasnt getting any reps because he was the third stringer and was signed by Singletary because he wanted to demote Nate Davis for pissing him off during pre-season whic obviously was another brilliant move by Singletary.

While im still 50/50 on Alex, im 100% on wanting Singletary gone but to each his/her own bud.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
            And it isn't a fact that Alex has had to learn a new offense every year that he has been in the league, except for one, and worked under 6 different OCs? Or that Nolan questioned his toughness and forced him to play with a separated shoulder? Or that Singletary has scapegoated him for the problems with the offense even though an idiot could tell that he isn't the biggest problem?
            Exactly. And I love the "idiot" dig. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
              And here's a fact - despite what you call facts, Singletary was still stupid enough to sign Troy and demote Nate Davis who unlike Troy has been here two seasons and knows enough to at least be given a fair chance. So, while you're basically trying to cover up Troy's horrible and regressing play by saying thats a result of what you call facts, shouldnt it be a fact that, thats Singletary's fault and incompetencefor signing Troy and starting him when Alex was injured when he had Nate Davis sitting around on the Practice Squad?

And Troy wasnt getting any reps because he was the third stringer and was signed by Singletary because he wanted to demote Nate Davis for pissing him off during pre-season whic obviously was another brilliant move by Singletary.

While im still 50/50 on Alex, im 100% on wanting Singletary gone but to each his/her own bud.
              If Nate Davis couldn't learn our brilliant playbook then he oviously had no right to be on the team.

Comment

• There isn't a QB on the team, except for maybe Troy, who I would want to see on the roster next season. I just hope Singletary follows them out the door.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                  If Nate Davis couldn't learn our brilliant playbook then he oviously had no right to be on the team.
                  True, he would want to learn and digest a playbook for the offense if he wanted a spot on an NFL roster, but perhaps he is actually ahead of the game if he doesn't know this playbook! LOL

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    There isn't a QB on the team, except for maybe Troy, who I would want to see on the roster next season. I just hope Singletary follows them out the door.
                    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

What brent said X 3000%. And like Dan said, dumping Nate Davis & failing to have an emergency guy even on the PS who could take over when needed is one of the many hundreds of mistakes that will bite Singletary in the ass on his way out the door that won't hit him there.

How's that for a mixed don't let the door hit you metaphor?

Among those mistakes was releasing Cody Wallace with very little chance Heitmann can return if that rumor is true, so a pure center who can long snap for the shotgun-spread favoring Alex Smith, or just a center who can start & pass block if Alex isn't around is a need.

Well guys the site wide forum mock is over and me and Pshylac had a good time picking our next possible rookies . What do you all think ?

Round 1 - Robert Quinn LB from North Carolina
                    Is he better suited to DE or OLB? If he's an OLB in the Demarcus Ware mode, yeah he would warrant a 1st rounder. The flip side/silver lining to keeping ALex Smith in that hellish marriage opens up other possibilities for what will be a fairly high 1st rd. pick & there are some great screaming needs here, as I said maybe that will be Wiesnewski who looks to go highly among 1st rd. OL picks is a need.

But they can't ignore a pass rusher on the side opposite Smith -- who will be that impact rookie? If they want a rookie who can start they have to spend that 1st rounder. Going that route means making do wth Alex Smith & missing on Wisniewski too
                    Last edited by LizardState; 12-22-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• NFL.com news: 49ers name Troy Smith starting QB

Comment

• Brent will be happy happy joy joy over that, I know I am.

He's too short but he's mobile & at least he doesnt morph into a human turnover machine in games like the other Smith.

Comment

• Wow, Mike Singletary is a joke. Musical chair QB's? ...

Comment

• Damnit. I wanted to at least have a chance to make the playoffs, even if we would have exited quickly enough anyway. Oh well. I guess at least we will be drafting higher next year

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                              Damnit. I wanted to at least have a chance to make the playoffs, even if we would have exited quickly enough anyway. Oh well. I guess at least we will be drafting higher next year
                              We had our shot VS SD and got creamed .We don't belong in the playoffs this year. We need to look ahead at the draft and start looking at the two possible QB to place . Andrew Luck or Jake Locker .

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                                Wow, Mike Singletary is a joke. Musical chair QB's? ...
                                I LOVE the fact that Sing said there is a chance he could play both of them even though he barely knows how to handle one QB.

Also all 3 of Troy Smith's wins have come against teams with a combined record of: 13-29. Yet I have to listen to Damon Bruce verbally (will leave blank to avoid ban) on the radio on much Troy Smith gives the 49ers a chance to win. /Just wanted to rant about how useless Damon Bruce is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information