X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I want for Xmas is a REAL HC ! One who knows offensive

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
      If Nate Davis couldn't learn our brilliant playbook then he oviously had no right to be on the team.
      Personally, I could care less about Davis knowing the playbook. After all, Alex knows it and look at how he's played. Troy knows it and he's played even worse than Alex. And Singletary, well, he wouldnt know what a playbook is if it hit him in the face. So, with that said, I still would have given Davis a chance instead of Troy but considering the fact that Singletary wants to control everything, he decided to demote Nate. Smart move Sing.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      There isn't a QB on the team, except for maybe Troy, who I would want to see on the roster next season. I just hope Singletary follows them out the door.
      Hell no. I have Troy listed third with Carr fourth. Alex second and Nate first. I want to see how Nate plays in the regular season with an actual head coach who knows what he's doing and an offensive coordinator who knows what he's doing as well as opposed to the pretenders that we have now.

As for Sing, I dont want him following them out the door. I want him leading them out the door.

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

What brent said X 3000%. And like Dan said, dumping Nate Davis & failing to have an emergency guy even on the PS who could take over when needed is one of the many hundreds of mistakes that will bite Singletary in the ass on his way out the door that won't hit him there.

How's that for a mixed don't let the door hit you metaphor?

Among those mistakes was releasing Cody Wallace with very little chance Heitmann can return if that rumor is true, so a pure center who can long snap for the shotgun-spread favoring Alex Smith, or just a center who can start & pass block if Alex isn't around is a need.

Is he better suited to DE or OLB? If he's an OLB in the Demarcus Ware mode, yeah he would warrant a 1st rounder. The flip side/silver lining to keeping ALex Smith in that hellish marriage opens up other possibilities for what will be a fairly high 1st rd. pick & there are some great screaming needs here, as I said maybe that will be Wiesnewski who looks to go highly among 1st rd. OL picks is a need.

But they can't ignore a pass rusher on the side opposite Smith -- who will be that impact rookie? If they want a rookie who can start they have to spend that 1st rounder. Going that route means making do wth Alex Smith & missing on Wisniewski too
      I just dont see the positive in demoting Nate and signing Troy. It didnt make any sense to me when it happened and it makes even less sense now. Troy basically took away the chance that should have been given to Nate. At least we could have seen how Davis would have played in regular season games instead of just wasting them on Troy.

Hahaha. I said we should have kept Wallace but everyone bashed me for it. Oh well, too late now.

Draft wise, I had an idea. If Locker appears to slip into the 20's, I would trade down a few spots but make sure I still get CB Patrick Peterson and then trade back into the first round to draft Locker. I get my starting CB and QB while gaining extra picks.

OL wise, I would re-sign Baas, trade Rachal and sign Mankins to play RG if he isnt franchised or re-signs with NE. Yeah, he'll be expensive but I think that he'll be able to help out Davis a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        Personally, I could care less about Davis knowing the playbook.
        I totally agree. Let's just throw in a guy who only knows a few plays, just hand it up the gut, and burn timeouts/delay of game on plays where he actually has to make adjustments. (sarcasm)

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          And it isn't a fact that Alex has had to learn a new offense every year that he has been in the league, except for one, and worked under 6 different OCs? Or that Nolan questioned his toughness and forced him to play with a separated shoulder? Or that Singletary has scapegoated him for the problems with the offense even though an idiot could tell that he isn't the biggest problem?
          What does this have to do with Troy not being around for training camp?

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
          And here's a fact - despite what you call facts, Singletary was still stupid enough to sign Troy and demote Nate Davis who unlike Troy has been here two seasons and knows enough to at least be given a fair chance. So, while you're basically trying to cover up Troy's horrible and regressing play by saying thats a result of what you call facts, shouldnt it be a fact that, thats Singletary's fault and incompetencefor signing Troy and starting him when Alex was injured when he had Nate Davis sitting around on the Practice Squad?

And Troy wasnt getting any reps because he was the third stringer and was signed by Singletary because he wanted to demote Nate Davis for pissing him off during pre-season whic obviously was another brilliant move by Singletary.

While im still 50/50 on Alex, im 100% on wanting Singletary gone but to each his/her own bud.
          You're acting as if I wanted Troy to sign in the first place. Again, what does that situation with Nate Davis have to do with Troy not being around for training camp and not knowing the playbook as well as Alex? Your bias is so one-sided you'd be on Alex's balls if he was in the same situation. Yeah and like Alex hasn't regressed. LOL. And Troy hasn't gotten any reps because he is the third stringer. Yes this is obvious. What is your point? And I never said I didn't want Singletary gone. Try actually addressing my points in your next response instead of telling me what I already know.

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Brent will be happy happy joy joy over that, I know I am.

He's too short but he's mobile & at least he doesnt morph into a human turnover machine in games like the other Smith.
          True. Now we actually have a chance to win the game.
          Last edited by Ness; 12-23-2010, 02:11 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
            What does this have to do with Troy not being around for training camp?
            Nothing. I just find it funny how that reasons for Alex performing poorly are just excuses but reasons for Troy are facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post

True. Now we actually have a chance to win the game.
              Ranking of pass defense in Troy's 3 wins:
              St. Louis Rams- 18th
              Arizona Cardinals- 23rd
              Denver Bronocos- 22nd

Ranking of total defense in Troy's 3 wins:
              St. Louis Rams- 17th
              Arizona Cardinals- 27th
              Denver Bronocos- 31st

Either QB that starts gives SF the same chance to win in the next 2 weeks because they are playing one mediocre team and one terrible team. Just like if both QBs had to face above average teams the 49ers would lose.
              We are arguing between a turd sandwich or a giant douche.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                and clearly the answer is the giant douche.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness
                  You're acting as if I wanted Troy to sign in the first place. Again, what does that situation with Nate Davis have to do with Troy not being around for training camp and not knowing the playbook as well as Alex? Your bias is so one-sided you'd be on Alex's balls if he was in the same situation. Yeah and like Alex hasn't regressed. LOL. And Troy hasn't gotten any reps because he is the third stringer. Yes this is obvious. What is your point? And I never said I didn't want Singletary gone. Try actually addressing my points in your next response instead of telling me what I already know.
                  Here's something you already know but I'll say it anyway - your bias is as one sided in favor of Troy as mine is with Alex and yeah, thats a fact because you're using every excuse in the book with Troy but valid excuses with Alex dont seem to be valid in your eyes which makes you so far up Troy's ass that you cant even see daylight.

Yeah, I would pick Alex over Troy but excluding you, who wouldnt? If Troy plays horrible on Sunday and we lose, I cant wait to read what your excuses will be. Oh wait, I know. He wasnt in training camp or didnt play in any pre-season games. Its funny considering those two things cant even be used as an excuse because he was a Raven and when you think about it, technically, he didnt miss training camp or pre-season. He was just on a different team.

As for Alex, he plays bad because Singletary is a moron and likes to have him drop back despite knowing that he plays better out of the shotgun. Does that make any sense to you? It doesnt make any sense to me.

But whatever, I know Troy will be gone 100% after the season especially if he sucks up a storm on Sunday. At least Alex is still 50/50 because just like with Nolan, he never had a fair chance. There was always some kind of crap going around like Singletary wanting Raye/Johnson to run the plays he wanted instead of letting the OC do his job and having Smith make the necessary adjustments.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                    Ranking of pass defense in Troy's 3 wins:
                    St. Louis Rams- 18th
                    Arizona Cardinals- 23rd
                    Denver Bronocos- 22nd

Ranking of total defense in Troy's 3 wins:
                    St. Louis Rams- 17th
                    Arizona Cardinals- 27th
                    Denver Bronocos- 31st

Either QB that starts gives SF the same chance to win in the next 2 weeks because they are playing one mediocre team and one terrible team. Just like if both QBs had to face above average teams the 49ers would lose.
                    And how many chances has Alex had to play and what is his record? We'll just say this year and not the last five. Or three if you want to be picky.

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    Nothing. I just find it funny how that reasons for Alex performing poorly are just excuses but reasons for Troy are facts.
                    Alex Smith is a bust. This is a fact. Alex has accuracy issues. This is a fact. I know that he's had to deal with inadequate coaching and ownership. I never said these weren't facts. But when people come up with reasons for Alex's inability to throw a slant, never pump fake, or have bad instincts...those are EXCUSES. The only thing I've said was a fact for Troy was that he wasn't in training camp. I never said he was a great player. Nor did I imply that he was. But compared to the alternative, he has the benefit of the doubt. I've seen what Alex has had to offer for more than a few years, and it's garbage.
                    Last edited by Ness; 12-24-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      Here's something you already know but I'll say it anyway - your bias is as one sided in favor of Troy as mine is with Alex and yeah, thats a fact because you're using every excuse in the book with Troy but valid excuses with Alex dont seem to be valid in your eyes which makes you so far up Troy's ass that you cant even see daylight.

Yeah, I would pick Alex over Troy but excluding you, who wouldnt? If Troy plays horrible on Sunday and we lose, I cant wait to read what your excuses will be. Oh wait, I know. He wasnt in training camp or didnt play in any pre-season games. Its funny considering those two things cant even be used as an excuse because he was a Raven and when you think about it, technically, he didnt miss training camp or pre-season. He was just on a different team.

As for Alex, he plays bad because Singletary is a moron and likes to have him drop back despite knowing that he plays better out of the shotgun. Does that make any sense to you? It doesnt make any sense to me.

But whatever, I know Troy will be gone 100% after the season especially if he sucks up a storm on Sunday. At least Alex is still 50/50 because just like with Nolan, he never had a fair chance. There was always some kind of crap going around like Singletary wanting Raye/Johnson to run the plays he wanted instead of letting the OC do his job and having Smith make the necessary adjustments.
                      LOL so you admit you have a bias for Alex Smith. That is truly sad. Again, I never said Troy was a great player. But compared to Alex Smith, he's the better option. I'm not crowning him or even sticking up for him. I just prefer him to start over Alex because I think he's better. But you're so blind you believe that this translates to some kind of bias for Troy Smith. Sounds like you're just upset that your boy Alex that you have an admitted bias for is going down in flames. No one is up in arms about Alex Smith being benched for anyone at this point. Why would they be? He's terrible. Troy is too, but he's a better option.

I won't provide excuses for Troy if he plays bad. Because I don't use excuses like you do for Alex. I just state facts. Which is that he wasn't here for training camp. And I can't believe you just said it didn't matter that he wasn't here for training camp. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard you say honestly. You can't just flip flop teams and assume that a quarterback is going to know 100% of the playbook and be in sync with all of the players and receivers. That's ******** logic. This isn't Madden. And Alex staying here is not 50/50 LOL. His ass is gone. But keep telling yourself that. I'll be sure to rub it in your face the day he is released. Rest assured. And before you rebuttle, no I don't care if Troy Smith is released.

Comment

• I've watched the 9ers play about 7 times this year (2 Troy, 5 Smith) and Alex is a MUCH better QB than Troy is. Troy is god-awful and shouldn't even be on a roster.

Comment

• Troy has a much better chance of sticking around over Alex next year.

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                          I've watched the 9ers play about 7 times this year (2 Troy, 5 Smith) and Alex is a MUCH better QB than Troy is. Troy is god-awful and shouldn't even be on a roster.
                          Which games have you seen of each?

Comment

• Why the **** are we arguing about this still? This is the NFL. You're either a good QB or you suck. There is no sense in debating degrees of bad. They both blow. I don't give a **** whomever starts. They both project to perform sh!tty. Do we really need to argue about which will perform less sh!tty?
                            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                              Troy has a much better chance of sticking around over Alex next year.
                              True. Especially if he wins his next two games. Alex Smith is gone already. People believing it's 50/50 that he'll be back after six years of not doing anything are delusional.
                              Last edited by Ness; 12-24-2010, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Can we please just end this debate here and now? We all know that neither QB is the future of the franchise; that person is not on the team at the moment.

Everyone has their opinions, and they are not going to change. It is annoying having all these threads flooded with all the bickering back and forth.

Let's just all come to a truce and look into the future of the franchise, whomever it may be.

BTW... I'm not some huge Cam Newton fan, I just change to whoever is the flavor of the week.
                                Last edited by edgrenade; 12-24-2010, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information