Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan's been playing too much Madden again.

Comment

• ARGH!!! For the last damn time, I dont play CRAPADDEN!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
        The Yorks already announced they're doing a national search for a GM as the team has been GMless for a yr. Casserly maybe? I wouldn't mind.
        Casserly? No way. I'll take Floyd Reese if he wants to leave New England at that adviser position he has. Casserly hasn't really done anything since leaving Washington...and he is noted for taking Shuler and Carr, two epic busts at quarterback. I'd rather not.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Now that Singletary is gone, do you guys think you'll trade Vernon Davis? If so, what do you guys believe is fair compensation? I know he recently signed a monster deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
            Now that Singletary is gone, do you guys think you'll trade Vernon Davis? If so, what do you guys believe is fair compensation? I know he recently signed a monster deal.
            Davis is our franchise TE and isnt going anywhere. What makes you think that he's even on the trading block?

Comment

• I wouldn't want to trade Vernon Davis if I were you guys. If you are drafting a fresh QB, you have to know his best safety blanked will be his TE.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                And like I asked before, has any college head coach who has no NFL experience whatsoever gone from college to the NFL as a head coach and be successful? Correct me if im wrong but I dont think that there ever was.
                Jimmy Johnson?

Barry Switzer?

Nick Saban didnt have a terrible showing in the NFL.

it is possible.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                  Now that Singletary is gone, do you guys think you'll trade Vernon Davis? If so, what do you guys believe is fair compensation? I know he recently signed a monster deal.
                  No. Why in the world would we trade Vernon Davis? Might as well ask if the Texans are going to trade Andre Johnson with Kubiak on his way out most likely. Singletary getting fired will not put Vernon's job in jeopardy here. Especially when he just signed a monster deal and is still putting up respectable numbers. This isn't Madden.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers president and CEO Jed York has interviewed Tony Softli, the first known candidate to fill the team's vacant general manager position, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press.
                    Don't know much else, i'll dig around a little later, but i'm sure someone will have beaten me to it by then.
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/st...10021659754496

The 49ers are still early in the GM hiring process but I'd be surprised if Trent Baalke doesn't end up getting that position.
                      wtf? whats the point of giving it to baalke. we need outside change. baalke was brought here by nolan and been here since 05. the drafting job will have literally gone from nolan to mcloughan to baalke. wheres the change? we've been losing for years and our drafts have been average at best, time to move on...
                      Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 12-28-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Baalke needs to stay as VP of player personnel. This draft, and the pickups that he has made, were really good.

He should just be focused on talent, and not all the other crap

Comment

• I was just about post something I saw on ESPN . com tonight but you guys beat me to . I also saw the 49ers are looking at McNabb , WHY ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                            I was just about post something I saw on ESPN . com tonight but you guys beat me to . I also saw the 49ers are looking at McNabb , WHY ??
                            I haven't heard ANYTHING about Mcnabb, that's just not gonna happen, no way. Jed has even stated publicly that the 9ers are looking to the draft for a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                              Jimmy Johnson?

Barry Switzer?

Nick Saban didnt have a terrible showing in the NFL.

it is possible.
                              I'll give you Jimmy Johnson. He made the Cowboys in the 90's. Switzer won because of Johnson just like Gruden won in Tampa because of Dungy. And both had to rebuild shortly thereafter.

Saban sucked and chose Culpepper over Brees. Enough said.

And yeah, it is possible but when you look at the percentages of it being a success, are you and other 49er fans willing to take that chance? After the last eight years, im not.

Comment

• Reading from PFT -

It seems like the Softli interview was just to comply with the Rooney rule and nothing more. It also seems like Baalke will become the GM because he can hire the head coach that Jed York wants to hire. Basically, a kiss ass to Jed.

The top two candidates on York's wish list are Jim Harbaugh and Jon Gruden but no one knows who's first and second on the list.

---

Personally, I ******* hate Jed York and while PFT says that the league wants the 49ers to be successful once again, they should force them to sell to those who know about football instead of those who just inherited the damn team.

I'm sorry but I think we're going to be ****** for a very long time.

As for McNabb, havent read anything regarding him and personally, trading away a draft pick plus paying him $12m in 2011 and whatever his contract is that he signed a month ago is something that even I wouldnt do and this is coming from a McNabb fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information