X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    Reading from PFT -

It seems like the Softli interview was just to comply with the Rooney rule and nothing more. It also seems like Baalke will become the GM because he can hire the head coach that Jed York wants to hire. Basically, a kiss ass to Jed.

The top two candidates on York's wish list are Jim Harbaugh and Jon Gruden but no one knows who's first and second on the list.

---

Personally, I ******* hate Jed York and while PFT says that the league wants the 49ers to be successful once again, they should force them to sell to those who know about football instead of those who just inherited the damn team.

I'm sorry but I think we're going to be ****** for a very long time.

As for McNabb, havent read anything regarding him and personally, trading away a draft pick plus paying him $12m in 2011 and whatever his contract is that he signed a month ago is something that even I wouldnt do and this is coming from a McNabb fan.
    Softli does help them comply with the Rooney rule and Jed is going to do a couple more interviews. I hope he doesn't rush a decision this weekend and at least interview more candidates in the coming weeks from current NFL teams. He owes it to the fans to do more research. I don't see many other teams going after one of these out-of-the-league GMs he's currently looking at. He's got time.

About time you woke up about McNabb! Picking him up would be such a bad deal for the Niners that even you are able to see through your bias. He'll have fun in AZ or OAK next year while we laugh. Book it!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
      Why is that bullcrap? I for one hope Tomsula is retained. Not as the head coach obviously, but I feel like our defensive line play has been really solid and he's done a good job with that group. If we can keep him in the same capacity, why the hell wouldn't we?
      I would like Tomsula to be retained as well but Jed should not be saying that he hopes Tomsula will be a 49ers coach for a long time. It is not his call and he should not already be pitching endorsements of coaches on the current staff before a new head coach has been hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        I would like Tomsula to be retained as well but Jed should not be saying that he hopes Tomsula will be a 49ers coach for a long time. It is not his call and he should not already be pitching endorsements of coaches on the current staff before a new head coach has been hired.
        I agree about Tomsula being retained as a position coach but these kind of owner-forced statements by Jed about the current team and staff are EXACTLY what might scare a great NFL GM or big name coach from coming to the Niners. Bleh.

Shut your mouth Jed and just do your f******* homework on all the GM candidates out there, make the right hire and get out of the way!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
          Two inexperienced guys would be a disaster. There really isn't any reason to believe that Baalke is a certified "yes" man. Why get a general manager in the first place then?
          No, two unqualified guys would be a disaster.
          Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 12-29-2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Jed plans to speak with Bill Parcells regarding Baalke and to get his opinion on his search for our next GM and Head Coach. This seems strange to me seeing how Parcells is still part of an NFL organization (Dolphins). Is this not as unusual as it sounds to me?

Comment

Don't be absurd. Tomsula is not going to be the next head coach.

What if Tom Brady wasn't drafted by the Patriots, would Bill Belichick have won anything? You can say that about a lot of people and scenarios. And we don't know Jim Harbaugh, but I'm willing to be he's not a pushover. The man played in the NFL for a long time. I doubt his his psyche is phased so easily. And why would Jed overrule a decision made by Jim Harbaugh?
              I hope not but if he becomes the next HC, would you really be that surprised? I wouldnt be.

I hope Harbaugh wouldnt be a pushover. As for Jed, if he hires Baalke as GM, its just so HE (Jed) can run things without actually running them. Know what I mean?

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
              I'm not worried about his lack of experience, i'm worried that he will basically be a subserviant yes man that will maintain the current structure of the FO that's given us 8 seasons in a row without a winning record. I'd only be fine with Baalke if we got someone like Harbaugh. Baalke and some unkown HC would be a disaster, that would just be another yes man.
              I agree but I dont want Baalke as the GM. He should go back to what he was before McCloughan was forced out. Jed needs to hire a GM who knows what he's doing and more importantly, wont let Jed over rule his decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                Dan, you have absolutely no basis for those comments about Jed York. Because he was figgiting with a water bottle? Really? Come on man.
                Originally posted by Ness View Post
                LOL. Yes that is pretty ridiculous.
                No, actually its not. You can just see it in his face, his voice, his posture, etc. And him figgiting with a water bottle does mean something. If he cant even make a decision about whether or not to take a drink of water, how the hell can any 49ers fan be confident in him making the right decisions for the franchise? It shows that he's unsure of himself. He doesnt have the knowledge, experience or anything that he should have. If anything, he should let Eddie pick the GM and HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                  Why is that bullcrap? I for one hope Tomsula is retained. Not as the head coach obviously, but I feel like our defensive line play has been really solid and he's done a good job with that group. If we can keep him in the same capacity, why the hell wouldn't we?
                  I just think that what Jed does will be the opposite of what he actually said. I think Tomsula will either be the permanent HC or he'll be gone because no one is going to be the interim HC and then go back to what he was. Thats a slap in the face. If we can keep him as the DL coach, great but I dont see it happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    Softli does help them comply with the Rooney rule and Jed is going to do a couple more interviews. I hope he doesn't rush a decision this weekend and at least interview more candidates in the coming weeks from current NFL teams. He owes it to the fans to do more research. I don't see many other teams going after one of these out-of-the-league GMs he's currently looking at. He's got time.

About time you woke up about McNabb! Picking him up would be such a bad deal for the Niners that even you are able to see through your bias. He'll have fun in AZ or OAK next year while we laugh. Book it!
                    I agree with the first paragraph and im hoping that he asks for permission to talk to Holmgren next week.

As for McNabb, if he was going to be an UFA, then I wouldnt have a problem signing him to be a two year stopgap especially when the contract he would sign would be from us as opposed to trading draft picks/players to acquire him and the contract that the Redskins signed him to.

Comment

• Here is espresso expert Peter King's breakdown of the 49ers coaching search:
                      http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...112606234.html

"The 49ers have not been trendsetters in anything recently, except losing," King said during Tuesday night's pre-game. "But I do think what they’re going to do this year is going to set an example for a lot of teams in this league to follow. ‘In’ are going to be the young, hungry, affordable, mostly assistant coaches in the NFL. ‘Out’ are going to be the been-there, done-that, won-Super-Bowl guys – Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden."
                      King thinks that Harbaugh is Plan A and there is really no plan B. If Harbaugh does not workout this could turn out like the OC search last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        No, actually its not. You can just see it in his face, his voice, his posture, etc. And him figgiting with a water bottle does mean something. If he cant even make a decision about whether or not to take a drink of water, how the hell can any 49ers fan be confident in him making the right decisions for the franchise? It shows that he's unsure of himself. He doesnt have the knowledge, experience or anything that he should have. If anything, he should let Eddie pick the GM and HC.
                        Or it just means he doesn't like crowds?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          I agree about Tomsula being retained as a position coach but these kind of owner-forced statements by Jed about the current team and staff are EXACTLY what might scare a great NFL GM or big name coach from coming to the Niners. Bleh.

Shut your mouth Jed and just do your f******* homework on all the GM candidates out there, make the right hire and get out of the way!
                          And you guys think im paranoid or overreacting. Whoever the GM turns out to be, he's going to be a yes man to Jed, plain and simple. The more I think about it, I more I think Jed's the reason why McCloughan left. Jed is little power hungry midget who wants to control every aspect including aspects that he has no knowledge or experience of whatsoever.

Instead of a new GM/HC combo, can we get a new owner first???

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                            No, two unqualified guys would be a disaster.
                            Hmmmmmmmm, isnt that basically the same thing? If you're inexperienced, you're obviously unqualified and if you're unqualified, its because you're inexperienced.

Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                            Jed plans to speak with Bill Parcells regarding Baalke and to get his opinion on his search for our next GM and Head Coach. This seems strange to me seeing how Parcells is still part of an NFL organization (Dolphins). Is this not as unusual as it sounds to me?
                            I think Jed is just trying to make it look like he's doing positive stuff when he's really not. I believe that he already has his GM and HC that he wants in his head and is just trying to show the fans that he's doing something even though in reality, he's not.

Comment

Or it just means he doesn't like crowds?
                              Then, he needs to take a back seat, be hidden and shut the hell up. Plus, a different profession might help if he doesnt like speaking in front of crowds.

Comment

Here is espresso expert Peter King's breakdown of the 49ers coaching search:
                                http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...112606234.html

King thinks that Harbaugh is Plan A and there is really no plan B. If Harbaugh does not workout this could turn out like the OC search last year.
                                Set an example? Of what? NOT knowing how to run an NFL franchise? I think he's already done that.

And if Harbaugh is really who he wants, then he should hire him already instead of wasting time. And why would anyone NOT want Cowher, Gruden, etc.? They have already proven themselves. This just makes no sense whatsoever but then again, considering the fact that we're talking about Jed, im not really surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information