Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-trent-baalke/

    And people wonder why the 49ers have sucked for the last eight seasons. Gee, could it start with ownership??? My guess is a hell yeah.
    I get that it's not who you wanted Dan, but exactly what has Trent done that would lead you to believe he's terrible?
    Originally posted by Babylon
    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

    Comment


    • I'm fine with hiring Trent Baalke. He seems like he's well respected around the league and I like what he did last year.

      I just hate how Jed went on the whole we're going to search around the whole NFL for a new GM when he was just going to hire Baalke the whole time.

      I hope Baalke can deliver Harbaugh. It doesn't really seem like the organization has a Plan B is my worry at this point. If Harbaugh doesn't come, they will probably have to hire a young offensive coordinator - which is fine as long as it is the right one.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by king2am View Post
        I get that it's not who you wanted Dan, but exactly what has Trent done that would lead you to believe he's terrible?
        I never said he was terrible. My problem isnt with him, its with Jed. He's full of crap. If he wants to promote Baalke to be the full time GM, he should have done it after the Softli interview instead of wasting everyone's time doing interviews for no apparent reason. I personally think Baalke will be like Ireland in MIA. The actual GM but the guy behind him running the team. In our case, it would be Jed and sorry, but he's no Bill Parcells.

        I dont think Jed cares one way or the other and quite honestly, he's a young little twirp who thinks he knows all but knows nothing and just wants to run the show but as proven by the last eight years, I dont think you can go further than into the ground.

        Its just bullcrap plain and simple. Whatever Jed says, expect the opposite. He's not even trying to turn the franchise around. He's just saying that he's trying but in reality, he's not.

        As for Baalke, what happens in a few years if him and whoever the HC turns out to be fails? Then what, well lose Baalke altogether which is stupid. He should just stay as what he was before being the temp GM.

        Everyone knows I want Holmgren but at least Lombardi would be an upgrade over who we've had since Walsh. Or someone with a proven track record. I just think Jed's plan has disaster written all over it.

        Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
        I'm fine with hiring Trent Baalke. He seems like he's well respected around the league and I like what he did last year.

        I just hate how Jed went on the whole we're going to search around the whole NFL for a new GM when he was just going to hire Baalke the whole time.

        I hope Baalke can deliver Harbaugh. It doesn't really seem like the organization has a Plan B is my worry at this point. If Harbaugh doesn't come, they will probably have to hire a young offensive coordinator - which is fine as long as it is the right one.
        My problem isnt with Baalke. I just dont believe anything Jed says as far as I can throw him.

        Forget Baalke delivering Harbaugh. Its all on Jed because Baalke isnt going to run anything. He's basically what Ireland is/was to Parcells. A spokesman. If Jed wants Harbaugh and Baalke as the GM, he should just go out and announce Baalke as the GM already instead of interviewing people who have no shot at the position for no apparent reason.

        If Harbaugh is the guy Jed wants but doesnt get him, he BETTER get a Gruden or someone good. Some ******* crapper isnt going to cut it unless of course Jed wants to make it nine losing seasons in a row.

        And another thing, with Jed doing this, its the same damn thing that Sing did when he was hiring an OC and had to settle for Raye. This is just going to scare off everyone so he better hope that he already has Harbaugh signed and just has to wait until after the Bowl game and he leaves Stanford. If he doesnt get Harbaugh, we're ****** and not in a good way.

        Comment


        • Thanks for your candid opinions as always dan.

          So you're saying we should 'Fear the beard' as Jed is about to make another epic bad decision?


          #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


          "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            Thanks for your candid opinions as always dan.

            So you're saying we should 'Fear the beard' as Jed is about to make another epic bad decision?
            You're welcome. :)

            I just think if Baalke is the guy Jed wanted as GM, why go through all this other bullcrap? All it does is make Jed look indecisive, inexperienced and I just dont see the point after interviewing Softli.

            Comment


            • Dan, you've heard of the Rooney rule, correct?

              Google Toni Softli images.

              It's that simple.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                Dan, you've heard of the Rooney rule, correct?

                Google Toni Softli images.

                It's that simple.
                Re-read my above post.

                Comment


                • You do remember the Niners having minority "candidates" refuse to interview for them in recent years when it was blatant that they were only being brought in to fulfill requirements for the Rooney rule. If they bring in one Rooney rule guy and just give it to the other guy how much more does that hurt the team's image? What you propose would probably get their asses fined for how big a slap in the face it is to the league with what they are attempting to accomplish with the Rooney rule whether you agree with it's effectiveness or not.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    Hmmmmmmmm, isnt that basically the same thing? If you're inexperienced, you're obviously unqualified and if you're unqualified, its because you're inexperienced.
                    I don't believe so. Thats too strict a defition IMO. Experience is A qualification, but its not THE one and only qualification.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      Then, he needs to take a back seat, be hidden and shut the hell up. Plus, a different profession might help if he doesnt like speaking in front of crowds.
                      Why? You don't need to be a good PR person to run a football team. Winning speaks for itself and makes everything easier. By your logic, Mike Singletary should have been a good coach because he was a good player. Screwing around with a water bottle doesn't mean that he can't possibly make a good decision regarding a GM hire.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                        You do remember the Niners having minority "candidates" refuse to interview for them in recent years when it was blatant that they were only being brought in to fulfill requirements for the Rooney rule. If they bring in one Rooney rule guy and just give it to the other guy how much more does that hurt the team's image? What you propose would probably get their asses fined for how big a slap in the face it is to the league with what they are attempting to accomplish with the Rooney rule whether you agree with it's effectiveness or not.
                        You're eluding to the idea that they are perceived as racist toward minorities. They hired Sing as HC two years ago without hesitation or a coaching search. I think that would kill the idea that they are racist, since he is African American.

                        Are they smooth in the way they conduct interviews and make big decisions that effect the team? Absolutely not, but I don't believe the Yorks are racist.


                        #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                        "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                        Comment


                        • Nobody has mentioned it as of yet, but I thought it as hilarious that Brandon Lloyd made his first Pro Bowl and subsequently dissed his previous 3 teams, including the Niners. I thought this was a good response:

                          http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/12/...-havent-wanted

                          Somebody (Brent) had this gif included in their posts before. Awesome.

                          F*** you Brandon Lloyd! And I mean that in the least professional and respectful way. Dealing your underachieving a$$ for two draft picks was the one of the best moves the McNolan team made.


                          #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                          "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            Why? You don't need to be a good PR person to run a football team. Winning speaks for itself and makes everything easier. By your logic, Mike Singletary should have been a good coach because he was a good player. Screwing around with a water bottle doesn't mean that he can't possibly make a good decision regarding a GM hire.
                            Exactly. If I was running this team and expected them, like everyone else to make the playoffs, and they didn't. And then I was at yet another press conference for yet another interim head coach, I would probably mess around with a water bottle to keep from screaming and strangling someone.
                            Originally posted by Babylon
                            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              Nobody has mentioned it as of yet, but I thought it as hilarious that Brandon Lloyd made his first Pro Bowl and subsequently dissed his previous 3 teams, including the Niners. I thought this was a good response:

                              http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/12/...-havent-wanted

                              Somebody (Brent) had this gif included in their posts before. Awesome.

                              F*** you Brandon Lloyd! And I mean that in the least professional and respectful way. Dealing your underachieving a$$ for two draft picks was the one of the best moves the McNolan team made.
                              Yeah I thought Brandon finally got his head out of his ass, but I guess not. The guy is lucky McDaniels was already to help him boost his stats. He's played great, but at the same time he shouldn't act like it wasn't his fault that he flamed out with his previous three teams.

                              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                                You're eluding to the idea that they are perceived as racist toward minorities. They hired Sing as HC two years ago without hesitation or a coaching search. I think that would kill the idea that they are racist, since he is African American.

                                Are they smooth in the way they conduct interviews and make big decisions that effect the team? Absolutely not, but I don't believe the Yorks are racist.
                                I am not saying they are racist at all. Previously, they were just so clumsy in the way they approached their candidates that they were insulting them. Everyone knew what the organization was thinking and they looked really bad. This time they are at least going about it in a more traditional business sense with interviewing their inhouse candidate first then going outside to look at other candidates. They didn't add their Rooney rule guy as the afterthought 35th interviewee making him an easy token gesture to the media.

                                They probably will hire Baalke, but it is usually good to look at multiple candidates in case a better match is made. People act like this is an uncommon business practice when it is pretty typical.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information