Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt any one watched or is watching the husky game right now.But this is why I want Locker a 49er ASAP!This kid is just a beast on the field and one hell of a QB and has a arm too .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
      I doubt any one watched or is watching the husky game right now.But this is why I want Locker a 49er ASAP!This kid is just a beast on the field and one hell of a QB and has a arm too .
      I've never really seen him play. But I saw a few highlights on YouTube a while back, but he didn't really "wow" me. Hasn't he been having a down year?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Locker is going to need a good coaching staff in place to develop him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
          Locker is going to need a good coaching staff in place to develop him...
          IMO, every QB available will need good coaching staff to develop.

Comment

• According to Softli &/or other interviewees for the GM spot, Baalke has it sewed up & always has. Jed York is allegedly just going through the motions, Rooney Rule or not.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_16959539

I would like to not believe that simply b/c there are better than Baalke out there.

This orgn. behaved amateurishly IMO in the Nolan to Singletary as interim HC transition, about time they learned from their mistakes. If they want to be taken seriously as an NFL contender team, put a professional face on their orgn, not merely promote another insider.

Going further back, that's how this train was wrecked with the ascension of Donahue at the helm, Bill Walsh's handpicked successor, who executed the worst drafting west of freaking Cleveland for yrs. & yrs. & pissed away the future. We say the Erickson Era, but I think Dennis Erickson got a raw deal, he was Donahue's ***** from Day One with limited input on FAs & draft picks.

Jed York had a ringside seat for that fiasco & now, still yet to see age 30, has an very important decision to make, I'm hoping he brings in a fresh GM who knows his way around the NFL & doesnt squander a crucial draft pick that could be as high as #2 overall or as low as #13. There's been enough of that in this orgn already.
            Last edited by LizardState; 12-31-2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Latest head coaching rumors off of twitter feeds:
              @bydavidwhite By all sources' accounts, the 49ers will go hard after Stanford's Jim Harbaugh once they name their GM next week (Baalke, cough cough). If Harbaugh isn't interested, high on the Plan B list are Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer and Falcons OC Mike Mularkey.
              @JasonLaCanfora The tandem of Billick and Lewis as his defensive coordinator would get even more traction. I could see that in San Fran. Also expect the... 49ers to take a good look at Philly coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. I still don't see Jim Harbaugh landing there at this point but we'll see
              Hearing more legit buzz about Brian Billick as head coaching candidate than at any time since his firing by the Ravens. 49ers in particular Billick has a ring, ties to Bay Area and Bill Walsh family tree, and remains close with Marv Lewis. If Mike Zimmer promoted to Bengals coach
              If Jimmy heads out to Ann Arbor Mornhinweg/Kolb combo would be niiiiiiiiiiiiice. Then draft Prince Amukamara to be SF top corner.
              Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 12-31-2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                Latest head coaching rumors off of twitter feeds:

If Jimmy heads out to Ann Arbor Mornhinweg/Kolb combo would be niiiiiiiiiiiiice. Then draft Prince Amukamara to be SF top corner.
                Your ideas intrigue me. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Looks like they're on the right track.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I don't want Brian Billick here. I know that. Even if he brought Marvin Lewis with him, absolutely not. In all his time in Baltimore he never got a good quarterback. And it's not like they didn't have their chances. I don't trust him with that responsibility. I'm tired of this whole "Ravens West" facade. It needs to stop. This franchise needs to get back to the days of scoring 30 points per game. I think we have the defense in place to at least be middle of the pack. They just need an offense worth a damn to take the burden off their shoulders. We're a good head coach and quarterback away from being 10-6. That is how I honestly feel.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      I don't want Brian Billick here. I know that. Even if he brought Marvin Lewis with him, absolutely not. In all his time in Baltimore he never got a good quarterback. And it's not like they didn't have their chances. I don't trust him with that responsibility. I'm tired of this whole "Ravens West" facade. It needs to stop. This franchise needs to get back to the days of scoring 30 points per game. I think we have the defense in place to at least be middle of the pack. They just need an offense worth a damn to take the burden off their shoulders. We're a good head coach and quarterback away from being 10-6. That is how I honestly feel.
                      Agreed, he would be our third straight head coach from the Ravens..

Comment

• Can we just draft Jake Locker now and get the off season started lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                          I doubt any one watched or is watching the husky game right now.But this is why I want Locker a 49er ASAP!This kid is just a beast on the field and one hell of a QB and has a arm too .
                          Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          I've never really seen him play. But I saw a few highlights on YouTube a while back, but he didn't really "wow" me. Hasn't he been having a down year?
                          Originally posted by Rabscuttle View Post
                          Locker is going to need a good coaching staff in place to develop him...
                          Originally posted by Verloren View Post
                          IMO, every QB available will need good coaching staff to develop.
                          I want Locker the most and im hoping that the other QB's who are juniors all declare and surpass Locker. I would LOVE to get a top five draft pick, trade down a few spots, still get CB Patrick Peterson and then use the extra 2nd and 3rd to get back in the first round to draft Locker. I would ******* love that!!!!!

Locker has declined in WSH compared to last season but he has no one there and yet still managed to put up decent stats and some wins. Imagine if he had the offensive weapons that we have in Gore, Crabtree and Davis.

And I agree, every QB available will need a good coaching staff but I want to take it a step further - every QB will need a good OFFENSIVE based coaching staff. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            According to Softli &/or other interviewees for the GM spot, Baalke has it sewed up & always has. Jed York is allegedly just going through the motions, Rooney Rule or not.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_16959539

I would like to not believe that simply b/c there are better than Baalke out there.

This orgn. behaved amateurishly IMO in the Nolan to Singletary as interim HC transition, about time they learned from their mistakes. If they want to be taken seriously as an NFL contender team, put a professional face on their orgn, not merely promote another insider.

Going further back, that's how this train was wrecked with the ascension of Donahue at the helm, Bill Walsh's handpicked successor, who executed the worst drafting west of freaking Cleveland for yrs. & yrs. & pissed away the future. We say the Erickson Era, but I think Dennis Erickson got a raw deal, he was Donahue's ***** from Day One with limited input on FAs & draft picks.

Jed York had a ringside seat for that fiasco & now, still yet to see age 30, has an very important decision to make, I'm hoping he brings in a fresh GM who knows his way around the NFL & doesnt squander a crucial draft pick that could be as high as #2 overall or as low as #13. There's been enough of that in this orgn already.
                            Believe it. I believed it after watching Jed's press conference. Sad but true.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
                              Latest head coaching rumors off of twitter feeds:
                              @bydavidwhite By all sources' accounts, the 49ers will go hard after Stanford's Jim Harbaugh once they name their GM next week (Baalke, cough cough). If Harbaugh isn't interested, high on the Plan B list are Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer and Falcons OC Mike Mularkey.
                              Yay, two more offensive coordinators. Jesus FN Christ, will we ever be great again??? UGH. Bill Walsh must be turning in his grave. :( :( :(

@JasonLaCanfora The tandem of Billick and Lewis as his defensive coordinator would get even more traction. I could see that in San Fran. Also expect the... 49ers to take a good look at Philly coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. I still don't see Jim Harbaugh landing there at this point but we'll see
                              Hearing more legit buzz about Brian Billick as head coaching candidate than at any time since his firing by the Ravens. 49ers in particular Billick has a ring, ties to Bay Area and Bill Walsh family tree, and remains close with Marv Lewis. If Mike Zimmer promoted to Bengals coach
                              Rather have Billick instead of Schottenheimer or Mularky. Would love Mornhinweg as the OC but not as our HC. Granted, we arent DET but I just think that he's one of those guys who's better as an OC than he is as a HC.

Not sure about Marvin Lewis as DC though? He's underachieved in Cincy but was he any good as a DC? And I would assume that we would go back to a 4-3 with him which im all for.

Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
                              Considering the fact that the Eagles would probably want a first rounder for Kolb, dont see us drafting Prince. Rather trade down, drft Peterson and then move back into the first round to draft Locker if he free falls wich I think he will if the other three or four juniors declare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                I don't want Brian Billick here. I know that. Even if he brought Marvin Lewis with him, absolutely not. In all his time in Baltimore he never got a good quarterback. And it's not like they didn't have their chances. I don't trust him with that responsibility. I'm tired of this whole "Ravens West" facade. It needs to stop. This franchise needs to get back to the days of scoring 30 points per game. I think we have the defense in place to at least be middle of the pack. They just need an offense worth a damn to take the burden off their shoulders. We're a good head coach and quarterback away from being 10-6. That is how I honestly feel.
                                Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                                Agreed, he would be our third straight head coach from the Ravens..
                                Can Billick really get blamed for not getting a QB though? Maybe it wasnt up to him. You dont really know. And they did draft Boller in the first round in 2003. He just didnt work out. McNair (R.I.P.) was good, just a shame he was old and injury prone.

I agree with the Ravens West facade but there's a difference. Billick is at least an offensive based head coach but it says that he's a branch of the Bill Walsh tree. I'm going to assume that was when he was at Stanford? Is that correct or am I way off?

And I didnt even know that Singletary was the LB coach at BAL for two seasons before coming over with Nolan. But at least on the bright side, Billick has HC experience and knowledge plus he's offensive based and a HUGE upgrade over Singletary, Nolan and Erickson.

With all that said, where the **** is Jon Gruden in any of these rumors? I cant believe that Jed is this ******* stupid. Actually, now that im thinking about it, I CAN believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information