This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-for-g-m-job/

This article sums up the so called GM search perfectly and yeah, I agree with it 100%. And to be honest, a part of me wants to see Jed NOT get Harbaugh just to see if this goof has a backup plan in place. I dont think he does. If we dont get Harbaugh, im still guessing that Tomsula will stay as the HC especially if we win today.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-for-g-m-job/

This article sums up the so called GM search perfectly and yeah, I agree with it 100%. And to be honest, a part of me wants to see Jed NOT get Harbaugh just to see if this goof has a backup plan in place. I dont think he does. If we dont get Harbaugh, im still guessing that Tomsula will stay as the HC especially if we win today.
      Why would you root for 'goof' York to fail? Let's hope he makes a good call so we can enjoy our team more in the near future.

TOMSULA WILL NOT BE THE HC NEXT YEAR IF THEY WIN TODAY! THERE IS NO CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING! Jed likes him as a position coach, but not as the HC. Part of the reason Sing wasn't fired sooner as they didn't have someone on staff that could step up as an interim for a bigger chunk of the season. Tomsula was promoted for one meaningless week all bu by default as he was the coach on staff that had some NFL Europe HC experience.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Right now if we loss we have the 4th pick I believe. If we win and everyone else just losses, i think at worst we would have the 9th pick. Our window is 4 - 9 zone.
        San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
        Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• im still guessing that Tomsula will stay as the HC especially if we win today.
          Dan, even Tomsula doesn't want Tomsula to the the HC.

---

On a side note, I'm watching the game and he looks like he's having the time of his life. I'd definitely like to see him back as a position coach if possible.

Still prefer Holmgren/Gruden over Baalke/whoever.
          I don't think we'd ever get both. I'm not even convinced they could work together even if we did. You'd have a GM that wants to be the coach and a coach that wants roster control. Two veterans, both with big personalities, is a very risky approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            Why would you root for 'goof' York to fail? Let's hope he makes a good call so we can enjoy our team more in the near future.

TOMSULA WILL NOT BE THE HC NEXT YEAR IF THEY WIN TODAY! THERE IS NO CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING! Jed likes him as a position coach, but not as the HC. Part of the reason Sing wasn't fired sooner as they didn't have someone on staff that could step up as an interim for a bigger chunk of the season. Tomsula was promoted for one meaningless week all bu by default as he was the coach on staff that had some NFL Europe HC experience.
            I'm not rooting for him to fail. I just want to see if he's smart enough to have a few backup plans if he's unable to get Harbaugh. He seems to be putting all his eggs in one basket and thats never a good idea because what happens if the eggs break??? LOL. Seriously, I just want to see if he has a long term plan and a backup plan or two if he doesnt get Harbaugh.

What Jed says and does are two different things. He also said that the GM will hire the HC. Give me a break. He's more full of crap than poetry. And if Harbaugh falls through, it wouldnt surprise me at all if he just keeps Tomsula as the HC.

And they better lose today. They're currently winning 10-0 and winning today means nothing and will gain nothing. Another reason why I would have just kept Sing for the last game. Makes no sense now and made no sense a week ago. Whatever, I have been disgusted for eight years so its not like staying disgusted should surprise me whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
              Dan, even Tomsula doesn't want Tomsula to the the HC.

---

On a side note, I'm watching the game and he looks like he's having the time of his life. I'd definitely like to see him back as a position coach if possible.

I don't think we'd ever get both. I'm not even convinced they could work together even if we did. You'd have a GM that wants to be the coach and a coach that wants roster control. Two veterans, both with big personalities, is a very risky approach.
              Yeah right. Like Tomsula would turn it down if he was offered the HC job. And I agree, would want him back as the DL coach.

Holmgren/Gruden worked together in GB and Gruden has never had complete control. Holmgren has. Besides, I think they would work together especially since they would be in SF where the Legacy of Bill Walsh was made. Yeah, I think they would be a great combo and the best we've had in a LONG time.

Comment

• Give it up Dan. Holmgren isn't leaving Cleveland. And Gruden wants absurd money to leave MNF. Seriously. Stop. Your rants are just silly. I mean, if you're going to demand someone that is unavailable, why not demand someone better like Belichick or Rex Ryan.
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Yeah right. Like Tomsula would turn it down if he was offered the HC job.
                  He doesn't think he should be offered it and I respect that. Keeps joking about his one week timetable.

Holmgren/Gruden worked together in GB and Gruden has never had complete control. Holmgren has. Besides, I think they would work together especially since they would be in SF where the Legacy of Bill Walsh was made. Yeah, I think they would be a great combo and the best we've had in a LONG time.
                  The relationship in Green Bay was between a head coach and his wide receivers coach. In San Francisco it'd be between a former two time head coach and now GM and a Superbowl winning HC who has had two successful gigs beforehand. Completely different ball game and I think they'd clash, with bad results for the franchise.

Also, Bill Walsh made his own (incredible) legacy by being his own man, running his own system and picking the guys he believed in. He didn't make that legacy by being similar to a previous successful coach. Whether he got out of his bed on the right or the left hand side each morning has (and should have) absolutely nothing to do with who we should select to be our GM/HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                    Give it up Dan. Holmgren isn't leaving Cleveland. And Gruden wants absurd money to leave MNF. Seriously. Stop. Your rants are just silly. I mean, if you're going to demand someone that is unavailable, why not demand someone better like Belichick or Rex Ryan.
                    Why are my rants silly? They make sense when you think about them. Its not my fault that it appears that Jed isnt thinking. I doubt that Holmgren would leave but then again, who knows? I'm not in his head just like you. Gruden wants absurd money? What exactly is absurd money? $5m a year? Thats nothing considering all the millions that they've spent on previous coaches.

And I agree about Belichick but dont put Rex Ryan in the same sentence with Belichick. Ryan is a foot loving over rated loud mouthed abnoxious head coach. Instead of mouthing off, he should just shut up and play. Cant wait to see the Jets lose to Indy or KC.

Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                    He doesn't think he should be offered it and I respect that. Keeps joking about his one week timetable.

The relationship in Green Bay was between a head coach and his wide receivers coach. In San Francisco it'd be between a former two time head coach and now GM and a Superbowl winning HC who has had two successful gigs beforehand. Completely different ball game and I think they'd clash, with bad results for the franchise.

Also, Bill Walsh made his own (incredible) legacy by being his own man, running his own system and picking the guys he believed in. He didn't make that legacy by being similar to a previous successful coach. Whether he got out of his bed on the right or the left hand side each morning has (and should have) absolutely nothing to do with who we should select to be our GM/HC.
                    What Tomsula thinks and what he would actually do are two different things.

I think a Holmgren/Gruden combo would be awesome but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I never said that Bill Walsh didnt make his own legacy. Have you noticed that since the firing of Mariucci, we've gotten further and further away from what he did that was successful and because of that, we've sucked for the last eight years. Since doing the opposite for the last eight seasons hasnt worked, maybe, just maybe going back to what did work will work again.

Comment

Have you noticed that since the firing of Mariucci, we've gotten further and further away from what he did that was successful and because of that, we've sucked for the last eight years. Since doing the opposite for the last eight seasons hasnt worked, maybe, just maybe going back to what did work will work again.
                      Really? That simple....
                      Originally posted by Babylon
                      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Why are my rants silly?
                        LMFAO! Really? You need me to explain? LOL.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                        They make sense when you think about them.
                        No they don't make sense. Holmgren just started rebuilding in Cleveland. He's not going to jump ship now.

Its not my fault that it appears that Jed isnt thinking. I doubt that Holmgren would leave but then again, who knows? I'm not in his head just like you.
                        Right. You're not in Holmgren's head, but you're in Jed York's? Just more silliness.

And I agree about Belichick but dont put Rex Ryan in the same sentence with Belichick. Ryan is a foot loving over rated loud mouthed abnoxious head coach. Instead of mouthing off, he should just shut up and play. Cant wait to see the Jets lose to Indy or KC.
                        Sure. Rex Ryan is an ass for doing those things, but it's OK for your manlover T.O.?

I never said that Bill Walsh didnt make his own legacy. Have you noticed that since the firing of Mariucci, we've gotten further and further away from what he did that was successful and because of that, we've sucked for the last eight years. Since doing the opposite for the last eight seasons hasnt worked, maybe, just maybe going back to what did work will work again.
                        I'm sure having Joe Montana and Steve Young had just a tiny, miniscule bit to do with it. Your corrolations are ridiculous. I mean, you do realize that other franchises have had success without using the West Coast Offense?
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• im 99.9% sure we have 7th pick in the draft.
                          San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                          Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• I never said that Bill Walsh didnt make his own legacy. Have you noticed that since the firing of Mariucci, we've gotten further and further away from what he did that was successful and because of that, we've sucked for the last eight years. Since doing the opposite for the last eight seasons hasnt worked, maybe, just maybe going back to what did work will work again.
                            Dan you're missing the point. Walsh was unique. The system he created changed the game and brought more than a decade of success to the bay. Every WCO coach these days is based on Bill Walsh. We don't need 'the next Bill Walsh.' We need the next step. We need a head coach that'll bring a fresh perspective, create his own legend. This team isn't a west-coast-playbook away from the Superbowl, if we really want to challenge the best in the league we need someone with fresh ideas and fresh perspective, someone who'll take us on, not the coach who closest resembles previous success.

So: like the mullet, hair metal and the 46 bear Bill Walsh was an incredible symbol for his era, but not what we need today.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                              Really? That simple....
                              If doing the opposite the last eight seasons hasnt worked, maybe doing the opposite of the opposite will. Makes sense to me.

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                              LMFAO! Really? You need me to explain? LOL.

No they don't make sense. Holmgren just started rebuilding in Cleveland. He's not going to jump ship now.

Right. You're not in Holmgren's head, but you're in Jed York's? Just more silliness.

Sure. Rex Ryan is an ass for doing those things, but it's OK for your manlover T.O.?

I'm sure having Joe Montana and Steve Young had just a tiny, miniscule bit to do with it. Your corrolations are ridiculous. I mean, you do realize that other franchises have had success without using the West Coast Offense?
                              Holmgren isnt even the one rebuilding. Its Heckert. And who knows, like being with a team for one year and then leaving would be a first. I never said I was in Jed's head but im not the only one here who thinks that Jed has no backup plan if he cant get Harbaugh. Head Coach is supposed to be held at a higher standard than players and meant to set an example. As for T.O., he mouths off, maybe if we had a player like that on our team, we wouldnt have sucked the last seven seasons. And I dont care about other franchises. I'm talking about the 49ers franchise. I could care less about other franchises.

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                                Dan you're missing the point. Walsh was unique. The system he created changed the game and brought more than a decade of success to the bay. Every WCO coach these days is based on Bill Walsh. We don't need 'the next Bill Walsh.' We need the next step. We need a head coach that'll bring a fresh perspective, create his own legend. This team isn't a west-coast-playbook away from the Superbowl, if we really want to challenge the best in the league we need someone with fresh ideas and fresh perspective, someone who'll take us on, not the coach who closest resembles previous success.

So: like the mullet, hair metal and the 46 bear Bill Walsh was an incredible symbol for his era, but not what we need today.
                                I get what you're saying. All im saying is that if doing the opposite of what Walsh, Seifert and Mariucci did back then isnt working (after eight seasons), going back to what did work might not be a bad idea. After all, if what you're doing isnt working, wouldnt the opposite work?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information