Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to Peter King......if the 49ers cant get Harbaugh, it appears that Fisher would be a possibility. Nothing on who will be the GM. Oh wait, we already know who thats going to be.

Also, looks like Mangini will be gone and Mornhinweg will go to CLE to reunite with Holmgren.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Listening to Peter King......if the 49ers cant get Harbaugh, it appears that Fisher would be a possibility. Nothing on who will be the GM. Oh wait, we already know who thats going to be.

Also, looks like Mangini will be gone and Mornhinweg will go to CLE to reunite with Holmgren.
      How do we feel about Fisher being a possibility?
      San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
      Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
        How do we feel about Fisher being a possibility?
        It would be awesome. Please ask Dan if Jed has Fisher as a backup plan to Harbaugh though. Only Dan knows because the magic water bottle told him.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
          It would be awesome. Please ask Dan if Jed has Fisher as a backup plan to Harbaugh though. Only Dan knows because the magic water bottle told him.
          Can Fisher develop QB's? or would he opt to trade/sign a veteran QB?
          San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
          Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Funny Borat. I would be surprised if Fisher is a possibility. With Jed talking so much about our crappy offense, why would he want another defensive HC. Plus, I think Fisher would be out of his price range. Thats what the water bottle told me. LOL. And no, I dont want Fisher.
            Last edited by dan77733; 01-02-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Yeah, they have spent some money but when they need to solve a position, they never do. They leave it as is and it always comes back to haunt them. The Crabtree contract favors the team by far so him holding out actually helped us. And while they ave spent on players, they havent spent on the coaching staff. They have gone for three straight cheap hires and like the saying goes, you get what you paid for. Plus, I think that Baalke will be the GM because he'll still get paid less than what he would have to pay someone outside the team to become the GM.

Like you, im hoping for CB Patrick Peterson and then trade back into the first round for Locker. I'm also hoping they sign UFA's CB Richard Marshall and FS O.J. Atogwe. Of course, dont see any of that actually happening.

The major mistake made by Holmgren was not franchising Hutchinson but he still led them to a SB appearance and they should have w/ but the officials screwed them just like they did the Cardinals.

Still prefer Holmgren/Gruden over Baalke/whoever.
              i would love if that happened...the obvious needs are at qb, cb, pass rush, and a legit center who's healthy and that's their normal playing position ie: david bass guard should play guard not center and who knows if he will come back.

Comment

Thats why he didnt get a QB. He had Grbac and Cunningham. Grbac signed a huge contract but retired after a year. Personally, I think the Ravens would have repeated if they stayed with Cunningham as the starting QB. Either way, he's not first on my list but above others. Billick cant do any worse than Nolan and/or Singletary and is still a huge upgrade and would be the best head coach since Mariucci.

As for being division champs, everyone including us thought that this year. How did that work out? And when you say QB? Who exactly? A rookie? A veteran? In between? I think we need more than QB to win the division. We need two new starting CB's, a playmaking FS and another DE opposite Smith. Plus, we need a veteran RG that allows Davis to just go one on one and hope tht he cant do that.

What York says and does are two different things. Unless he hires someone else to be the GM, everyone will know that the "search" was nothing more than a sham. He's just going through the motions in my opinion. He interviewed Lombardi who I would think is far more qualified tha Baalke but yet even he thinks that Baalke will be the next GM. And York is going to hire the GM that hires the HC that he (Jed) wants. If you cant see that then you're just as blind as he is.
                Elvis Grbac was terrible in his short tenure with Baltimore. Bringing him only shoots down your argument even more. Fans hated him and didn't mind when he got hurt and replaced by Randall, who didn't fair any better himself. Those guys sucked. It just mad the Ravens look worse for not keeping Dilfer, who wasn't great either, but at least they won a championship with him at the helm. And after that the downward spiral just continued. Chris Redman, Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright, etc. Joe Flacco in his third season is already the career leader in passing yardage for the Ravens. Billick not doing worse than Nolan/Singletary is no reason to just settle for him.

I thought Alex would take the next step as the quarterback for this team. He clearly failed at that, and it was mostly due to bad playcalling and lack of a good quarterback that we lost. Sam Bradford is probably the best in the division (which isn't saying much at all) and his team is in position for a playoff spot already...one year after the team was a complete mess (and still is in the big picture). Shows how much even a decent starter can do for your team. As for "which" quarterback we need to get, I don't know. A veteran, a rookie, Nate Davis, doesn't matter. As long as the coaching staff gets that person to play great football then who cares. Someone who will at best take two years to "get it"...and someone not named Alex Smith or the current roster.

As for Jed, you look pretty foolish to call me blind when you're the one that is believing a conclusion that has no basis to be made in the first place. You already believe York is going to do this or that when he hasn't even done it yet. Even when the words come from his own mouth that he won't be involved in football operations it doesn't matter to you does it? The man is a liar and tyrant in your book with no possible way of actually making good decisions. I'm sorry your clouded judgment can't be helped. You're the one that actually believes Tomsula will be the next head coach. That should everyone how much water your argument holds.
                Last edited by Ness; 01-02-2011, 09:02 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  Elvis Grbac was terrible in his short tenure with Baltimore. Bringing him only shoots down your argument even more. Fans hated him and didn't mind when he got hurt and replaced by Randall, who didn't fair any better himself. Those guys sucked. It just mad the Ravens look worse for not keeping Dilfer, who wasn't great either, but at least they won a championship with him at the helm. And after that the downward spiral just continued. Chris Redman, Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright, etc. Joe Flacco in his third season is already the career leader in passing yardage for the Ravens. Billick not doing worse than Nolan/Singletary is no reason to just settle for him.

I thought Alex would take the next step as the quarterback for this team. He clearly failed at that, and it was mostly due to bad playcalling and lack of a good quarterback that we lost. Sam Bradford is probably the best in the division (which isn't saying much at all) and his team is in position for a playoff spot already...one year after the team was a complete mess (and still is in the big picture). Shows how much even a decent starter can do for your team. As for "which" quarterback we need to get, I don't know. A veteran, a rookie, Nate Davis, doesn't matter. As long as the coaching staff gets that person to play great football then who cares. Someone who will at best take two years to "get it"...and someone not named Alex Smith or the current roster.

As for Jed, you look pretty foolish to call me blind when you're the one that is believing a conclusion that has no basis to be made in the first place. You already believe York is going to do this or that when he hasn't even done it yet. Even when the words come from his own mouth that he won't be involved in football operations it doesn't matter to you does it? The man is a liar and tyrant in your book with no possible way of actually making good decisions. I'm sorry your clouded judgment can't be helped. You're the one that actually believes Tomsula will be the next head coach. That should everyone how much water your argument holds.
                  Grbac was horrible. I'm not arguing that. All im saying is that Billick wouldnt be the worst HC that we could get. He's not my first choice as you know but you make a list and you go down the list.

QB wise, we just have to wait and see who we aquire.

I'm not the only one who believes that York is just going through the motions before promoting Baalke. Ask yourself this question - if Jed was serious, wouldnt he ask for permission tomorrow to interview guys who are already under contract with other teams? From what I have read, Jed isnt going to do that. All he's done is interview people who have been out of the NFL for a year or more. And yes, I know that he cant interview people who are under contract with other teams (even though it happens all the damn time) but you would think that you would at least read rumors about who he's going to ask permission to interview but instead, nothing.

He wants Harbaugh and obviously, Baalke is on board or Jed wouldnt make him the next GM because it would interfere what he wants to do. Its a sham whether you want to believe it or not. When every NFL insider and those who know whats going on says it, its usually true. And I hope im wrong but if in two years, we're still having the same conversation that we're havng now, then you'll know that it wasnt me who has a clouded judgement. I didnt sa that Tomsula will be the next HC. I said that if Jed fails to get Harbaugh that I wouldnt be surprised if Jed makes him the permanent HC.

I'm not going to say another word in regards to who the next GM/HC will be. I'll just wait and see what happens before I comment again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                    LOL. Hilarious.

Comment

• Bye Alex. I won't miss you.

Those close to Smith say he is ready for a change of scenery and has no plan of re-signing with the 49ers. And, of course, it would be unprecedented for a new coach to wish to retain a quarterback that played for two fired coaches.
                      Click here.

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
                        im 99.9% sure we have 7th pick in the draft.
                        Nice the win only cost us 2 spots. Was worried that SF would fall to 10. Very, very, very early but who everyone zeroing on with pick 7? Cam Newton/Patrick Patterson my guys for now.

Also reading the last 5 pages I am pretty certain I have surpassed all the reading I did last semster. haha

Edit- Too lazy to go through the thread but Dan, but Harbaugh has developed Andrew Luck and Josh Johnson in his two head coaching stints.
                        Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 01-02-2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          Bye Alex. I won't miss you.

Click here.
                          He needs to go both sides need fresh starts. Going to be interesting to see how FA plays out for him. Finished the year with 11:3 TD/INT ratio in his last 7 games. Would be a good back up or bridge in NE, Carolina, Ari, Det. Still think he has a chance to be a serviceable starter in a functioning offense.

Comment

• .....and the ******* Seahawks win the division with a 7-9 record...

What could have been....

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                              Nice the win only cost us 2 spots. Was worried that SF would fall to 10. Very, very, very early but who everyone zeroing on with pick 7? Cam Newton/Patrick Patterson my guys for now.

Also reading the last 5 pages I am pretty certain I have surpassed all the reading I did last semster. haha

Edit- Too lazy to go through the thread but Dan, but Harbaugh has developed Andrew Luck and Josh Johnson in his two head coaching stints.
                              We're tied with 5 or 6 teams at 6-10 so is it a guarantee that we have the 7th pick? If so, im not as pissed as I would have been if it was outside the top ten. All depends on which QB's declare for the Draft. I'm hoping all three juniors declare and jump ahead of Locker. Dream scenario would be to trade down a few spots, draft CB Patrick Peterson and then trade back into the first round for Locker.

And yeah, I know Harbaugh has developed Luck and Johnson at the college level. Just hope if we get him, he can do it at te NFL level.

Comment

We're tied with 5 or 6 teams at 6-10 so is it a guarantee that we have the 7th pick? If so, im not as pissed as I would have been if it was outside the top ten. All depends on which QB's declare for the Draft. I'm hoping all three juniors declare and jump ahead of Locker. Dream scenario would be to trade down a few spots, draft CB Patrick Peterson and then trade back into the first round for Locker.

And yeah, I know Harbaugh has developed Luck and Johnson at the college level. Just hope if we get him, he can do it at te NFL level.
                                Could be wrong but believe SOS of the 49ers gives them tie breaker over the other teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information