Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 49ersnews forum has a nice round up of rumors involving Jim Harbaugh:
    http://49ersnews.com/forum/index.php...d/page__st__60
    Main points
    - 49ers will match any offer to Harbaugh
    - Jeff Fisher is the back up plan if he is fired and if Harbaugh declines SF offer.
    Really not sure how to process Fisher as the back up plan but love the aggressive pursuit that Jed is doing to reel in Harbaugh.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      We're tied with 5 or 6 teams at 6-10 so is it a guarantee that we have the 7th pick? If so, im not as pissed as I would have been if it was outside the top ten. All depends on which QB's declare for the Draft. I'm hoping all three juniors declare and jump ahead of Locker. Dream scenario would be to trade down a few spots, draft CB Patrick Peterson and then trade back into the first round for Locker.

      And yeah, I know Harbaugh has developed Luck and Johnson at the college level. Just hope if we get him, he can do it at te NFL level.
      Harbaugh played something like 10+ seasons at QB in the NFL, I think he knows a thing or two about the position.

      Also, it says something that his only two QBs that he coached in college are both in/will-be in the NFL

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        49ersnews forum has a nice round up of rumors involving Jim Harbaugh:
        http://49ersnews.com/forum/index.php...d/page__st__60
        Main points
        - 49ers will match any offer to Harbaugh
        - Jeff Fisher is the back up plan if he is fired and if Harbaugh declines SF offer.
        Really not sure how to process Fisher as the back up plan but love the aggressive pursuit that Jed is doing to reel in Harbaugh.
        Hope he's able to get Harbaugh since I dont want another defensive based HC.

        Comment


        • got a text from my buddy who lives in the bay area & stated that the 49ers & Harbaugh are in the making. 5-6 years 30 million is the believed offer. Jeff Fisher is the backup plan. Trent Baalke better get it right in this draft - i'm going to be pissed if we take a guard, kicker, or someone random when in reality we need a qb, cb, olb/de starting off in the first few rounds.

          i do however like the receivers coming out of Boise State & J.Rodgers from Oregon State ( and no, it's not because i went to OSU myself )

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
            got a text from my buddy who lives in the bay area & stated that the 49ers & Harbaugh are in the making. 5-6 years 30 million is the believed offer. Jeff Fisher is the backup plan. Trent Baalke better get it right in this draft - i'm going to be pissed if we take a guard, kicker, or someone random when in reality we need a qb, cb, olb/de starting off in the first few rounds.

            i do however like the receivers coming out of Boise State & J.Rodgers from Oregon State ( and no, it's not because i went to OSU myself )
            The Big Lead is reporting that Harbaugh to Michigan is dead.
            http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011...-a-tough-spot/

            If that is true gotta believe SF would be the favorites to land him.

            Comment


            • If I were Stanford I'd be getting pretty pissed by now, this sort of speculation is exactly the same as talking to someone whilst they're under contract and the players have a bowl game to prepare for.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post

                What Jed says and does are two different things. He also said that the GM will hire the HC. Give me a break. He's more full of crap than poetry. And if Harbaugh falls through, it wouldnt surprise me at all if he just keeps Tomsula as the HC.
                Jed, like every other owner, player and coach will be cliche with the media and do something different than what he says. It's called pro sports. This kind of occurrence is nothing new. They're all full of crap.

                You're lost about Tomsula being a HC candidate for the Niners. Jed would not consider him as his main goal is to get the new stadium built, and you can't sell that idea with Tomsula as the HC. That's why they are targeting a proven "name" coach. Do your homework.


                #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                  If I were Stanford I'd be getting pretty pissed by now, this sort of speculation is exactly the same as talking to someone whilst they're under contract and the players have a bowl game to prepare for.
                  Yep, it's all about the money for these college coaches. It's a jacked up system that is a major catalyst for this happening. Look at what the UConn coach did to his team after a bowl win; he didn't tell the players and took a different plane than the team to his new job in Maryland. Ouch.


                  #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                  "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                  Comment


                  • I was listening to Colin Cowherd on The Herd today and he said that according to someone he knows in the NFL the 49ers are going to hire an "exceptional" GM that any coach would want to play for in the next 48 hours. The source didn't want him to announce who it was so he just sat on the name.

                    edit: Now that I think about it, his source was probably just Trent Dilfer because Dilfer and Colin are friends and Trent was raving about Baalke last week on the radio. So probably nothing new.
                    Last edited by Arsenal; 01-03-2011, 12:31 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                      Jed, like every other owner, player and coach will be cliche with the media and do something different than what he says. It's called pro sports. This kind of occurrence is nothing new. They're all full of crap.

                      You're lost about Tomsula being a HC candidate for the Niners. Jed would not consider him as his main goal is to get the new stadium built, and you can't sell that idea with Tomsula as the HC. That's why they are targeting a proven "name" coach. Do your homework.
                      Yes, I know that which is why I have said it several times.

                      I never said that Tomsula was a HC candidate. I said if Harbaugh falls through and the same thing happens like what happened when Sing was trying to hire an OC, I wouldnt be surprised if Jed just kept Tomsula as the permanent HC.

                      As for the stadium, if they want it built, they should pay for it themselves instead of the hard working tax payers. Its always the little people who get screwed over. They pay for the stadium themselves and wham, it gets approved.

                      A proven "name" coach??? Hmmm, sorry, I dont consider Harbaugh to be a proven "name" coach because while he's been successful in the college ranks doesnt mean that he'll be able to do the same in the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                        I was listening to Colin Cowherd on The Herd today and he said that according to someone he knows in the NFL the 49ers are going to hire an "exceptional" GM that any coach would want to play for in the next 48 hours. The source didn't want him to announce who it was so he just sat on the name.

                        edit: Now that I think about it, his source was probably just Trent Dilfer because Dilfer and Colin are friends and Trent was raving about Baalke last week on the radio. So probably nothing new.
                        Exceptional GM??? I didnt know Bill Walsh came back from the dead. LOL.

                        Seriously though, if Baalke becomes the GM (which I think is 100%), how is he "exceptional"???? LMAO.

                        Comment


                        • Let's move on a little -

                          If Harbaugh does become our next HC, who do you guys want to be the OC and do you guys think that he'll stay with the 3-4 and Manusky or switch back to he 4-3 and bring in a new DC?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                            Let's move on a little -

                            If Harbaugh does become our next HC, who do you guys want to be the OC and do you guys think that he'll stay with the 3-4 and Manusky or switch back to he 4-3 and bring in a new DC?
                            oc's i'd be ok with :
                            josh mccdaniels
                            brad childress
                            mike mularkey - if new coach can get him to leave
                            hugh jackson

                            dc:
                            wade phillips

                            Comment


                            • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-in-san-fran/

                              Woohoo!!!! Now, im starting to get happy. :)

                              Comment


                              • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-in-san-fran/

                                Latest rumours...

                                Lombardi-Harbaugh would be an ideal combination imo.

                                edit: Dammit Dan. You were born to frustrate me! :P

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information