Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HAHAHAHA. I'm on vacation for two weeks so yeah, im online a lot. LOL.

    Comment


    • Well maybe Colin was actually talking about Lombardi not Baalke.

      I'd really like it too. Brings in someone who's been around guys like Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick, Al Davis (pre-senile) his whole career.

      I had kind of gotten the feeling Harbaugh wasn't the biggest Baalke fan and these new rumors just seem to confirm it.

      Comment


      • VP of PP - Baalke
        GM - Lombardi
        HC - Harbaugh

        Very very happy if this happens.

        Comment


        • That would be a dream scenario.

          "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            VP of PP - Baalke
            GM - Lombardi
            HC - Harbaugh

            Very very happy if this happens.
            Very good scenario. I wouldn't be mad at all. Lombardi used to work the 49ers as an area scout under Bill Walsh too. I don't see the rush to promote Baalke as GM, i highly doubt some team tries to take him this year, he's fine where he is IMO. And if we get Harbaugh he'll probably be calling most of the shots too.

            Also guys, last night on the NBC pregame Jeff Fisher was mentioned as a fallback choice for the 49ers if we can't get Harbaugh. What would you guys think of Jeff Fisher as a plan B?

            Comment


            • Vernon Davis had perhaps the most poignant quote when describing what went wrong early in the season. "Guys were ... guys were just a little ... scared, I should say. They were scared. They were more worried about coach Singletary getting on them instead of playing football. But you have to understand him (Singletary). If you don't understand the guy, then you're not going to be able to relate to him. And I think that's what the problem was with most guys. They were scared, worried about dropping passes and missing tackles and stuff instead of just going out and being themselves. But he left, and guys started being a little easy."
              Can't say i'm surprized.

              Comment


              • I don't know why some folks think Alex is coming back. Even he most likely doesn't want to return.

                When the NFL players union and the owners agree on a new collective bargaining agreement, Smith will be a free agent for the first time in his career. He will be free to leave the 49ers and choose where he goes next.

                "I think the attractive thing is finally having a say in where you go, where you're going to be," Smith said Monday. "I haven't had that chance up until now."

                Clearly, Smith has no desire to return to San Francisco -- though he diplomatically answered he would not rule out anything.
                Click here.

                "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                  Also guys, last night on the NBC pregame Jeff Fisher was mentioned as a fallback choice for the 49ers if we can't get Harbaugh. What would you guys think of Jeff Fisher as a plan B?
                  I like Fisher and he has respect around the league but if he goes free, I think the Cowboys would look to dump Garrett to grab him as he has a friendship with Jerry Jones. Billick would be high on my list if Harbaugh didn't work out.

                  I do like the idea of:

                  VP of PP - Baalke
                  GM - Lombardi
                  HC - Harbaugh

                  I'm wondering if Lombardi wants to have Baalke work with him? That chemistry would need to be great as well. I'm thinking that Jed asked Lombardi about Baalke in their interview last week and perhaps Lombardi didn't want to work with Baalke or was picking up on Jed's favoritism to keep him on staff, thus why he reported that Baalke was the favorite to win the job.


                  #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                  "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
                    Very good scenario. I wouldn't be mad at all. Lombardi used to work the 49ers as an area scout under Bill Walsh too. I don't see the rush to promote Baalke as GM, i highly doubt some team tries to take him this year, he's fine where he is IMO. And if we get Harbaugh he'll probably be calling most of the shots too.

                    Also guys, last night on the NBC pregame Jeff Fisher was mentioned as a fallback choice for the 49ers if we can't get Harbaugh. What would you guys think of Jeff Fisher as a plan B?
                    Yep, its a very good scenario and I think all of us 49er fans would be happy if that happens. I would give Baalke a pay raise and an extension just to make sure he stays for years to come. I think that we could finally have a damn good combination.

                    And yeah, I know about Fisher being a plan B as I was the one who posted it last night from Peter King. Not interested in Fisher at all. If I was going to hire yet another defensive minded Head Coach, mine as well go afer Cowher especially sinc he ran the 3-4 while he was in PIT.

                    Originally posted by Ness
                    I don't know why some folks think Alex is coming back. Even he most likely doesn't want to return.
                    Have to wait and see what happens. I still think he goes to SEA as the starter and we get Hasselbeck as the veteran backup. Wouldnt mind him coming back as the backup but not at the expense of Davis.

                    Comment


                    • Blaine Gabbert declared, should give the team 4 potential QB picks with their 1st rounder, depending on how the chips fall.

                      Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett, Gabbert, and Jake Locker are all big risk/big potential guys it seems like. Ugh, hope they are able to get it right. I know not even Andrew Luck is a guaranteed safe pick but he's the only one I'd have no worries about. The others all worry me.

                      Judging from the buzz right now it seems kind of like...

                      Andrew Luck - #1
                      Cam Newton - Top 10
                      Ryan Mallet - Top 10-Mid 1st
                      Blaine Gabbert- Top 10-Mid 1st
                      Jake Locker - Mid-Late 1st

                      Going to be pretty fluid depending on the team though. Looks like 1999 when Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Daunte Culpper, and Cade McNown were all 1st rounders. Let's hope this class ends up better than that....
                      Last edited by Arsenal; 01-03-2011, 06:30 PM.

                      Comment


                      • What about Mangini as DC?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                          Blaine Gabbert declared, should give the team 4 potential QB picks with their 1st rounder, depending on how the chips fall.

                          Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett, Gabbert, and Jake Locker are all big risk/big potential guys it seems like. Ugh, hope they are able to get it right. I know not even Andrew Luck is a guaranteed safe pick but he's the only one I'd have no worries about. The others all worry me.

                          Judging from the buzz right now it seems kind of like...

                          Andrew Luck - #1
                          Cam Newton - Top 10
                          Ryan Mallet - Top 10-Mid 1st
                          Blaine Gabbert- Top 10-Mid 1st
                          Jake Locker - Mid-Late 1st

                          Going to be pretty fluid depending on the team though. Looks like 1999 when Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Daunte Culpper, and Cade McNown were all 1st rounders. Let's hope this class ends up better than that....
                          I just threw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about some of those picks from 1999. The 2005 Draft (in which it was the ONLY time the Niners had the #1 pick) still seems to be the worst in history though.....sadly.

                          I agree with your assessment and early estimations on rankings for these QBs. Out of the "risky" tier of QBs under Luck you mentioned, I currently like Locker the most as a pro prospect, with Mallet and Newton being tied for 2nd. I'm watching more video from all of them soon, and want the draft process to start so we can see more of these guys. I'm hoping that they all compete in the combine, but I doubt it, especially with Cam.

                          Many of the early round QB picks that have faired well in recent years have come form pro-style offenses. Out of the guys mentioned above, Gabbert would have the most trouble immediately transitioning to the pro game, despite his measurables.


                          #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                          "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                          Comment


                          • The only other QBs I see taking in round are only Locker and Mallet ( netwon hype overrated) if we don't get some one there . I say we wait until round 4 or 5 and get some one like Ricky Stanzi or Andy Dalton.I really his showing at the Rose bowl .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              Have to wait and see what happens. I still think he goes to SEA as the starter and we get Hasselbeck as the veteran backup. Wouldnt mind him coming back as the backup but not at the expense of Davis.
                              Not really. It's pretty much a done deal. Not even speculation at this point. There is no basis for a conclusion that Alex will be back. As a matter of fact there is a boatload of evidence to support his departure.

                              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                              Comment


                              • There's also some of evidence that he'll go to Seattle (McCloughan picking up his former draft picks).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information