X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    This is a better pic...

Looks good to me. I was actually visualizing a SF logo on his hat last night during the Orange Bowl. The man looks pretty good in Red. Real men don't wear teal so that easily eliminates the Dolphins. And who would want to go freeze their a$$ off in Denver to re-build the McDaniels-ized Broncos?!

C'mon Harbaugh. Bring your pen with you to your Niners interview this week. Time to sign up and get rocking!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I wonder if they'll bring in one of the other candidates they interviewed for the GM spot to take Trent's old job. I think bringing in a seasoned front office guy (that doesn't have a power trip and need the GM title) to mesh well with Baalke would be the right move.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iners-g-m-gig/

Not surprised one bit that Baalke is the new GM and why do I get the feeling that Harbaugh wont be coming to SF and we'll get stuck with yet another crapper???

Really wanted a Lombardi/Harbaugh combo. Oh well, whatever.
        Harbaugh is Jed's top target, no way would Jed hire Baalke if Harbaugh didn't OK it. Jed may be stupid and young but he knows whats at stake here. Case in point...

The source also emphasized that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh remains far and away the teamís No. 1 target and has signed off on either Lombardi or Baalke as the GM.
        http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...ombardi-as-gm/

I expect to see something happen within the next 48 hours. Can't wait, its going to be exciting.

Comment

• So is their a slight chance guys that we got after Luck if he comes out?I would so not mind at all giving up a few draft picks and a player for him. What do you all think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
            So is their a slight chance guys that we got after Luck if he comes out?I would so not mind at all giving up a few draft picks and a player for him. What do you all think?
            I just think the price would be so steep, and with Gabbert, Newton, Mallett,Locker I would hope we could find a quarterback that Harbough would like.

2011 First - Swap
            2011 Second
            2011 Third
            2012 First
            [Player]

That's too much for me. Especially since the only players that would be worth a damn in a trade are part of our young core.
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• If Andrew Luck is there I really can't see the Panthers trading him. Only remote possibility would be a Elway/Eli style trade demand. Luck is clearly head and shoulders above every other quarterback in this draft and has been getting buzz as the best quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning or even John Elway and that is only going to drive the price up.

Here's what Scott said about it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              Ha, for San Francisco to go from #7 to #1 for Luck it would cost A TON.

I honestly can't even fathom the price.

I would think at least a 1st, 2nd and 3rd plus one or two future #1's.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                Harbaugh is Jed's top target, no way would Jed hire Baalke if Harbaugh didn't OK it. Jed may be stupid and young but he knows whats at stake here. Case in point...

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...ombardi-as-gm/

I expect to see something happen within the next 48 hours. Can't wait, its going to be exciting.
                I hope so but I still think going with Baalke over Lombardi is a bad decision in general. I knew Lombardi was experienced and worked with Walsh but after reading his profile on wikipedia, he's far better than I thought he was and easily blows away Baalke. What pisses me off is that when Jed had his press conference a week ago to announce what he was doing, he said that he was going to look for the best qualified GM and HC that could also work together. Sorry, but Lombardi is easily more qualified than Baalke plus since he worked with Harbaugh, at least there's a relationship there where as there's none between Baalke and Harbaugh.

Have to wait and see what happens. Was just hoping and hyped for a Lombardi/Harbaugh combo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arsenal
                  If Andrew Luck is there I really can't see the Panthers trading him. Only remote possibility would be a Elway/Eli style trade demand. Luck is clearly head and shoulders above every other quarterback in this draft and has been getting buzz as the best quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning or even John Elway and that is only going to drive the price up.

Here's what Scott said about it.
                  Originally Posted by Scott Wright
                  Ha, for San Francisco to go from #7 to #1 for Luck it would cost A TON.

I honestly can't even fathom the price.

I would think at least a 1st, 2nd and 3rd plus one or two future #1's.
                  Thats way too much to give up. The last time that the number one overall draft pick was traded was in 2004 - Eli Manning was traded to the Giants for their 2004 first round draft pick (which was QB Philip Rivers), their 2004 third round draft pick and their 2005 first round draft pick. When you add up the points using the draft pick trade chart, that equals 3265. 265 points more than what the first overall pick is worth and I disagree that the price goes up if Luck pulls an Elway/Eli because if he doesnt want to play in CAR, that gives them no leverage especially since he could just sit out a year and then re-enter the draft in 2012. If anything, it lowers the demands because if you're CAR, do you really want to waste the first overall draft pick on a player who doesnt want to play for you and could just sit out while you get nothing in return?

Granted, Luck may be a far better prospect than Eli but that doesnt matter because if you're CAR, would you rather get something in return or nothing at all plus waste the first overall draft pick on a player who could sit out a year and re-enter the draft in 2012?

Thats a tough decision. Of course, if we dont get Harbaugh, none of this will matter anyway but if we do, I personally wouldnt trade away more than what the Giants gave up for Eli.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                    I hope so but I still think going with Baalke over Lombardi is a bad decision in general. I knew Lombardi was experienced and worked with Walsh but after reading his profile on wikipedia, he's far better than I thought he was and easily blows away Baalke. What pisses me off is that when Jed had his press conference a week ago to announce what he was doing, he said that he was going to look for the best qualified GM and HC that could also work together. Sorry, but Lombardi is easily more qualified than Baalke plus since he worked with Harbaugh, at least there's a relationship there where as there's none between Baalke and Harbaugh.

Have to wait and see what happens. Was just hoping and hyped for a Lombardi/Harbaugh combo.
                    I agree that it was very weird that Jed said specifically we would hire an experienced GM, do a thorough search, and have the GM hire the HC. All of that is pretty much false. He either changed his mind quickly (doubt it) or it was a PR sham that got exposed. Anyways, its Harbaugh or bust now. Get Harbaugh and nobody will care. It goes two ways. Harbaugh is a solid coach, and he brings hope to the team. Get a retread like Mularkey and people will freak out. Mularkey would be decent if we had a strong GM, like Floyd Reese or something. Jed has a stadium to build and tickets to sell, Baalke/Mularkey isn't going to give disillusioned fans any hope.

Comment

• My trade idea was package our 2nd and 3rd rounders to move up pick #24. Offer up #7, #24, 2012 1st and 3rd rounder for Pick #1. But no way Carolina moves that pick. It would be a riot in all of Carolina if they didn't draft Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                        I agree that it was very weird that Jed said specifically we would hire an experienced GM, do a thorough search, and have the GM hire the HC. All of that is pretty much false. He either changed his mind quickly (doubt it) or it was a PR sham that got exposed. Anyways, its Harbaugh or bust now. Get Harbaugh and nobody will care. It goes two ways. Harbaugh is a solid coach, and he brings hope to the team. Get a retread like Mularkey and people will freak out. Mularkey would be decent if we had a strong GM, like Floyd Reese or something. Jed has a stadium to build and tickets to sell, Baalke/Mularkey isn't going to give disillusioned fans any hope.
                        I said that what Jed said in his press conference was a sham and with him promoting Baalke to GM over Lombardi just proves it. It makes no sense whatsoever. If Jed is willing to go out and spend $6m per season for Harbaugh, why not pay Lombardi what he's looking for? After all, if you'e going to spend the money for the head coach, mine as well go all out for Lombardi too.

Mularky??? UGH. If we dont get Harbaugh, Jed should go right after Gruden. If he cant get Gruden, Billick would be next on my list.

I'm not happy right now at all. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                          My trade idea was package our 2nd and 3rd rounders to move up pick #24. Offer up #7, #24, 2012 1st and 3rd rounder for Pick #1. But no way Carolina moves that pick. It would be a riot in all of Carolina if they didn't draft Luck.
                          So, basically, this year's first, second, third and 2012's 1st and 3rd? Thats insane. You're basically trading away five potential starters for Luck and next year's second rounder. Thats way too much in my opinion. No way would I do that. Of course, first things first. Let's wait to see who the HC will be and second, if its Harbaugh, have to wait and see if Luck declares or stays at Stanford.

Comment

• Couldn't the 49ers offer like two draft picks , one high profile player and some cash for the number pick instead of all picks.Because that is way too man give up for overall pick.Darn well we can go after Locker then hes just as good if you give him talent around him to support him in the pocket .

Comment

• What makes everyone think Harbaugh cant find another Andrew Luck out there? Surely a top grade QB wouldn't choose Stanford as his college of 1st choice would he? So maybe Harbaugh has proved he can turn a QB talent into the real deal at college level why cant he do it again in the pro's? Give him a few years and a QB that's off the radar today could be our next big thing (think Tom Brady for example).

Interesting to see what Baalke & Harbaugh make of Alex Smith - maybe its not over yet??

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                                What makes everyone think Harbaugh cant find another Andrew Luck out there? Surely a top grade QB wouldn't choose Stanford as his college of 1st choice would he? So maybe Harbaugh has proved he can turn a QB talent into the real deal at college level why cant he do it again in the pro's? Give him a few years and a QB that's off the radar today could be our next big thing (think Tom Brady for example).

Interesting to see what Baalke & Harbaugh make of Alex Smith - maybe its not over yet??
                                Well, considering Luck was one of the top QB prospects in the country when he went to Stanford...idk where youre goin with that.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information