Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbaugh is likely to be hired as the 49ers’ head coach, possibly as soon as tomorrow night, the source said.
    from the mercury news

personally im stoked about it, i think that harbaugh should be able to develop a great qb for the niners, hopefully someone he handpicks in the draft that he feels he'll be able to mold. i'm really hopeful for this draft

Comment

• I just thought of this just now but what if Harbaugh brings in Josh Johnson at QB? He was his first NFL QB he coached...

or is he just equal to guys like Troy Smith and Nate Davis?

Comment

• Looks like it's good as gold. If we get Harbaugh it will be worth the losing season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          Well, considering Luck was one of the top QB prospects in the country when he went to Stanford...idk where youre goin with that.
          Any site I've looked at had Luck as the 4th - 7th best QB prospect entering college. My point is that he was not a clear no.1 & still required development into the cant miss lock he's now tabbed as. Clearly Harbaugh had an influence in shaping him & who's to say that cant be done again with a QB potentially out of the spotlight? It may be 2 or 3 years but he may not feel the need to take a 1st rd QB this year.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• I am in Indy.

What I remember of Harbaugh the player is that he was known as "Captain Comeback"

Looking at the teams now they won more than they were fit to in 94 95 96. Caught up to them in 1997.

Harbaugh's stats show a grinder that earned his nickname. He tried to get a few 1st downs every game with his legs. Was a bit reckless at times with the football doing it.

What he did do was get over 60% completion when that meant something and limit the INTs.
            As a Colt it was 2.1% with TD double @ 4.0%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
              What do you all think?
              I wouldn't even pay that price. I'd take a CB and trade back into the first for Gabbert.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• the fact that McShay likes Gabbert so much makes me worried...

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                  the fact that McShay likes Gabbert so much makes me worried...
                  McShay putting Gabbert in the top 5 is purely to make it a conversation starter. Thus, he's accomplished the goal of getting you to talk about it, which means that someone will go to the ESPN site, or watch ESPN, and that's their endgame.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    I wouldn't even pay that price. I'd take a CB and trade back into the first for Gabbert.
                    The Luck talk can pretty much stop. This is pretty much my dream situation Brent. Amukamara at 7 and then to trade back into the bottom of the 1st round for whichever QB is sliding. I think that out of Mallett, Locker, Newton, and Gabbert that at least 1 of them will slide.

Comment

• What QB's do you guys like this year after the "Big 5" that may be more of a "sleeper" pick in Rounds 2-7? Surely through the Draft process, there will be a small school guy like Flacco with good size and skill set that has been previously overlooked that rises up Draft Boards.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                        I just thought of this just now but what if Harbaugh brings in Josh Johnson at QB? He was his first NFL QB he coached...

or is he just equal to guys like Troy Smith and Nate Davis?
                        Thought crossed my mind as well. Would be good to bring someone in with experience in the system. Not sure if the Bucs will part with him because remember they were grooming him as their long term back up and I'm not sure if I would give up anything higher then a 5th rounder for him.

Comment

• Nate Davis not re-signed:
                          http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-dont-loc.html

I will always have this memory
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5UKir1Py70
                          Never forget, God speed Nate.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                            Nate Davis not re-signed:

Davis not being signed could be due to uncertainty about new HC and whether they want to keep him or not. Still, would be nice to see if Harbaugh could turn Davis into a NFL QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                              Nate Davis not re-signed:

That's disappointing. All the physical talent required to play the position, you would think you could do a lot worse than Nate Davis as your #3 going forward.
                              Originally posted by Babylon
                              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Harbaugh is NOT the 49ers HC yet. The Michigan job is now officially open, and despite the previous rumors, I think they are our biggest competition for Harbaugh. If they don't lock in Harbaugh by this time tomorrow, the chance to sign him dwindles significantly IMHO. Hope they get him to put pen to paper and not even leave the bay to listen to other offers.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information