This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
    Harbaugh is NOT the 49ers HC yet. The Michigan job is now officially open, and despite the previous rumors, I think they are our biggest competition for Harbaugh. If they don't lock in Harbaugh by this time tomorrow, the chance to sign him dwindles significantly IMHO. Hope they get him to put pen to paper and not even leave the bay to listen to other offers.
    John Harbaugh not sure if his brother goes to UMich.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...n_is_done.html

[EDIT]
    & from Adam Schefter's Twitter feed
    Univ of Michigan AD Dave Brandon: "I personally believe Jim Harbaugh is headed to the NFL." ... Me, too.
    Last edited by Verloren; 01-05-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verloren View Post
      John Harbaugh not sure if his brother goes to UMich.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...n_is_done.html

[EDIT]
      & from Adam Schefter's Twitter feed
      Univ of Michigan AD Dave Brandon: "I personally believe Jim Harbaugh is headed to the NFL." ... Me, too.
      There's also this from Schefter's twitter on where Harbaugh will end up

RT @Aaron_barnett: What team u think Harbaugh will end up coaching? ... Not Miami, not Oakland, not Carolina, not Denver. Like SF today.
      http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...09164790784001

Better make this happen quick. With Baalke as the GM...its Harbaugh or bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
        There's also this from Schefter's twitter on where Harbaugh will end up

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...09164790784001

Better make this happen quick. With Baalke as the GM...its Harbaugh or bust.
        Need to because it could get messy if the Dolphins owner makes a play for him.
        http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011...-stephen-ross/

I am crossing my fingers that Tim Kawakami's info is right and this gets wrapped up manana....of course Kawakami said the 49ers would take Jimmy Clausen in round 1.

Comment

• Wheels are in motion:
          @AdamSchefter With assist to @mortreport, 49ers expected to meet today with Stanford HC Jim Harbaugh at undisclosed location away from team's facility.
          MaioccoCSN Jed York has not been at 49ers headquarters today. Things could happen quite quickly from here.
          Reel him in Jed.

Comment

• I think that, especially with the info coming from maiocco and schefter, we have a good/great chance of landing harbaugh today, or if not today within the next couple of days.

I am just praying he can mold someone into the qb of the future for us, god knows its been long enough

Comment

• I think we are the only team desperate enough to pay him what he wants. Looks like he is looking for a monster pay day.

We’re also told that Harbaugh wants $7 million per year, and that he is putting out the word that he was offered $5 million annually from Michigan (John Clayton says it was $5.2 million) in the hopes of leveraging even more from an NFL team.
              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-in-the-bush/

Comment

• how does that paycheck compare to the one that pete carroll got last year? you'd have to think with how hot of a commodity as he is seen as right now, as compared to what carroll was last year, that he'll want at least as much as carroll got

Comment

• Harbaugh needs to sign on the dotted line at that secret location meeting with the Niners today. That way, he can stare down Pete Carrol twice a year, knowing that he owns him.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-11-1...nt-kilimanjaro

What's the deal, Harbaugh?!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                  Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• 2011 Niners Draft Discussion Thread

Now that our season is over, and with the CBA in limbo who knows who the FAs will be, what direction do you guys think we will go in the draft. Obviously just about everyone feels that we need a qb in the first round, hopefully someone that harbaugh(hopefully) can groom into a great player, but where do we go after that?

Other positions I see us going is CB/S, especially with how deep this draft class is at corner, and some pass rushing OLBs as i'm not sure that we'll resign manny lawson.

some guys that I really liked while watching bowl games this year were Tank Carder from TCU, although he plays MLB but he did a great job of rushing the qb in that game and making plays. Another LB I really liked was Shane Skov from stanford, just had a heck of a game against a top offense

thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                      Harbaugh needs to sign on the dotted line at that secret location meeting with the Niners today. That way, he can stare down Pete Carrol twice a year, knowing that he owns him.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-11-1...nt-kilimanjaro

What's the deal, Harbaugh?!
                      although those losses were ridiculously hard to deal with as a trojan, I'd love to actually be on the winning side of that personal rivalry. LETS GO JED, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Comment

• *sits in front of laptop waiting to see what happens*

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          *sits in front of laptop waiting to see what happens*
                          /staring at my phone waiting for a twitter update from maiocco/schefter

jesus, i sure hope that this franchise finally gets something right, god knows its been long enough

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                            how does that paycheck compare to the one that pete carroll got last year? you'd have to think with how hot of a commodity as he is seen as right now, as compared to what carroll was last year, that he'll want at least as much as carroll got
                            I just read earlier today in one of the articles someone posted that Carroll received a 5 year, $33 mil contract last year, so $7 Mil per year would be a significant raise over that. At least with Jed presumable saving $ on Baalke, he can spend a little extra for Harbaugh!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman
                              I just read earlier today in one of the articles someone posted that Carroll received a 5 year, $33 mil contract last year, so $7 Mil per year would be a significant raise over that. At least with Jed presumable saving $ on Baalke, he can spend a little extra for Harbaugh!
                              See, thats what pisses me off. First, Jed says that he wants the most experienced and qualified person to be the GM. Second, Jed says that money wont be an issue. Well, if thats all true, he would have given Baalke a pay raise to keep him happy, hire Lombardi as GM and then give Harbaugh a five year $40m deal. Considering the amount of money that he's spent on Erickson, Nolan and Singletary, mine as well go all out since doing the opposite hasnt worked in the last eight years.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                See, thats what pisses me off. First, Jed says that he wants the most experienced and qualified person to be the GM. Second, Jed says that money wont be an issue. Well, if thats all true, he would have given Baalke a pay raise to keep him happy, hire Lombardi as GM and then give Harbaugh a five year $40m deal. Considering the amount of money that he's spent on Erickson, Nolan and Singletary, mine as well go all out since doing the opposite hasnt worked in the last eight years.
                                I believe money had zero to do with the GM hiring. Once Harbaugh signed off on Baalke Jed went with the guy who made him more comfortable. If Harbaugh wanted Lombardi Jed would have made it happen.

Happy to see I am not the only sitting in front of my twitter feed/computer waiting for updates. Heading to work in an hour were I barely get a signal so not sure how I will handle the next 5 1/2 hours of work.

Latest from Jed York's Number 2 La Confora
                                http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...9ers-wednesday

Another update from La Confora
                                JasonLaCanfora Hue Jackson did indeed interview with 49ers today. Lengthy. Went very well I'm told. Made a strong impression
                                Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 01-05-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information