X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
    I hope we set the price too high...
    Too high for Ross? No chance. He's in Forbes 100 i.e A BILLIONAIRE

The Ross School of Business at the U of M is named after him. $100+ million dollar DONATION!
    Last edited by phlysac; 01-05-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• La Confora says SF 2 million short per year. We offering $4.5 million and he wants $6.5 million. I am actually stunned that Jed York didn't offer him $6-$7 million that I first heard.
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...49ers-dolphins
      Refreshing to see that just like on the field the 49ers are struggling to close out this deal.

Peter King's opinion:
      SI_PeterKing If the Dolphins will offer Jim Harbaugh $7-$8m a year, which Chris Mortensen infers, 49ers should let him walk. That is insane.
      Don't agree with King. Jed needs to make this happen or else he will get grilled in the Bay by fans and media. Paying extra millions for good PR at this point.
      Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 01-05-2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        La Confora says SF 2 million short per year. We offering $4.5 million and he wants $6.5 million. I am actually stunned that Jed York didn't offer him $6-$7 million that I first heard.
        http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...49ers-dolphins
        Refreshing to see that just like on the field the 49ers are struggling to close out this deal.
        I'm getting the feeling that tomorrow morning we're going to see him wearing a Dolphins hat.

Does that make Hue Jackson next in line? If so, Oakland would be smart to offer before we can.
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• $7 to $8 million a year is insane. I love Harbaugh but let's not pretend he's risk free. He's still a college coach with 2 years of NFL experience at the coaching level. I don't see how that equals $7-8 million dollars. His buzz has just gotten ridiculous at this point, he's not Bill Belichick.

While I would be thrilled to wake up tomorrow with him as our coach, I would find it hard to bash Jed for not paying that much.

Comment

• Players money is gonna level off some with the new CBA. I don't mind the 2 mil more extra for a coach as that difference is well made up for with a playoff team.

Comment

• Latest from Schefter:
              AdamSchefter 49ers not officially out on Harbaugh, not yet anyway, but they're now prepared to move on. They won't compete financially with Fins.
              Mort also had this:
              mortreport 49ers' financial offer may not be same as Fins but Bay Area means no move for Harbaugh, plus multiple draft picks to build, get a QB
              It wasn't $7-$8 million before the Dolphins jumped in. Jed lowballed the hell out of him and his agent. I just think it is a joke that Jed set this all up for the last week as Harbaugh being option A, B, C and to lose him out at the last second. Like Dan pointed out Jed said money wouldn't get in the way and it has.

Comment

• I'm not really surprised by any of this. Jed is a moron and once I saw Baalke get promoted to GM, I knew our chances to get Harbaugh were less than what they would have been if he hired Lombardi. Now, add in the fact that Jed is offering $700,000 LESS than what Michigan is rumored to offer him is an insult and a slap to the face of every 49ers fan.

Guy doesnt know what the hell he's doing. I said it before and I'll say it again, instead of a new GM and or HC, cant we get a new owner instead?

UGH.

Comment

• Dolphins will be able to offer him more money plus in FLA, there's no city or state income tax (forgot which one) which means that he'll keep more of whatever Ross pays him.

And does Jed lowballing Harbaugh and his agent really surprise anyone here? It doesnt surprise me. After all, the last three HC's were Erickson, Nolan and Singletary who probably made less combined than what Harbaugh is looking to get paid for one season.
                  Last edited by dan77733; 01-05-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• For what it's worth... Jed York

Originally posted by Jed York's Twitter
                    .I have a good feeling about today. #49ers
                    About a minute ago
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Harbaugh pro contracts added up to about 20 mil. This is 1990s era. Not a small sum.

He isn't in a place like a lot of coaches looking at the millions and being blown away.

As long as 49ers are @ 5-ish that is good enough. You want the coach to have some reasons to ask for the keys to the team beyond the green.

Comment

• Kawakami update:
                        NFL source: 49ers are prepared to offer Harbaugh about $5M per over 5 years and believed Harbaugh was ready to accept. Until Miami called.
                        Why couldn't Miami have won their final game?

And another:
                        timkawakami Harbaugh left 6-hour meeting with York & Baalke said he had to listen to Steve Ross out of respect & would get back to them tomorrow.
                        It's going to be a long night.....

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                          For what it's worth... Jed York

About a minute ago
                          Hmmmm, im in NY and today ends in 23 minutes.

Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
                          Harbaugh pro contracts added up to about 20 mil. This is 1990s era. Not a small sum.

He isn't in a place like a lot of coaches looking at the millions and being blown away.

As long as 49ers are @ 5-ish that is good enough. You want the coach to have some reasons to ask for the keys to the team beyond the green.
                          See, this is what I hate. Considering the huge amount of money paid to players, why NOT pay HC's a lot of money in order to get who you want? Being a HC is a stressfull 24 hour a day, 365 days a year job. Even I know that its not easy but to have a press conference saying this and that and for it to turn out to be bullcrap (like I said it was) is well, bullcrap.

Plus, another cheap head coach will just equal cheap and pathetic results like we've seen since 2003. Enough said.

Comment

• Here's one more gem from Kawakami:
                            timkawakami NFL source: 49ers have had initial discussions with former Denver coach Josh McDaniels in lieu of possible Harbaugh-Miami deal.
                            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO /Darth Vader voice

Comment

• Billy....

See, that I dont understand. If Michigan offered Harbaugh $5.2m a season, why the hell would Jed offer less??? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Comment

• McDaniels???? UGH.

I hate this ******* cheap ass SOB!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information