X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    Billy....

See, that I dont understand. If Michigan offered Harbaugh $5.2m a season, why the hell would Jed offer less??? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    Rumor is that Harbaugh leaked the offer to get a bigger offer from one of the NFL clubs. So hard to fault Jed there. Looks like the plan has worked and got the biggest fish, no pun intended cause I'm sad, to create a bidding war.

Comment

• Well if we hire McDaniels I expect Patrick Willis to be traded for Tim Tebow and Vernon Davis for Laurence Maroney...

Comment

• I know that Harbaugh leaked the offer but is the offer legit? If so, I can understand wnating more money at the NFL level since everyone makes more money plus the stress and work hours easily surpass that of college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
          Well if we hire McDaniels I expect Patrick Willis to be traded for Tim Tebow and Vernon Davis for Laurence Maroney...
          Oh crap!!! Just had an AWESOME trade idea...........followme guys.....
          we trade.....
          Jed York to the CFL for a bag of chips and some fish.

What do you guys think???

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Michigan's AD denied making the $5.2 million offer.

Comment

I know that Harbaugh leaked the offer but is the offer legit? If so, I can understand wnating more money at the NFL level since everyone makes more money plus the stress and work hours easily surpass that of college.
              I would believe so. Can not imagine Michigan not making a big time offer to Harbaugh knowing that they have to compete with NFL clubs and all the other Michigan Man crap I have been hearing the last week and half to please their fanbase.

Comment

I know that Harbaugh leaked the offer but is the offer legit? If so, I can understand wnating more money at the NFL level since everyone makes more money plus the stress and work hours easily surpass that of college.
                I know a guy who coached College and is now in the Pros and apparently there is so much bs involved in the college game. Think about it, when the season's over as a coach in the NFL...the season is over. In college, you've already been on the recruiting trail for a million weeks.

Two different beasts, but from what i've been told the NFL is the best gig as far as work hours.
                Originally posted by Babylon
                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• ^^^^ I think that there's "BS" everywhere. LOL.

Comment

• The only capacity in which I'd be happy seeing McDaniels in sf is as the OC, and i think a lot of you guys agree with me on that. Harbaugh is tops on my list, but I'm afraid by Schefter's last tweet, mainly the part that says

the niners have prepared to move on and won't compete financially with the fins
                    this both goes against what jed said before that "money was not an obstacle" and is interesting as the quote states that we are prepared to on, but to who? the only candidate that has been interviewed is jackson, who i'm actually a fan of but i'd rather him be in a OC role than a HC, but it doesn't look like thats really an option. then with mcdaniels name surfacing, i almost want to kill myself but no other options have been outlined by anyone from the niners

Comment

• and just posted by Maiocco

Originally posted by Matt Maiocco
                      49ers team source tells me team is not ready to move on from possibility of Jim Harbaugh as couch, but they're definitely scouting out Plan B
                      makes you wonder what plan B is, and hopefully the other, non-monetary factors will help harbaugh stay in the bay

Comment

• Probably Jackson or McDaniels at this point.

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

This part is interesting -

"And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland."

But not surprising. You have to wonder if Harbaugh would accept less money if Lombardi was our GM instead of Baalke.

But whatever............im scouting too, for a new team because until the Yorks are gone 100%, there's no point because every time they have a chance to do something positive, it turns into a huge negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                            $7 to $8 million a year is insane. I love Harbaugh but let's not pretend he's risk free. He's still a college coach with 2 years of NFL experience at the coaching level. I don't see how that equals $7-8 million dollars. His buzz has just gotten ridiculous at this point, he's not Bill Belichick.

While I would be thrilled to wake up tomorrow with him as our coach, I would find it hard to bash Jed for not paying that much.
                            Yeah, Jed either looks desperate or cheap. Lose-lose scenario for him, but a good coaching hire would help. Harbaugh is still mostly unproven at the NFL level and is NOT the caliber of coaches like Belichick, or even close. That would take some time...and some championships.

Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
                            Harbaugh pro contracts added up to about 20 mil. This is 1990s era. Not a small sum.

He isn't in a place like a lot of coaches looking at the millions and being blown away.

As long as 49ers are @ 5-ish that is good enough. You want the coach to have some reasons to ask for the keys to the team beyond the green.
                            This is true. If he truly values the Niners and their tradition, the opportunity there is for him in SF and not needing to move his young family across the country, then their offer should be more than enough for him. If not, **** him, cause he wouldn't have the loyalty we're all hoping for to build and see through the next 49ers dynasty.

Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                            Well if we hire McDaniels I expect Patrick Willis to be traded for Tim Tebow and Vernon Davis for Laurence Maroney...
                            McDaniels would be a great hire....perhaps as an OC. He proved he wasn't quite ready to be a HC in the NFL just yet but he is an offensive coach (pun intended). Jed probably thinks McD fits the mold (ATL Falcons model) of a young, up-and-coming HC to match with his up-and-coming GM that he has in place already. What a joke. That move would look VERY desperate and set the team back even further.

At least he could tape the Niners practices legally next season. =/

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Well, i left home around 7 hours ago, and i was expecting to come back and hear that Harbaugh would be our coach.

Now i'm hearing that the Phins are about to sweep in out of nowhere and steal him? WHAT THE ****!?!?

Comment

• I'm sure that during their 6 hour meeting, they both (Niners and Harbaugh) laid all the cards on the table, negotiating personnel power, salary, etc. Once Harbaugh was sure that he had their best offer and the Niners wouldn't budge, he then gave them the 'ol "I'll sleep on it" deal to see what else he could drum up from the fins.

The Niners reports we're hearing about them being "ready to move on" is part of the negotiation. Negotiation 101 - It creates a sense of urgency for Harbaugh to sign on the dotted line quickly, instead of keeping the already ridiculous bidding war going. It also indicates that they've made their best offer to him for what they feel his value is to them and the franchise. If he doesn't want to take the job for what they feel is fair, they'll find someone else.

I'm sure that the Niners might have a little more wiggle room if it came down to it, but not $2 mil more per year, otherwise they would have likely offered it already, knowing that the Dolphins were ready to pounce on him with a big offer.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information