This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
    hahaha at the straight jacket comment, but really though. i have all the right to be upset about the choices made by some 29 yr old punk. i'm 28 & know it takes time to build an empire & productive system to work - meaning i woulden't feel the need to rush into a choice/decision i especially when there is a lot riding on this.
    all i want to see is my team to make it to the postseason. when this punk speaks, it doesn't exactly ooze of class. what i find baffling is that all the quality teams get recruited from. why wasn't anyone from atlanta, new england, new orleans, philadelphia ever spoken to?
    i want to feel like i can buy into this & right now i am not sold.
    I get what you're saying and this makes sense. You're last comment "oozed much more class" than your previous ones. LOL

I'm not a big Jed fan by any means, but he's TRYING. He does have some heart and he does care; it doesn't mean that he'll do the right thing. His Dad was checked out and made some piss poor decisions, thus why Jed got control of the team.

We deserve better as fans but keep this in mind: the NFL is a tough business; it's super-competitive. Without the ability to get a leading, well-respected, well-connected front office guy like Holmgren, it's hard to build a FO that will recruit the right type of coaches and talent evaluators necessary to compete in the league on a consistent level. Thus, teams like the Niners have to stick with possible up and coming FO people like Baalke and reach for perceived up and coming coaches, such as a Mike Nolan or a former player with credibility like Sing to lead their team.

The Chiefs and Falcons are teams that have hit home runs in landing FO and Coaches recently. They have more respected, more proven owners than Jed. So yes, Jed is part of the problem as he's young and unproven, but he can't help his situation that he was put in; he can just try his best to make it better with the resources available.

Landing Harbaugh would be a "big fish" kind of signing, but it does come with risk. Let's hope he's the first domino.

For me the jury is out on Baalke. He's done well in his short time filling in for the GM duties. He knows the team and having continuity with him may be a good thing for the Niners right now, who have a lot of turnover.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• How the mighty have fallen. Josh McDaniels has no interest in the 49ers job:
      http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...ested-in-49ers

This is just becoming laughable. The Big Lead, who has been on top of this story from the start, has a little of glimmer hope for us 49ers fans:
      TheBigLead Would not surprise me if Harbaugh took LESS $ (6 mil) to go to SF. He has to know brush-back from $8 mil per would be awful. Terrible look
      Doubt it. Also what is everyone's plan B if this falls through. Looking through the list there isn't anybody truely appealing. Brian Billick would seem like the best choice after Harbaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post

Doubt it. Also what is everyone's plan B if this falls through. Looking through the list there isn't anybody truely appealing. Brian Billick would seem like the best choice after Harbaugh.
        As the minutes tick by i'm doubting our chances of Harbaugh in SF as well.

I also agree that Brian Billick would probably be the next best coach available, have we heard that he's even on the list?
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Chris Mortensen's Twitter:

Filed to ESPN: Some Dolphins coaches have been packing boxes this morning. Not Sparano yet.
          And someone in the NFL Coaches Hired/Fired thread posted that an NFL source says Harbaugh to Miami is a done deal - no link though.
          Originally posted by Babylon
          It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Double agent La Canfora with an update:
            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d804b9/article
            The last part makes me nausea if true
            Had the 49ers changed their structure and been willing to hire an outside GM, and meet the financial threshold Harbaugh is commanding on the market, they could have potentially had a dream team staff, according to sources.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi interviewed for the GM position Tuesday in San Francisco. Lombardi has strong ties to Harbaugh, but also McDaniels as well, with the possibility of having McDaniels as offensive coordinator and another former head coach as defensive coordinator.
            /waiting for Dan to see this

PFT is suggesting that the 49ers should contact the Titans and see if they will relinquish the rights to Jeff Fisher. Interesting idea to say the least.

Comment

• All I know is that Mooch isn't doing anything right now.

Comment

• Andrew Luck staying:
                timkawakami Wow: Jon Wilner reports that Stanford is about to announce that Andrew Luck will STAY at school for 2011 season.
                Wonder what Harbaugh does now? No way he can leave that much money on the table. Also alters the whole draft. Carolina is now in a bind. Unlikely Panthers take a QB now does that push a QB down to SF that wouldn't have been there before?

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                  I get what you're saying and this makes sense. You're last comment "oozed much more class" than your previous ones. LOL

I'm not a big Jed fan by any means, but he's TRYING. He does have some heart and he does care; it doesn't mean that he'll do the right thing. His Dad was checked out and made some piss poor decisions, thus why Jed got control of the team.

We deserve better as fans but keep this in mind: the NFL is a tough business; it's super-competitive. Without the ability to get a leading, well-respected, well-connected front office guy like Holmgren, it's hard to build a FO that will recruit the right type of coaches and talent evaluators necessary to compete in the league on a consistent level. Thus, teams like the Niners have to stick with possible up and coming FO people like Baalke and reach for perceived up and coming coaches, such as a Mike Nolan or a former player with credibility like Sing to lead their team.

The Chiefs and Falcons are teams that have hit home runs in landing FO and Coaches recently. They have more respected, more proven owners than Jed. So yes, Jed is part of the problem as he's young and unproven, but he can't help his situation that he was put in; he can just try his best to make it better with the resources available.

Landing Harbaugh would be a "big fish" kind of signing, but it does come with risk. Let's hope he's the first domino.

For me the jury is out on Baalke. He's done well in his short time filling in for the GM duties. He knows the team and having continuity with him may be a good thing for the Niners right now, who have a lot of turnover.
                  lol, man i just want to win. i want this team to have success & bring it back to the glory years where wearing a gold/red starter 49er jacket was cool...am i asking too much?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                    lol, man i just want to win. i want this team to have success & bring it back to the glory years where wearing a gold/red starter 49er jacket was cool...am i asking too much?
                    Nah, I feel you. I had my Niners gold jacket with the stitched red emblem growing up as well.

I can't believe Luck is staying. This so screws up the Draft. QB reaches will be everywhere. Carolina will obviously not be able to unload that top spot now (even if they wanted to) taking a DT to help their D.

Luck staying means that at least we have a shot at him next year, as right now our FO and HC future looks bleak with the apparent lack or respect that the Niners are getting around the league. I hate to think of another wasted year, though.

Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

Comment

• http://phinphanatic.com/2011/01/06/b...sparano-fired/

Sparano fired.

Edit: I'm hearing on KNBR that Harbaugh has agreed with the Phins, not confirmed of course.

Fml.
                      Last edited by hawkeye123; 01-06-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
                        http://phinphanatic.com/2011/01/06/b...sparano-fired/

Sparano fired.

Edit: I'm hearing on KNBR that Harbaugh has agreed with the Phins, not confirmed of course.

Fml.
                        Reading the comments on that site below the post, those Phins fans are upset; they like Sparano. LOL One idiot said we finished 4th in the division, but I'm not going to join that joke of a forum to split hairs and argue with teal-lovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESPN
                          The 49ers want Harbaugh as their coach but they are prepared to move ahead with other candidates on their list, which includes Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, sources said.
                          this is one of the first time i've heard mularkey's name in reference tot he niners job, he's obviously done a great job in helping matt ryan become the qb he is today, i wonder how he would work out, especially as the falcons and the niners have very comparable offensive playmakers, at least in my opinion

Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          Reading the comments on that site below the post, those Phins fans are upset; they like Sparano. LOL One idiot said we finished 4th in the division, but I'm not going to join that joke of a forum to split hairs and argue with teal-lovers.
                          plus that website almost sounded like it was just information from a source of a source, who knows how accurate it actually is. i feel like guys such as schefter or maiocco will have pretty solid information pretty quickly in reference to how closely they've been covering this situation

Comment

• Had the 49ers changed their structure and been willing to hire an outside GM, and meet the financial threshold Harbaugh is commanding on the market, they could have potentially had a dream team staff, according to sources.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi interviewed for the GM position Tuesday in San Francisco. Lombardi has strong ties to Harbaugh, but also McDaniels as well, with the possibility of having McDaniels as offensive coordinator and another former head coach as defensive coordinator.
                            LMFAO!!! What a ******* joke the 49ers have become. My God. I'm sad and happy that Bill Walsh is no longer alive to see this disgrace of a team being run into the damn ground by some snot nose punk who doesnt know his ass from his elbow.

And let me guess - would that former head coach who could have been our DC be Wade Phillips? He's the only guy I can think of right now.

This isnt going to happen but if im Jed right now, I call Jon Gruden and give him $8m a year to be the HC. Granted, thats a lot of money but if Jed was willing to pay Harbaugh $5m a season with no experience whatsoever, another $3m isnt going to make that much if any difference.

And I would also hire Lombardi as the GM and tell Trent, sorry, im a ******* idiotic moron and I made a huge mistake but you still get to keep your pay raise and your VP of PP title and I'll even throw in a nice bonus because im such a ******* moron. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jed "im the stupidest idiotic moronic mother ****** walking planet Earth" York. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                              this is one of the first time i've heard mularkey's name in reference tot he niners job, he's obviously done a great job in helping matt ryan become the qb he is today, i wonder how he would work out, especially as the falcons and the niners have very comparable offensive playmakers, at least in my opinion

plus that website almost sounded like it was just information from a source of a source, who knows how accurate it actually is. i feel like guys such as schefter or maiocco will have pretty solid information pretty quickly in reference to how closely they've been covering this situation
                              I've hear Mularkey, but not that much up until now. He did reportedly cancel his Friday interview with the Broncos, which could mean he's not interested in a HC position now, or he wants to interview with a team (like the Niners) that have more talent that the Broncos.

Until reliable sources say otherwise, I'm not believing the bogus sites. I trust in Maiocco, and he's been silent, which means that the Niners haven't heard anything official, as he reports with credibility when things have been confirmed with facts, not on speculation.

Comment

• Now, that im done with my rant -

I would definitely 100% go after Gruden and try to save face while at the same time, getting a Head Coach who isnt a rookie.

After Gruden, Brian Billick would be second and if anything, I try to get Steve Mariucci or Dennis Green out of retirement. If none of that works, I go after Marty Mornhinweg because while I dont like him to be the next HC, I still prefer him over a defensive based HC.

*goes back to playing ESPN NFL 2K5*
                                *switches HC Singletary to Gruden*
                                *is happy in danland which is far better than crappy reality because unlike reality, I can control my 49ers my way in danland*

LMFAO!!!!!

*waits for the straitjacket*

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information