This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
    I had Taylor Mays locked into the 10th pick but now that he is staying in school what do the Niners do now if Smith, Monroe and Oher are gone?
    OLB, RT or NT, whatever is BPA, that has to be the plan

(BTW, I merged your thread with this since we would be talking about that in here, don't take it personally.)

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Mays staying in school is a blessing. Go with a OT like I've been saying and we'll be so much better off.

Or get a pass rusher. Games are won in the trenches and we get beat in the trenches by good teams. That must stop.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Take Raji or a pass rusher at 10.

Before I really wanted a Right Tackle at 10, but I changed my mind. Our right tackle need can easily be filled through free agency.

Comment

• Revised

1. Michael Oher Miss, OT
          2. Rashad Johnson, Bama FS
          3. Larry English, Northern Illi OLB
          4. Rashad Jennings, Liberty RB
          5. Domonique Johnson, Jackson St. CB
          6. Marko Mitchell, Nevada WR
          7. Chase Daniel, Mizzou QB

Comment

• I say B.J. Raji or Aaron Curry if he falls.

Menardo is not going to like the news though.

Comment

• bummer about Mays, I would still only take a tackle if he's one of the top three guys, if that doesn't happen i'm still a fan of Loadholt in the second. I would guess that Singletary has his eyes on Curry, with the emphasis he puts on never having enough pass rushers.

Borat hit it on the head though we really do need to start winning in the trenches.
              Originally posted by Babylon
              It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Next year's draft is safety loaded. Just stick Reggie Smith at FS for a year and address our Nose Tackle and pass rusher needs through the draft.

Comment

• Mays staying is very lame. Oh well I would say our first pick should be either RT, OLB, DT.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• If Jenkins and Oher are both gone at 10, we should look into trading down or trading the pick for a player who could help us sooner rather than later but who isnt a veteran player.

As for FA, I would like to see us go after Bengals RT Stacy Andrews. He's coming off surgery and could miss the 2009 season or not be 100% but at only 27 years old, he could turn out to be a cheap steal if the Bengal dont re-sign him. Another player that I would like to see us go after but not overpay is Steelers RT Max Starks. Starks was a disappointment in Pittsburgh after being franchised a year ago and will most likely be allowed to leave as an UFA. Starks just turned 27 a few days ago and could turn out to be a steal. I wouldnt go nuts and overpay either one but if they can be signed for a somewhat good deal, I wouldnt mind taking the risk.

I wouldnt complain about signing Gross if he somehow hits FA but I wouldnt want to overpay him since you can bet that there will be a bidding war for him.

Thoughts???

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      As for FA, I would like to see us go after Bengals RT Stacy Andrews. He's coming off surgery and could miss the 2009 season or not be 100% but at only 27 years old, he could turn out to be a cheap steal if the Bengal dont re-sign him. Another player that I would like to see us go after but not overpay is Steelers RT Max Starks. Starks was a disappointment in Pittsburgh after being franchised a year ago and will most likely be allowed to leave as an UFA. Starks just turned 27 a few days ago and could turn out to be a steal. I wouldnt go nuts and overpay either one but if they can be signed for a somewhat good deal, I wouldnt mind taking the risk
                      You say this yet you endlessly bad mouth the decision to sign Jonas Jennings. Why would they bother bringing in a 27 year old injury case?

Comment

• what about michael johnson?

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                          what about michael johnson?
                          At the #10 spot?

Comment

That would be one way for Singletary to lose his job.

Comment

That would be good if you only want Singletary to be our coach for a year.

Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                              If Jenkins and Oher are both gone at 10, we should look into trading down or trading the pick for a player who could help us sooner rather than later but who isnt a veteran player.

As for FA, I would like to see us go after Bengals RT Stacy Andrews. He's coming off surgery and could miss the 2009 season or not be 100% but at only 27 years old, he could turn out to be a cheap steal if the Bengal dont re-sign him. Another player that I would like to see us go after but not overpay is Steelers RT Max Starks. Starks was a disappointment in Pittsburgh after being franchised a year ago and will most likely be allowed to leave as an UFA. Starks just turned 27 a few days ago and could turn out to be a steal. I wouldnt go nuts and overpay either one but if they can be signed for a somewhat good deal, I wouldnt mind taking the risk.

I wouldnt complain about signing Gross if he somehow hits FA but I wouldnt want to overpay him since you can bet that there will be a bidding war for him.

Thoughts???
                              Really don't feel like following the Redskins plan.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• well, unless sing is sold on jenkins, oher, or by some reason curry slips I have a bad feeling he may take that guy. dunno why.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information