This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
    *is happy in danland which is far better than crappy reality because unlike reality, I can control my 49ers my way in danland*

LMFAO!!!!!

*waits for the straitjacket*
    Dan,

First time I laughed today +rep to you sir.
    Originally posted by Babylon
    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Any one heard any news about our newest HC offers besides Harbaugh ?

Comment

• How well did Taylor Mays play for you guys this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
          I've hear Mularkey, but not that much up until now. He did reportedly cancel his Friday interview with the Broncos, which could mean he's not interested in a HC position now, or he wants to interview with a team (like the Niners) that have more talent that the Broncos.

Until reliable sources say otherwise, I'm not believing the bogus sites. I trust in Maiocco, and he's been silent, which means that the Niners haven't heard anything official, as he reports with credibility when things have been confirmed with facts, not on speculation.
          word, most of my information has been coming via maiocco's page/twitter and schefter's twitter, neither of which has posted any information since

Originally posted by Maiocco
          SOurce tells CSN's Scott Rei9ss that Jim Harbaugh met this morning with Stanford officials to hear their "best offer"
          which doesn't really affect us at all as i feel stanford is pretty much out of the race, i think he just has to do due diligence to his school

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
            Any one heard any news about our newest HC offers besides Harbaugh ?
            no one else has been given any offers, hue jackson has been interviewed though, and reports say that mularkey, billick, gruden, perry fewell, and a combination of other names have either been interested by the job or the niners have shown interest in, nothing really tangible though besides the interview of jackson yesterday

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            How well did Taylor Mays play for you guys this year?
            in his first game starting he had a great game against the falcons, recording a td on a blocked punt recovery and something like 11 tackles. after that though, his game went seriously down, as did his stats, and his playing time decreased in favor of reggie smith as his immaturity really showed, mostly in pass coverage.

Comment

• so what now with luck staying for the next year? does that mean that everyone will be reaching for QBs to replace Luck or does that mean that a lot of QBs will slide as now the class is seen as a much weaker class than before

also, what do you guys think of our safety situation? do we sit tight and hope that the combination of smith/goldson/mays can produce two good safeties or do we maybe pick one up in the middle rounds, someone like quinton carter from oklahoma or ahmad black from florida, both guys are playmakers
              Last edited by rainbeaukid2; 01-06-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                Dan,

First time I laughed today +rep to you sir.
                I'm laughing too. I can either do that or get pissed off but no point in getting pissed off. Whatever happens happens and thats it. Cant do a damn thing about any of it either way.

And lost in my rant, was that I forgot to mention that like you guys, I know that Luck is staying at Stanford which screws up everything. At 7, I would most likely draft Locker if he's still on the board. If not, hopefully CB Patrcik Peterson is.

Thanks for the positive rep. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Maiocco
                  Two independent sources said a Harbaugh-49ers agreement was in place. But Harbaugh informed the 49ers he would first speak with the Dolphins out of courtesy.
                  god i hope that Jed can actually do something right

and honestly dan, i'm not sure that peterson will be available at 7, a lot of people have been pegging him as a top 5 pick. locker may be the best pick, but i feel that that will be determined a lot by how well he does in pre-draft workouts and during the week of the senior bowl, where he may actually be surrounded by some talent

Originally posted by Eric Branch
                  He says Michael Lombardi as GM could have led to Jim Harbaugh as head coach, McDaniels as offensive coordinator and another ex-head coach as defensive coordinator.
                  quote that may have already been posted, but my pants would've been soiled. its tough to see that an option as great as this being passed up by Jed because he's such a *****
                  Last edited by rainbeaukid2; 01-06-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                    word, most of my information has been coming via maiocco's page/twitter and schefter's twitter, neither of which has posted any information since

which doesn't really affect us at all as i feel stanford is pretty much out of the race, i think he just has to do due diligence to his school
                    Well, this shows that $ may not be the only factor for him, then. Stanford won't pay him nearly as much as an NFL teafor This could only be a positive for the Niners, as he likely is doing to the Dolphins and Stanford what he did to us yesterday; he's getting everyone's best offer and weighing his options. Then, he'll head home tonight, talk to the wifey, sleep on it, and then decide tomorrow. Meanwhile, that will give the Dolphins time to interview for Rooney Rule purposes ate and the Niners time to sit on their ****ing thumbs!

We just have to all sit and wait.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                    Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• now even the broncos are trying to get an interview with him, i wonder how that'll go. looks like every team has some tie to him besides us: miami with ross being a michigan man and denver with elway being a stanford man, hopefully the close proximity will be enough for us to pry him away from the other suitors

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                        god i hope that Jed can actually do something right

and honestly dan, i'm not sure that peterson will be available at 7, a lot of people have been pegging him as a top 5 pick. locker may be the best pick, but i feel that that will be determined a lot by how well he does in pre-draft workouts and during the week of the senior bowl, where he may actually be surrounded by some talent

quote that may have already been posted, but my pants would've been soiled. its tough to see that an option as great as this being passed up by Jed because he's such a *****
                        Even with God's help, Jed will still find a way to screw things up.

How about Prince? Is he a top five CB too? Just have to wait and see what happens. Who knows, by then, I may be cheering for the Ravens. LOL.

I'm not surprised at all by that awesome possibility being passed up by Jed. I said it day one, his GM search was a bullcrap waste of time sham. He never wanted to hire anyone except Trent and just went through the damn motions. When you look at the resume for Baalke and compare it to Lombardi's, there's not a human being alive (or dead) who would take Trent over Michael. There's just no damn way but like I said, its Jed who's running the show which is why he doesnt want a Cowher/Gruden type because he would be lost in the background and his young 29 year old ego cant handle it. Jed is a power hungry asshole just like Sing and Nolan were. Only difference is that Jed is in a much higher position which in the end, screws us (the fans) over.
                        Last edited by dan77733; 01-06-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          Even with God's help, Jed will still find a way to screw things up.

How about Prince? Is he a top five CB too? Just have to wait and see what happens. Who knows, by then, I may be cheering for the Ravens. LOL.

I'm not surprised at all by that awesome possibility being passed up by Jed. I said it day one, his GM search was a bullcrap waste of time sham. He never wanted to hire anyone except Trent and just went through the damn motions. When you look at the resume for Baalke and compare it to Lombardi's, there's not a human being alive (or dead) who would take Trent over Michael. There's just no damn way but like I said, its Jed who's running the show which is why he doesnt want a Cowher/Gruden type because he would be lost in the background and his young 29 year old ego cant handle it.
                          believe me bro, i agree with you 100% about the whole gm search being a scam, i knew as soon as he said it was happening that baalke would be the man hired.

and yes, prince is also seen as a top 5 pick
                          most mocks have some combination of Luck, Fairley, Bowers, Amukamura, Green, and Peterson in the top 5, while some others have guys like Dareus, but for the most part, it seems like they both may be gone by the time we pick, especially with Luck out of the picture

Comment

• I still think we should into getting Locker if not wait until round 4 where have extra pick to use on a QB their will be some good late round QB s like Stanzi or Dalton who both are descent passers IMO . We need to fill out needs on the defense side .I have to say our d looked horrible last season.We need to either CB or S or even DE in the first 3 rounds.I wouldn't Ahmad black or Will Hill at S from Florida both kids are play makers.It all depends on what kind of D we will be running next year .

Comment

• with how long we have been gearing our defense to run a 3-4, i can't really see us leaving it now. i agree though in that CB/S should be considered a top need, as should a pass rushing OLB, maybe someone like akeem ayers in the second, if he lasts that long? otherwise, although its a long shot, i would love someone like cameron heyward, who just absolutely dominated against arkansas to play end opposite of smith, but that would also mean investing a first round pick in someone whose main job is to occupy blockers

Comment

• I agree with you rain.We need some awesome on the other of Smith at DE.It would kill lock down the round game for the opposing team .Some one Watt or Heyward would be fine .I guess we will once the combine starts and see who our HC will be .

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information