X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see any possible way he doesn't try to get Josh Johnson

Comment

• Agree w/ phlysac. If Josh Johnson can be had for cheap, I'm all for him. That opens up other options for drafting players early on.

Comment

• Do any of you guys guys like Dalton or Stanzi in the 4th round ? Phlyasc good to see you posting bud . It will be interesting until we get more detail on who we draft at QB .

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
          No shocker here:
          i was just about to post that, I'm a little bummed because I've liked Manusky over the last couple of years, but I like the experience that Fangio brings

Comment

• WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? ,
            I don't want Newton on our team already has had enough drama and crap since TO .He just screams like drama .I think Bills draft him any how so don't have to worry there.I see us either drafting Locker , Stanzi or maybe Dalton in the 4th round which I think is where we see SF taking a QB .

Comment

• Good. I'm sick of Manusky's style. Our CBs play 10+ yards off the WRs all game. Any team with a good QB and speedy RBs will chew that defense up.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                Do any of you guys guys like Dalton or Stanzi in the 4th round ? Phlyasc good to see you posting bud . It will be interesting until we get more detail on who we draft at QB .
                Honestly, I'll trust Harbaugh with whatever quarterback he wants. The thing about writing spot on reports with Romo, Garrard, Harrington plus the developments of Luck and Josh Johnson is very encouraging.

That being said I think we need a quarterback with our first round pick. We're in a good position to get whoever we want, why wait and take a risk like Andy Dalton. Not saying they couldn't be good but they are 4th rounders for a reason.

Just look at the teams in the playoffs now, they all have 1st round quarterbacks almost.

Peyton Manning - 1st
                Aaron Rodgers - 1st
                Mark Sanchez - 1st
                Joe Flacco - 1st
                Matt Ryan - 1st
                Michael Vick - 1st
                Jay Cutler - 1st
                Ben Roethlisberger - 1st
                Drew Brees - 2nd (1st pick of 2nd round)
                Matt Hasselbeck - 6th
                Tom Brady - 6th
                Matt Cassell - 7th

Even the ones who almost made it...

Sam Bradford - 1st
                Josh Freeman - 1st
                Eli Manning - 1st
                Phillip Rivers - 1st

It should be noted that Cassell and Brady are each from the same place (New England) and Hasselbeck from Holmgren, each of which have a very awesome track record for developing quarterbacks.

I'd just really feel more comfortable just getting a quarterback with elite tools in the 1st like Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert and having Harbaugh coach him up.

Also someone mentioned Shayne Skov, he's a true sophomore and can't come out so it's not going to happen.

People tend to overblow the whole college players getting their old players back. Look at Pete Carroll or Nick Saban recently. The only one Carroll got back was Mike Williams but that was just a shot in the dark. Drafted Anthony McCoy in the 6th. Saban drafted one of his players in the 4th round, that's it.
                Last edited by Arsenal; 01-08-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  Good. I'm sick of Manusky's style. Our CBs play 10+ yards off the WRs all game. Any team with a good QB and speedy RBs will chew that defense up.
                  first the Giants win the series and now there is competent people running the Niners? what the **** is going on?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                    WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? ,
                    I don't want Newton on our team already has had enough drama and crap since TO .He just screams like drama .I think Bills draft him any how so don't have to worry there.I see us either drafting Locker , Stanzi or maybe Dalton in the 4th round which I think is where we see SF taking a QB .
                    The type of Drama that comes with a player like TO is significantly different than the attention that comes with Cam Newton. These allegations will surface again when he's going through the draft process and interviewing with coaches and general managers. Outside of that, I don't understand the 'drama' that you foresee with him.

Please explain why he, "screams like drama" to you.
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Manusky gone is the best news yet. I loathed that man and his 'bend but dont break' philosphy.
                      Last edited by VAfy-ya; 01-08-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Just checked Fangio's profile on wikipedia. He's been with the Ravens, Texans and a few other teams. I'm assuming that he runs the 3-4 defense which means that we'll be staying with the 3-4. Is that correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                          Just checked Fangio's profile on wikipedia. He's been with the Ravens, Texans and a few other teams. I'm assuming that he runs the 3-4 defense which means that we'll be staying with the 3-4. Is that correct?
                          He runs a multiple defense at Stanford. Base 3-4 though.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAfy-ya View Post
                            Manusky gone is the best news yet. I loathed that man and his 'bend but dont break' philosphy.
                            is he gone for sure now? i know it was speculated that he'd both be let go/possibly get hired for the carolina HC job, but its official that he's gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                              The type of Drama that comes with a player like TO is significantly different than the attention that comes with Cam Newton. These allegations will surface again when he's going through the draft process and interviewing with coaches and general managers. Outside of that, I don't understand the 'drama' that you foresee with him.

I dunno if i can explain that.But just the way he acted all hyped up on the Heisman deal.It seem like he wanted all the attention I dunno.He may not be as horrible as TO but I'm sure he will cause some sort of drama.I don't question his toughness or anything coming out of the sec .But I still need see more of a pocket passer out of him for a WCO system . I just hope some one like Bills or the Cards take so we don't have to worry about it.We all really need to watch his foot work and check downs , along with his reading abilities against Oregon on Monday . I do like his size those for a QB .Maybe with our good coaching staff he can be coached into the WCO system.I just do see him to be a starter week 1 and we that .

Comment

• The pieces are in plc. for the cont'd 3-4, an edge rusher opposite Smith who can play the run is needed, I think the pleas of Willis et. al. to keep Takeo Spikes at least one more save an ILB draft pick there -- they already have depth with Navorro Bowman. DEs have been plentiful in recent drafts & there are many to choose from if they want to go that route in the 1st rd.

Maybe a corner from the draft if they dump Clements, FAs will be scarce in the CBA renegotiation yr.

It's the offense where the shakeup will occur & that's Harbaugh's forte' -- new QB, new OG to replace Rachal who I think is gone, maybe a pure center if they move Baas over to OG.

They want a WCO QB who can move the chains with the running game & Josh Morgan & threaten defenses deep with Crabtree & Davis.

These allegations will surface again when he's going through the draft process and interviewing with coaches and general managers. Outside of that, I don't understand the 'drama' that you foresee with him.

Cam Newton is all the character questions of Mike Vick without the game savvy, or the arm to throw on the run, or the experience.

Even if he didn't have those detriments, does he look like the textbook WCO QB to you? I think not. Who does, if they miss on Locker I'm, thinking Ponder. Worst case, Stanzi or Kaepernick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information