This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
    Agree, unless the 49ers land Kolb in a trade, they need to invest in a QB in round 1. I am not the biggest Locker fan but I am curious to see what Harbaugh's opinion is having coached against him the last few years. Only issue is that he claims he wants an accurate passer, who doesn't, and Locker has not been consistent in that area.
    A few of my opinions -

1) I would like to see what Harbaugh thinks of Nate Davis. You would think that they would re-sign him for at least a year.

2) I dont want Kolb. The Eagles are rumored to want a first rounder for him plus since he's only under contract for 2011, the team would have to give him an extension. Too steep of a price in my opinion and personally, he's too inconsitent. Some times, he'll be awesome but at other times, he'll be bad.

3) As for Locker, how many of his incomplete passes were throw aways or drops? That will tell you a lot about his accuracy and I personally rather see the QB throw the ball away instead of risking an interception.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      1) I would like to see what Harbaugh thinks of Nate Davis. You would think that they would re-sign him for at least a year.
      Why would they re-sign Davis? QB's like him are a dime a dozen. If he wasnt picked off the practice squad or waiver wire by another team earlier in the year, what makes you think it will change?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Come senior bowl practice week .I think we will see how good Locker really is with the Boise State WR and a good O line to protect and force him to stay in the pocket longer and make good throws.I'm excited to see and watch him sail higher up boards.
        Man a first round pick for Kolb are you ******* kidding me ! He is not even worth a first rounder . I would then take a QB . I bet probably a good passes of at least 40% are dropped or thrown out of bounds but is hard and I didn't watch to much of his games unless they were on TV.It is just so hard to judge this QB class . I don't think it really matter as to wear a QB is picked in the NFL as long as you have a great / good coaching QB coach and HC to coach him up.Ugh it feels so long until April .

Comment

• The #1 problem. The right side of the Line SUCKED

Not updated to counting the 2 sacks from the final game.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/01/o...ker-struggles/

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            Even if he didn't have those detriments, does he look like the textbook WCO QB to you? I think not. Who does, if they miss on Locker I'm, thinking Ponder. Worst case, Stanzi or Kaepernick.
            And Kaepernick strikes you as a WCO guy?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• I think Kolb could be a nice fit into the WCO.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                I think Kolb could be a nice fit into the WCO.
                Maybe so, but he isn't worth a first, second or third round pick, IMO.
                Last edited by Brent; 01-08-2011, 07:16 PM. Reason: grammar/typing

Comment

• I wouldn't mind seeing Kolb in a 49ers uni next year. I like him.

Comment

• All the way in Shanghai, but I was fortunate enough to see the news that we got Jim Harbaugh. So excited right now. Man it's like a dream come true because I didn't think we would get him at all. I am on Cloud 9 right now here in the east. I seriously can't believe it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                      Let me guess: Dan will find about 10 different things to be upset about.

Hey Dan! You owe Jed an apology, you jackass.
                      QFT. Dan shut your trapper for the next year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                        I wouldn't mind seeing Kolb in a 49ers uni next year. I like him.
                        Kolb is not a franchise QB he's a career backup no thank you.

Originally posted by ViperVisor View Post
                        The #1 problem. The right side of the Line SUCKED

Not updated to counting the 2 sacks from the final game.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/01/o...ker-struggles/

I swear Chilo had more than that
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Why would they re-sign Davis? QB's like him are a dime a dozen. If he wasnt picked off the practice squad or waiver wire by another team earlier in the year, what makes you think it will change?
                          He was already cut a couple weeks ago.
                          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            The pieces are in plc. for the cont'd 3-4, an edge rusher opposite Smith who can play the run is needed, I think the pleas of Willis et. al. to keep Takeo Spikes at least one more save an ILB draft pick there -- they already have depth with Navorro Bowman. DEs have been plentiful in recent drafts & there are many to choose from if they want to go that route in the 1st rd.

Maybe a corner from the draft if they dump Clements, FAs will be scarce in the CBA renegotiation yr.

It's the offense where the shakeup will occur & that's Harbaugh's forte' -- new QB, new OG to replace Rachal who I think is gone, maybe a pure center if they move Baas over to OG.

They want a WCO QB who can move the chains with the running game & Josh Morgan & threaten defenses deep with Crabtree & Davis.
                            DE wise, I dont have a problem with Sopoaga opposite Smith because DE's in the 3-4 arent going to get many sacks and are meant to engulf the OL so the LB's can roam free and make plays. NT wise, I would franchise Franklin for the second straight year and look for a NT in the second or third round to replace him in 2012.

What we really need is a pure pass rushing OLB opposite Lawson (who we'll hopefully re-sign), any suggestions draft or FA wise? Would let Spikes leave as an UFA and either start Bowman next to Willis or go after Jets ILB David Harris if he's available.

CB wise, im hoping for CB Richard Marshall to replace Clements. Clements is 31 and scheduled to make more than $11m per season for the next three seasons and that's not an average. He's literally scheduled to make over $11m per season for the next three seasons. Marshall is 26 and even if we had to overpay him and give him $7m per season, he'll cost the team only $2m more for two extra seasons and is fiev years younger. Marshall had 11 interceptions in the same four year span that Clements has been a 49er. The main difference is that he's only started the last two seasons. In 2008, he didnt start at all after starting 6 games in 2007 and 8 games in 2006. I would also release Spencer if we draft Peterson at 7 which would make Marshall the veteran starting opposite a rookie in Peterson. SS wise, I would start Mays. He was drafted high in the second round and I want to see how he plays especially since I would sign veteran FS O.J. Atogwe who would finally give us a playmaker at FS while at the same time, give the secondary a veteran who can help Mays and the young CB's.

Offense wise, QB is first and foremost but im hoping for UFA OG Logan Mankins. I doubt NE would let him leave for free but if by some miracle that happens, I definitely sign him to start at RG next to Davis. Having a Pro Bowl veteran guard next to Davis should definitely help him get better. I would also re-sign Baas to start at C. As for Rachal, he would be the third or fourth OG and unless I can get at least a 4th rounder for him, I would just let him finish out his rookie contract and hope some stupid team overpays him next year so we can get a good compensation draft pick for losing him in 2013.

I would definitely re-sign Westbrook who knows the WCO and adds a veteran presence. WR wise, I hope Morgan gets re-signed to be the third/slot receiver or starter opposite Crabtree depending on if we acquire a starting caliber WR in FA or the Draft.

Its amazing, as bad as the offense is, there's more gaps and holes on defense than there is on offense because offensively, its all about the QB and while QB is the biggest and most important need, its just funny that aside from that one major need, the only other spot I would like to see upgraded is at RG.

Offensive needs -

1) QB
                            2) RG
                            3) WR

Defensive needs -

1) CB (new starting CB)
                            2) OLB (pass rusher)
                            3) FS (playmaking)
                            4) ILB (to replace Spikes)
                            5) CB (if both Clements and Spencer are gone)

Thoughts?

Comment

• I would re-sign Davis just so we can have another QB on the roster who's signed for 2011 not named Carr. LOL.

Comment

• I don't see Bowers, Green, or Fairley making it to our pick barring some crazy stock plunge so I won't discuss them.

I love picking at 7 this year. Close enough to the top to reach an elite talent that slides a few picks, but far enough down that the contract shouldn't be outrageous. I could see Robert Quinn, Marcell Dareus, Prince Amukamura, or any of the QBs being possibilities at 7, with an outside shot at Patrick Peterson sliding due to his position. I won't have a problem with any pick, unless it's a QB not named Newton.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information