Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the scrutiny that Manusky is receiving is a little undeserved.

Would anyone here really play their corners close to the line knowing the kind of coverage help we've had on the back end? I love Nate, and his style probably is better suited to be physical at the line, but he's no Nnamdi or Darrelle. If you want to play tighter, in my opinion, you better have guys behind them at safety that can help over the top.

We have not had that. The style he has played, has actually fit quite well with who we have on defense. Let the front seven take care of the run, and have the ball caught in front of the secondary so they can run up and make the tackle.

Is he Dick Lebeau? Come on, of course not. Is he as bad as he's being made out to be, I don't believe so.
    Originally posted by Babylon
    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
      In the draft, with Harbaugh as coach would Marecic be a possible FB pick if he available later?
      He better be
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
        I think the scrutiny that Manusky is receiving is a little undeserved.

Would anyone here really play their corners close to the line knowing the kind of coverage help we've had on the back end? I love Nate, and his style probably is better suited to be physical at the line, but he's no Nnamdi or Darrelle. If you want to play tighter, in my opinion, you better have guys behind them at safety that can help over the top.

We have not had that. The style he has played, has actually fit quite well with who we have on defense. Let the front seven take care of the run, and have the ball caught in front of the secondary so they can run up and make the tackle.

Is he Dick Lebeau? Come on, of course not. Is he as bad as he's being made out to be, I don't believe so.
        This is why I disagree. If the safeties arent good in coverage, all the more reason to press at the LOS and play tight coverage. No point in giving the receiver a huge cushion, run and catch a slant pass to where he's already past the CB and in safety coverage to begin with the ball after the catch.

If the safeties are going to get beat in coverage, no point in making it easier for the WR's by having the CB's play ten yards away. At least have the CB's put some pressure on the WR's instead of letting them get off the LOS free.

I dont think Manusky is horrible but he's not great either. He's like in the middle. He could use a dominant pass rushing OLB and a FS who's a playmaker but who knows if/when that will happen.

Comment

• Nate Davis set to sign deal with Seahawks:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/11/11/N...08&feedID=2800

Could anybody else see this one coming?!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
            Nate Davis set to sign deal with Seahawks:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/11/11/N...08&feedID=2800

Could anybody else see this one coming?!
            I thought it might happen, but never really knew. Especially with McCloughan picking up all of his former guys.

Comment

• who

cares?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                who

cares?
                I don't but I think it's funny what Scotty Mac is doing. Taking all the Niners roster trash and giving them key roles in Seattle. I see Balmer playing for them, but I don't see him playing well. Their talent level on that team is that bad... but they won the ******* division so what do we know?!

I really think that Harbaugh is going to find a QB to groom somewhere else besides the First Round of the Draft.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• IS the draft freaking here yet lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                    IS the draft freaking here yet lol
                    With no free agency in March it is going to feel like an eternity getting to draft day. The NFL better not drop the ball because I do not want to be holding a UFL fantasy draft in August.

Does not look like Rob Ryan will return with the Browns. Would like to see Harbaugh bring him in for a interview while Fangio status stays up in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      This is why I disagree. If the safeties arent good in coverage, all the more reason to press at the LOS and play tight coverage. No point in giving the receiver a huge cushion, run and catch a slant pass to where he's already past the CB and in safety coverage to begin with the ball after the catch.

If the safeties are going to get beat in coverage, no point in making it easier for the WR's by having the CB's play ten yards away. At least have the CB's put some pressure on the WR's instead of letting them get off the LOS free.

I dont think Manusky is horrible but he's not great either. He's like in the middle. He could use a dominant pass rushing OLB and a FS who's a playmaker but who knows if/when that will happen.
                      1. If you're playing 'off and soft' the slant will be caught in front of you - if it's past you already, you would suck in off coverage or press, doesn't matter at that point.

2. Take Desean Jackson for example. If you play him tight at the line and he gets a good release, you are already cooked and now he's eating the space between him and the safety.

Do you want a good safety, or a bad safety at that point?

Alternative. You play off, making it more difficult to get past you and even then, at that point you hope enough time has elapsed that: your rush is close, and your safety is in good position to help over the top.

We just haven't had enough help in the secondary to allow our guys to play tighter. It just looks terrible to you because A. the receivers catch the ball, and B. we're really good at missing tackles.

Comment

• I'm stick and tired of these mocking Blaine Gabbert to us in the first round ugh. They don't get it that we want a pro style this time around.He is just not our fit now .Morons

Comment

• http://www.ninercaphell.com/news/nch...-retained.html

Well, according to that article, Manusky will be let go and is rumored that he'll go back to SD but as the DC. Personally, I rather keep Manusky over Fangio but im hoping he stays at Stanford and we get a 4-3 DC. On a side note, I checked the players under contract and it says that Morgan is signed through 2011 and isnt a free agent so why we were all talking about re-signing him is beyond me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...onovan-mcnabb/

Too bad Davis didnt say this a year ago. It would have made a lot more sense than it does now. I'm still a McNabb fan but even I wouldnt trade for him plus exercise his option which would pay him over $12m for 2011.

Comment

• Both very interesting articles there Dan .But as you pointed his old age is getting to him.I too would not want him throwing balls out the either even for a stop gap QB .We still need to just draft either Locker or some one in the 4th round like Stanzi or Dalton .Those are the only 3 QB 's I really like .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                              I'm stick and tired of these mocking Blaine Gabbert to us in the first round ugh. They don't get it that we want a pro style this time around.He is just not our fit now .Morons
                              Probably just as sick as they are of you posting in every mock that every pick is terrible unless it's Locker. Harbaugh is going to be able to mold whoever he decides to draft.

That very well could be Blaine Gabbert.

Comment

• I don't really see why Blaine Gabbert is such a bad fit. It's dumb to think Harbaugh is going to rule someone out just because he played in a spread in college. I mean did you see Sam Bradford this year? You realize he played in a spread in college but this year in the NFL played in a West Coast offense like Harbaugh is going to run, right? I don't think playing in a spread should be a flaw really.

I don't see why Locker is such a better option than Gabbert really, I think they'd each be fine. Whatever quarterback is better should be the pick, not who is more familiar with a pro offense. They each need a ton of work, it's not like either of them is Andrew Luck and is NFL ready.
                                Last edited by Arsenal; 01-12-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information