Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch the video, then read the article and see who the phone belonged to.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I too have a good deal of confidence in Harbaugh's ability to evaluate the QB position. If he thinks a guy like Stanzi is worth a 3rd rounder for instance, it would be pretty exciting.

Comment

• Little Bio on who seems to be our new OC, Greg Roman according to Maiocco's twitter

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-f...an_greg00.html

Greg Roman becomes frontrunner to be 49ers O.C.?RT @timkawakami Jon Wilner reports Stanford expected to name David Shaw head coach today.
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• That was funny but why would a player's cell phone be on the podium? That doesnt make any sense but I do find it funny that the phone belongs to Nate Davis.

Originally posted by king2am View Post
          Little Bio on who seems to be our new OC, Greg Roman according to Maiocco's twitter

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-f...an_greg00.html
          Not really impressed at all. Was hoping for a veteran OC who runs the WCO.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            That was funny but why would a player's cell phone be on the podium? That doesnt make any sense but I do find it funny that the phone belongs to Nate Davis.
            http://content.usatoday.com/topics/reporter/Nate+Davis

not the same person, dan. the website automatically creates links when players names match their stats database.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Nate Davis' making all kinds of headlines in Seattle

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                http://content.usatoday.com/topics/reporter/Nate+Davis

not the same person, dan. the website automatically creates links when players names match their stats database.
                I didnt think it was the same person but when I highlighted the link, the URL listed Davis' player page on NFL.com so I while I thought it was weird that his cell phone was on the podium, I figured that its not impossible either especially with the rumors going around that SEA is going to sign Davis.

Obviously, its not the same person but its still funny though.

Comment

• Fangio hired as DC; your thoughts.

Comment

• Greg Roman also hired as OC. Says that Harbaugh will call the plays and essentially be the OC, but he will have a running game and passing game coordinator.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I really liking our new staff so far.It seems like they all have experience in all areas we never had since 2002 season.I think that is all this team needs at the coaching part people who actually no wtf they are doing . Can't wait until draft season .

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                        Fangio hired as DC; your thoughts.
                        In Harbaugh we trust.

Fangio was his first choice and he was on other NFL teams' radar so I'm happy with it. They already have a good working chemistry which is a plus compared to two coaches who are starting from scratch with each other; this isn't the Singletary/Jimmy Raye experiment again, that's for sure.

Like Harbaugh, Fangio has some good NFL ties and "blood lines" and is looking to prove that he can be successful at the NFL level. He also runs the 3/4 base in which the Niners have a good amount of personnel for. The "hybrid" 3/4 D that he has incorporated (mixing in some 4/3) may be good too as the Niners currently don't have a dominant edge rusher or great CBs, so getting pressure from different looks is a must.

Harbaugh did his due diligence and met with Manusky and they didn't appear to have any chemistry. I respect that and most of us on here liked Manusky, but didn't love him. He was replaceable.

This looks to be another step in having a legit NFL coaching staff that will work together and help the players play to the level they are capable of.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                        Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                          In Harbaugh we trust.

This looks to be another step in having a legit NFL coaching staff that will work together and help the players play to the level they are capable of.
                          100% ^

Harbaugh is going to provide the continuity we've missed on Offense - it's his system, his baby, he's calling the shots.

He's the new 25 million dollar man, if he wanted someone other than Fangio he most likely would have landed him. They've worked together, they have an understanding of how the team should look when they're on the field.

At the end of the day it's a great hire because it's someone that Harbaugh is comfortable handing the keys of the defense over to. More comfort for Harbaugh means less garbage he has to juggle when he's trying to get our new quarterback ready to win us some ball games.
                          Originally posted by Babylon
                          It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Fangio, Drevno & Roman Hired by 49ers

The Stanford coaching braintrust has been relocated about 12 mi. down the fwy. to Santa Clara:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-he...nclick_check=1

Note that Roman had the 2 Heisman runnerups the past 2 yrs. at Stanford.

These 4 coaches lifted the Stanford Fightin' National Merit Scholars from 1-11 to 11-1 & stunning Orange Bowl win, pretty good resume for the next level. I wonder if they will draft any Stanford players next April..... FB/ILB Marecic? NG Sione Fua in mid-rounds?
                            Last edited by LizardState; 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              The Stanford coaching braintrust has been relocated about 12 mi. down the fwy. to Santa Clara:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-he...nclick_check=1

Note that Roman had the 2 Heisman runnerups the past 2 yrs. at Stanford.

These 4 coaches lifted the Stanford Fightin' National Merit Scholars from 1-11 to 11-1 & stunning Orange Bowl win, pretty resume for the next level. I wonder if they will draft any Stanford players next April..... FB/ILB Marecic? NG Sione Fua in mid-rounds?
                              Pretty damn good. I just hope that success at Stanford carries over to SF sooner rather than later and since we're staying with the 3-4 as the base defense, I would stay with Smith/Franklin/Sopoaga on the DL but a pass rushing OLB is a must. I'm hoping for Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley but sadly, we all know thats not going to happen. Wouldnt mind having Marecic to replace Norris at FB and Fua could be a good replacement for Franklin at NT even though I would still franchise Franklin and keep him for 2011 unless of course, a team wants to give me at least a first rounder for him. LOL.

Comment

• What's everyone's top five needs and who are you guys hoping to see us sign/trade/draft to fill those needs?

1) QB

If he was going to be an UFA like he was supposed to be, I would have went after McNabb as a two year stopgap but since that's not the case, im hoping for Jake Locker in the Draft at 7. It may be a little high for him but with Luck staying at Stanford, he's probably the safest pick but in the end, its all about who Harbaugh thinks can and will be a starting QB. Sadly, with Luck staying at Stanford, this draft feels exactly like 2005 in regards to QB.

2) CB

I think Clements will be gone if he doesnt take a pay cut because he's not worth over $11m per season for the next three seasons. I would release him and go after Panthers CB Richard Marshall who's only 26 years old and even if the team was to pay him $35m over 5 years, that not much more than what Clements is scheduled to make the next three years. Would love to draft CB Patrick Peterson at 7 but doing so would be at the expense of a potential franchise QB and since QB is by far our biggest need, I wouldnt do that. Would probably keep Spencer unless I can somehow someway come out of free agency and the Draft with Marshall and Peterson respectively.

3) OLB

This sounds like a broken record because well, it is. LOL. We have needed a pass rushing OLB since 2005 when we switched to the 3-4 defense and we still dont have one. I would break the bank for Steelers LaMarr Woodley who has 39 sacks in four seasons but I dont see him leaving PIT either way.

4) RG

I want Patriots OG Logan Mankins and while I think he's a LG, he's a veteran and even at $35m over 5 years may seem a little high since he'll be 29 in March but I dont care because having him next to RT Anthony Davis would help him a lot which is an understatement. Developing Davis to NOT be the next Kwame Harris has to be Harbaugh's second priority on offense after QB. Another option would be Saints OG Carl Nicks but like Mankins, I dont see either one leaving for free.

5) FS / ILB

We need a play-making FS and with an $8m option bonus due in March, it looks like Rams FS O.J. Atogwe could be an UFA for the second time in ten months. I'm still upset that we didnt go after him in June as he'll be the best FS we've had since the days of Ronnie Lott. While he's older than I would like him to be (30 in June), he's easily an upgrade over Goldson who quite honestly, I would let walk as an UFA.

ILB is probably the last position that we need to upgrade starter wise but if he hits UFA, I go after Jets ILB David Harris. Imagine him next to Willis. Could be the best ILB core in the NFL. If he's not available or costs to much, re-signing Spikes for another year is a possibility but I would rather see Bowman start sooner rather than later.

Thoughts???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information