Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO i think that dalton would fit Harbaughs offense the best..i think he is much smarter then stanzi and locker...he is athletic too so if he needed to run he could..accuracy is pretty good...stanzi i dont like he isnt the greatest passer when on the run and has a hard time making good throws after play action..locker would just be a huge project i think eventually he could develop into a good Qb but not for another 3 years so if they went with locker they would need to grab a QB through FA also dalton and stanzi we could get in late 2nd or 3rd easily while locker would have to be at 7...i think we should go with a Defensive player with 7 either a CB or an interior d lineman i have a feeling either paterson or amukamara will fall to 7 so id like to take one of the 2

Comment

• What's everyone's top five needs
      1. QB
      2. DE passrusher (OLB if Manny Lawson leaves)
      3. CB
      4. OG
      5. 3rd string QB

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
        1. QB
        3. CB
        4. OG
        5. 3rd string QB
        This. Pass rush is of utmost importance. Rules make it tough on CBs, but pass rush cures all.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
          Thanks, great insight. His defense sounds a lot like a Wade Phillips defense actually, which is good and bad. How did he use your NT Franklin? Was he asked to play as a 2-gap or was it more a traditional 1-gap nose?
          I wouldn't call the 1-gap style "traditional" but in MOST cases Manuskey ran a version of the "Phillips 3-4" which utilizes 1-gap responsibility a la the Cowboys and the opposite of the Steelers and Patriots who still utilize the 2-gap clogger style NT.

But it seems that any successful scheme will display a combination of both.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            1. QB
            3. CB
            4. OG
            5. 3rd string QB
            3rd string QB? Why would we need that? What about #2 QB? My top 5 needs are,

1. QB
            2. Pass rusher
            3. Free safety (Goldson, Smith, and Mays are all better suited for SS)
            4. Guard
            5. Cornerback

Comment

• Top 5 needs

1.QB u cant win without a good one so has to be number 1
              2.CB or OLB all depends on what is going to be available in the draft i dnt think quinn will be there in the draft but i think amukamara will be so get him.
              3.OLB or CB^ woodley definitely returns to PIT keep lawson look for a later pick in the draft
              4.FS we someone back there that can roam and make plays
              5.OG we have enough guys on our roster that can fill in and do a good job

Comment

• How do you guys feel about taking a WR in the 4th with our extra pick if any good ones are still left possible Pettis perhaps for some slot help .

Comment

• i actually think that locker is the most pro-ready. he has been running a pro-style offense, unlike both gabbert and newton, under sarkissian and people forget that after last year, he was a projected top 5 pick. i like him the best for us at 7 if we do in fact take a qb, he has a lot of the tools needed by a pro qb, and has intangible qualities such as leadership and the ability to make the players around him better, because we all know that he didn't exactly have a top supporting cast around him in washington

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                    I too have a good deal of confidence in Harbaugh's ability to evaluate the QB position. If he thinks a guy like Stanzi is worth a 3rd rounder for instance, it would be pretty exciting.
                    Agreed I too trust Harbough. Don't care on how we use the first 3 picks but CB better be on the list. My grandmother can cover better than any of our secondary - and I'm serious

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                      How do you guys feel about taking a WR in the 4th with our extra pick if any good ones are still left possible Pettis perhaps for some slot help .
                      I'd much rather spend a fourth, and most picks before it, on defensive players. the only offensive position i legitimately want to see drafted is a QB, other than that, pieces are pretty much in place for a successful offense. Maybe an OG in a later round, but I don't think we should use an early pick on one.

I personally am a fan of the Roman hiring. He was the running coordinator for Stanford, who, according to an article I read, basically had 3 OCs, Harbaugh Shaw and Roman. I am stoked to see Harbaugh's offense, especially with Roman's rushing part, work with Frank Gore, who's running style is very similar to Gerhardt's, who the Harbaugh/Roman tandem turned into a Heisman runner up. Also, the offense that they ran at Stanford uses TEs to a great extent, as shown by the phenomenal game that both TEs had in the Orange Bowl, I am stoked to see what they can dream up with such mismatches as Vernon and Delanie Walker, both of whom are just matchup nightmares. This may be the first time, however, that Harbaugh/Roman has had a receiver as good as Gore/Westbrook(who I hope will come back) in the backfield, so I'm also interested to see what they do with that skill set, because its not like Gerhardt was a huge threat in the passing game

I am also fairly happy with the Fangio hiring. He was a Dom Capers disciple, meaning that his defense will rely a lot more on blitzing and pre-snap confusion. Manusky was a Wade Phillips disciple, who relied a lot more on the concentrated rushing of a phenomenal rusher that made him look good, Merriman in SD and Ware in Dallas. Like someone pointed out earlier, in all of the years that Fangio's defense ran the 3-4, the defense was ranked much higher than in the years that he ran a 4-3.

I think that at this point we shouldn't hold our breaths for any big FA/trade pickups as, until a CBA gets signed, which there are no signs of that happening anytime soon, veteran players won't be moved. I think the way that we will improve will be through the draft

Top Needs:
                      QB-with an above average quarterback, our talented players will actually be put to use
                      OLB-yes our pass defense needs help, and a huge way to help them out is to put pressure on the QB
                      FS-we need someone who can make plays and create turnovers from the safety position. someone was talking about moving clements to FS and drafting a corner, but that would be taking away what clements does well. He doesn't have great ball skills, which a safety needs to have, and he does a phenomenal job in run support and bump and run coverage, something that only CBs do
                      CB-its still needed
                      DE-Smith is the man, but Sopoaga just disappears during games, will dominate and then get destroyed, a great defensive line in the 3-4 will open up everything

Who I'd like to get at 7:
                      1) Prince Amukamura-this guy is phenomenal, doesn't offer the same return game that Peterson does, but he is more lockdown
                      2)DaQuan Bowers-not gonna be here, but I feel like he could just absolutely dominate rushing from the outside as an OLB, athletic enough to drop back as well
                      3)Jake Locker-I feel like Harbaugh will like this guy, but it also depends on how he performs at things such as the Senior Bowl and the combine
                      4)Patrick Peterson-great corner and adds a ton to the return game, although thats not as big of a need anymore with the emergence of Ginn as a decent return man

I also think that we need to resign Takeo Spikes. Yes, he is old. Yes, him playing keeps Bowman from playing. He also happened to just finish the best season of his career, and who better for Bowman to sit behind and learn from than Patrick Willis and such a savvy veteran like Spikes? I think it would be a huge mistake to let him go, personally
                      Last edited by rainbeaukid2; 01-17-2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• i'd also be interested to see what Harbaugh thinks of someone like Christian Ponder. He put together a pretty solid year for FSU this season, yet isn't being seen as a top pro prospect, hopefully his QB grades for this draft are spot on and in our favor when we leave the draft

also, although I know it won't happen, if Baalke/Harbaugh decides that he doesn't like our prospects at 7, I'd love to see us trade down and accumulate more drafting firepower and pick up Cameron Heyward in the middle of the first round. This guy is a monster and I'd love to see what he could accomplish as an end across from a pro bowler like Justin Smith, although usually I'm not a fan of the pro prospects of OSU players, I think this guy will be a special player, especially after his bowl performance
                        Last edited by rainbeaukid2; 01-17-2011, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• 3rd string QB? Why would we need that? What about #2 QB? My top 5 needs are,
                          Didn't Nate Davis go away? Still have Troy Smith at #2 QB. David Carr too maybe?? Any way look at it it's time for Alex Smith to gtfo of SF, good riddance.

3)Jake Locker-I feel like Harbaugh will like this guy, but it also depends on how he performs at things such as the Senior Bowl and the combine
                          Unless he really screws the pooch & has a horrible Combine he's will be a hot property with 3-4 teams interested b/c of the many ????? hovering over Newton. I don't think he will last until #7, maybe not even until #4 or 5 if Carolina or Buffalo takes him, & don't count out Minnesota or the Fins, both need a QB.

Comment

• Offensive needs

1) QB

2) OG

3) Slot WR

We could get a great slot in Austin Pettis or Greg Salas in the 6th or 7th.
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                              i'd also be interested to see what Harbaugh thinks of someone like Christian Ponder. He put together a pretty solid year for FSU this season, yet isn't being seen as a top pro prospect, hopefully his QB grades for this draft are spot on and in our favor when we leave the draft

also, although I know it won't happen, if Baalke/Harbaugh decides that he doesn't like our prospects at 7, I'd love to see us trade down and accumulate more drafting firepower and pick up Cameron Heyward in the middle of the first round. This guy is a monster and I'd love to see what he could accomplish as an end across from a pro bowler like Justin Smith, although usually I'm not a fan of the pro prospects of OSU players, I think this guy will be a special player, especially after his bowl performance
                              Please god no to Christian Ponder, but I agree with you in Heyward if the top corners are off the board.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• I still think that Kyle Williams could be the slot WR we are looking for. He was already drafted to be that guy. He had nagging injuries all year and Ginn did well in the return game to not lose touches. I'd like to see what he can do before we spend another draft pick to challenge for his roster spot.

If a WR is drafted in the mid to late rounds, I'd much rather see a large WR that can be a red zone threat for jump balls. We have VD (Yes, I said it), but Crabs and Morgan are not huge dudes. A tall threat would help balance the WRs IMO.

Anyone else see how well Jason Hill did in Jacksonville after they picked him off the waiver wire? And that was with Gerrard, who that team apparently isn't that high on....at all.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information