X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
    Go on....

Buc fans have been talking about this non stop ever since Harbaugh was named HC.

Is this realistic?

If so, what you SF give up? (Swap 2nd round picks and give us a 4th?)
    Probably just give you a 4th...or 5th. It's Josh Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      What is your Top 5 list for your first round pick?
      A.J. Green, Prince Amukamara, Patrick Peterson, Robert Quinn, whatever QB Harbaugh likes.

Top needs in my opinion are QB, CB, OLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
        We can't send Troy out there as a starter again.
        Exactly. Troy has proven to be an awful QB and should not be re-signed. If we can't land Orton for a 3rd then re-signing Alex to be the stop-gap until the rookie is ready is our best option.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          If we can't land Orton for a 3rd then re-signing Alex to be the stop-gap until the rookie is ready is our best option.
          I disagree. I like Alex, but its time to cut him loose. I don't think there is any shot of Alex coming back next year. I can't take another up and down year (mostly down) with him as our QB. Its time for a fresh start for us and for him.

Comment

Exactly. Troy has proven to be an awful QB and should not be re-signed. If we can't land Orton for a 3rd then re-signing Alex to be the stop-gap until the rookie is ready is our best option.
            Hahaha, what makes you think Alex would ever want to come back here again?

Comment

• Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
              I disagree. I like Alex, but its time to cut him loose. I don't think there is any shot of Alex coming back next year. I can't take another up and down year (mostly down) with him as our QB. Its time for a fresh start for us and for him.
              I would rather have him as a stop-gap than any other QB that is likely to be available, other than Orton. I am not expecting him to be anything other than mediocre but I don't want to ruin another young QB by starting him before he is ready. I am not advocating him being anything other than a stop-gap, just so everyone understands.

Hahaha, what makes you think Alex would ever want to come back here again?
              Probably true. Maybe Harbaugh can convince him that this is a pretty good team and get him to sign a 1-year contract where he can audition for other teams with a good offensive coach and a decent team rather than going somewhere with less around him.

Comment

I would rather have him as a stop-gap than any other QB that is likely to be available, other than Orton. I am not expecting him to be anything other than mediocre but I don't want to ruin another young QB by starting him before he is ready. I am not advocating him being anything other than a stop-gap, just so everyone understands.

Probably true. Maybe Harbaugh can convince him that this is a pretty good team and get him to sign a 1-year contract where he can audition for other teams with a good offensive coach and a decent team rather than going somewhere with less around him.
                Alex has already said he is not coming back it's a done deal.
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                  Alex has already said he is not coming back it's a done deal.
                  I just really don't want to overpay for Kolb, McNabb, or Palmer.

Comment

I just really don't want to overpay for Kolb, McNabb, or Palmer.
                    I would not WANT any of those 3 QB 's my self they all suck . Maybe McNabb.I wouldn't mind Orton he could come in and start right away and should be able to get us to the play offs with the right coaching and we would only have to give up a third rounder I think maybe a 4th.We could still then draft a rookie and let him learn the play book while Orton starts .That way Hargbaugh can teach and groom the rookie QB.Who I am still hoping for in Locker , Stanzi and maybe Dalton .Orton would probably be pissed again if become a back up a year or two down the road but we only sign for 3 years then a rookie should be good and ready unless he just craps out on the west coast.Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                      I would not WANT any of those 3 QB 's my self they all suck . Maybe McNabb.
                      McNabb over those 3? There went your last ounce of credibility. LOL

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                      Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                        That is fixable. Reading defenses and instincts are not.

A lot of people overrate the under-center aspect of playing QB. I just keep looking at Sam Bradford and what he has done this year. He has debunked all the myths about the translation of the spread to the NFL.
                        Sam Bradford actually took a good percentage of snaps under center. There was the chunk of games where he had the hand/wrist injury and didn't but other than that it was like 40% of the snaps from center. I'm not sure Devlin has taken a single snap from center in 2 seasons. It's also being reported that he isn't picking it up very quickly at the EWS practices, either.

Comment

It's tough because of guessing who will be available but my initial stab would be...

1. Patrick Peterson
                          2. AJ Green
                          3. Robert Quinn
                          4. Prince Amukamara
                          5. Marcel Dareus

Comment

1) Patrick Peterson
                            2) Prince Amukamara
                            3) Nick Fairley
                            4) Robert Quinn
                            5) AJ Green

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I want to trade for Matt Flynn, and I'm going to guess that Ponder is the QB they draft.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Flacco didn't take snaps from under centre either and picked it up in senior bowl week. Of course, he would have practiced leading up to it, but that was his live action audition. Then you have the Tebow example at the same game which didn't go so well.

Getting rid of the ball when the back foot plants on the third or fifth step is a must in the WCO. An absolute must and Locker hasn't shown the consistent ability to do that. He double clutches and brings the pass rushers into his kitchen like a million people have mentioned and some people insist on ignoring. Make up all the excuses in the world for him if you want to go that route again.

I had huge hopes for Locker just as I did Snead, they just didn't take that step that makes you say top 10 pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information