This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I want to trade for Matt Flynn, and I'm going to guess that Ponder is the QB they draft.
    I would be down for Matt Flynn.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Josh Johnson is Harbaugh's guy; Josh Johnson is who we are going to get.

Comment

• Prediction 49ers Picks

1. Robert Quinn/UNC - DE
        2. Aaron Williams/Texas - DB
        3. James Carpenter/Alabama - OG
        4a. Greg McElroy/Alabama - QB
        4b. Owen Marecic/Stanford - FB
        5. Darvin Adams/Auburn - WR
        6a. Kenrick Ellis/Hampton - NT
        6b. Adrian Moten/Maryland - OLB
        7a. Tejay Johnson/TCU - S
        7b. Donald Buckram/UTEP - HB
        San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
        Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• Originally posted by txparkes49x View Post
          Prediction 49ers Picks

1. Robert Quinn/UNC - DE
          2. Aaron Williams/Texas - DB
          3. James Carpenter/Alabama - OG
          4a. Greg McElroy/Alabama - QB
          4b. Owen Marecic/Stanford - FB
          5. Darvin Adams/Auburn - WR
          6a. Kenrick Ellis/Hampton - NT
          6b. Adrian Moten/Maryland - OLB
          7a. Tejay Johnson/TCU - S
          7b. Donald Buckram/UTEP - HB
          Quinn and Adams would be my favourite picks you made.

I have a hard time seeing McElroy being the guy at the next level.

Comment

• What do you guys think of Robert Quinn?

I've read he's a very good pass rusher, but the fact that he hasn't played at all this year scares me.

Would we take him over CB?

Comment

• I dont think Peterson or Prince will be there, thus we take Quinn if he is available or BPA. Fangio needs his own Clay Matthews.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• What's the scoop? I've been out of the loop practically since Harbaugh was hired. Surprised to hear people still talking about Alex Smith as if he has a future here.

Anyone want to give me a breakdown with what's been going on with the 49ers since Hargaugh has taken over? I know he has/is bringing in some of his assistants. And Nate Davis apparently signed with Seattle. Anything else I should know?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  What's the scoop? I've been out of the loop practically since Harbaugh was hired. Surprised to hear people still talking about Alex Smith as if he has a future here.

Anyone want to give me a breakdown with what's been going on with the 49ers since Hargaugh has taken over? I know he has/is bringing in some of his assistants. And Nate Davis apparently signed with Seattle. Anything else I should know?
                  That's about it, he brought in assistants.
                  http://www.csnbayarea.com/01/19/11/L...61&feedID=5936

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    I want to trade for Matt Flynn, and I'm going to guess that Ponder is the QB they draft.
                    I wouldn't be entirely opposed to that providing the price is right. In his limited playing time, preseason and at New England, I have been impressed with him.

Comment

• The big question now is whether the brand new Harbaugh regime will roll the dice or not.

I think Baalke & the other FO ppl. will want to minimize the risk of a rookie QB thrown out there to the wolves from the getgo, w/out a veteran to show him the ropes that would be franchise suicide. Also while Harbaugh would want to get His Guy in the draft, if he can't he knows there are other glaring needs on both sides of the ball to fill & he will want a solid 1st draft on his watch, so maybe the Orton option, or anther FA veteran QB, isn't half bad. Is Carr that veteran? IDK.....

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                        The big question now is whether the brand new Harbaugh regime will roll the dice or not.

I think Baalke & the other FO ppl. will want to minimize the risk of a rookie QB thrown out there to the wolves from the getgo, w/out a veteran to show him the ropes that would be franchise suicide. Also while Harbaugh would want to get His Guy in the draft, if he can't he knows there are other glaring needs on both sides of the ball to fill & he will want a solid 1st draft on his watch, so maybe the Orton option, or anther FA veteran QB, isn't half bad. Is Carr that veteran? IDK.....
                        Hopefully not David Carr. That ship has come and sailed. Cam Newton/Kyle Orton would make me happy. Even if it was just Orton who won't be back most likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                          Exactly. Troy has proven to be an awful QB and should not be re-signed. If we can't land Orton for a 3rd then re-signing Alex to be the stop-gap until the rookie is ready is our best option.
                          Doesn't Alex have a problem learning new offenses, even with months of preperation? Why would he be any better with a shortened offseason of preperation? I'd prefer trading a 2012 3rd-5th round pick for Matt Flynn or Josh Johnson. Alex may still be a good QB whenever, but it's time for both parties to move on.
                          Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 01-21-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                            Doesn't Alex have a problem learning new offenses, even with months of preperation? Why would he be any better with a shortened offseason of preperation? I'd prefer trading a 2012 3rd-5th round pick for Matt Flynn or Josh Johnson. Alex may still be a good QB whenever, but it's time for both parties to move on.
                            I don't care if he plays good starting, I just want an at least decent starter that we don't have to overpay for.
                            Last edited by abaddon41_80; 01-21-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                              No, Alex just has a problem of playing well period. I highly doubt it's learning issue. It's more of the instincts, which unfortunately are hard to "learn". Time to cut the cord after 6 years.

Comment

• Why would you want Cam Newton?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information