X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Why would you want Cam Newton?
    Well the entire class in general is a little disappointing. Cam Newton has good upside. I wouldn't want to trade up for the guy or anything like that. If we can get him at good value, then I'd be happy. His personality doesn't strike me as someone to have faith in, but that is irrelevant when it comes to playing well as we've learned with Alex Smith. Not to mention I don't know the guy personally, just what I've seen from television. A trade for Josh Johnson would be a nice scenario as well...and I probably see it happening more likely now that I think of it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Josh Johnson is terrible; my grandma has just about as much arm strength as he does...

Comment

• Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert don't deserve to be drafted in the first round

Comment

• This QB class is pretty underwhelming. I don't think any are worth the 7th pick but if we we're to take one Id only want Locker. He's the most pro ready and has just as much upside as any. Only knock on him really is accuracy and maybe thats just from a lack of talent around him. Would be interesting to see how Harbaugh could develop him.

Comment

• I have the ultimate solution for QB -

Trade our 4th round draft pick to WSH for McNabb. Bring back T.O. to re-unite with McNabb since McNabb's best season was in 2004 with T.O.

Then, in 2012, trade up to get Andrew Luck and there ya go. We have our stopgap QB for a year or two who knows the WCO and would still be the best QB we've had since Garcia and should help us get in the playoffs because if we go 6-10 or worse, it will be a huge disappointment and letdown.

Draft wise, I trade up for CB Patrick Peterson and get the best pass rushing OLB in the second round.

FA wise, I go after OG Logan Mankins, ILB David Harris, CB Richard Marshall and FS O.J. Atogwe.

Granted, thats a LOT of moves but at the same time, I dont see Mankins or Harris going anywhere. Marshall should hit free agency and Atogwe will most likely be released and we need a play making FS and while he's 30, he still an upgrade over who we have now and he wont cost much anyway.

With those five UFA signings and trading for McNabb, all we have to do is re-sign Lawson, franchise Franklin for a year and we're good to go plus we wouldnt have to sign any free agents for at least a few years since our team is young and in their prime.

I wasnt interested in trading for any QB but one good showing from Flynn doesnt impress me, Kolb is average at best and couldnt even beat out Vick who while improved is still an above average QB unless he repeats his performance next year which I highly doubt and Orton has played good but dont have any interest in him either. And in regards to Flynn and Kolb, I dont see either GB or PHI letting them go.

Draft wise, Locker is the only QB who I would draft at 7 and honestly, with Luck staying in college, it looks like 2005 all over again. And I prefer Peterson over Locker.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
              I have the ultimate solution for QB -

Trade our 4th round draft pick to WSH for McNabb. Bring back T.O. to re-unite with McNabb since McNabb's best season was in 2004 with T.O.
              this would be feasible 5 years ago. right now, this makes it look like you're insane.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

this would be feasible 5 years ago. right now, this makes it look like you're insane.
                T.O. had a damn good season and would have surpassed 1000 yards and had at least 10 TD's if he didnt miss the last few games with an injury. He's still good and better than Crabtree who with T.O. opposite him would improve dramatically.

As for McNabb, if we end up trading for a QB, mine as well get one who's been good throughout his career. Is McNabb in the class of Manning/Brady? No but he's definitely in the second tier and while he played bad at WSH, it wasnt all his fault. No weapons whatsoever, no running game, a bad OL and horrible coaching (which led to a horrible defense too). I'll be fair and put half the blame on McNabb with the other half on the Shanahan twins.

Seriously, reuinte McNabb with T.O. (and Westbrook) plus add Crabtree, Davis, Gore, Morgan and a better OL than what he had in WSH along with Harbaugh running the WCO and for at least a year, he would be the best option. Trading for Flynn/Kolb would mean thats who harbaugh is looking to be the franchise QB but neither have done a damn thing to warrant a first round draft pick plus both would require a contract extension and since they would know that they're acquired to be the franchise QB, they're going to want to be paid like one whether they should be or not.

Besides, releasing Clements and paying McNabb $12m evens out and drafting Peterson (or Prince) upgrades the CB position at a far cheaper, younger price. And for those who say that McNabb/T.O. wouldnt be able to co-exist, they did pretty good in 2005. Just go look at their stats, especially T.O.'s who after seven games was on pace to break records.

And if we draft a QB in the first round after acquiring a veteran QB in FA, mine as well just wait a year for Luck and do whatever it takes to get him.

Not only that but another reason why trading for McNabb would be a good idea is because in case there's a shortened off-season, McNabb wouldnt have much/if any to learn offense wise because he knows the WCO.

Comment

• EA Sports, it's in the game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• I think we should resign QB Joe Montana, sure he didn't play well last season in ESPN but that's because his producer didn't use him right and the cameraman caught him on his bad (non-throwing) side. We need to reunite him with WR Jerry Rice - they were great together! If we can get OT Michael Jordan to protect him then it would be just like we were the 2004 Eagles which would be amazing because they won 8 superbowls that year.

I really hope HC Jim Harbaugh talks to GM Treent Baalke and gets GM Trent Baalke to sign those players then we can trade a first round pick and the Golden Gate Bridge for Andrew Luck. Yeah.
                    Last edited by BandwagonPunditry; 01-22-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Not only that but another reason why trading for McNabb would be a good idea is because in case there's a shortened off-season, McNabb wouldnt have much/if any to learn offense wise because he knows the WCO.
                      Please for the last time, can we stop using this "west coast offense" blanket to cover every coach that runs a version of it? He knows the offense that Andy Reid runs. He does not know the offense Jim Harbaugh runs. There are so many variations under this broad term that people keep tossing around. Jim Harbaugh's offense is going to look more like what we had last year, than what McNabb ran in Philly.

The difference is our passing game will be more developed and we'll take advantage of multiple personnel packages.

But to imply that a seemless transition would take place, therefore we should invest our franchise's future in nothing but veterans is, as someone else pointed out - insane. Ask Dan Snyder how that method works, Washington's been tearing it up these past few years.
                      Originally posted by Babylon
                      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

I have the ultimate solution for QB -

Then, in 2012, trade up to get Andrew Luck and there ya go.
                        We'd have to finish with the worst record in the NFL next year. There would be no "trading up" to get Luck. I'd give up on that dream right now.

How many teams are there that could finish with a worse record then us next year? Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Jacksonville, Miami, Minnesota, Oakland, Seattle, St. Louis, Tennessee, Washington? Thats just a quick list, not saying that all of those teams will finish with a worse record than us, but how many of those teams would realistically pass on a chance to draft Luck?

Comment

I dont think Peterson or Prince will be there, thus we take Quinn if he is available or BPA. Fangio needs his own Clay Matthews.
                          Although it seems a little high right now, alot can change come April and I wouldn't be surprised to see Von Miller's name enter into this discussion.

Comment

• I am now 100% convinced that dan77733 is, in fact, no other than Daniel Snyder.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                              Although it seems a little high right now, alot can change come April and I wouldn't be surprised to see Von Miller's name enter into this discussion.
                              Von seems like, from what I have seen (and I've seen more than any one on this board as an Aggie), a better fit as a WOLB in a 4-3 than a 3-4 OLB.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Von seems like, from what I have seen (and I've seen more than any one on this board as an Aggie), a better fit as a WOLB in a 4-3 than a 3-4 OLB.
                                I don't disagree, however, I felt the same about CMIII coming out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information