This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
    I don't disagree, however, I felt the same about CMIII coming out.
    For some reason, I guess because I've seen far too much of Von, but I have a lot harder time seeing him at as 3-4 OLB for us than I did with Matthews. I still wish for PP, Prince or Quinn, to slip through the cracks.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Alot will hinge on his measureables. He could very well end up being bigger than Matthews was.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
        I have the ultimate solution for QB -

Trade our 4th round draft pick to WSH for McNabb. Bring back T.O. to re-unite with McNabb since McNabb's best season was in 2004 with T.O.

Then, in 2012, trade up to get Andrew Luck and there ya go. We have our stopgap QB for a year or two who knows the WCO and would still be the best QB we've had since Garcia and should help us get in the playoffs because if we go 6-10 or worse, it will be a huge disappointment and letdown.

Draft wise, I trade up for CB Patrick Peterson and get the best pass rushing OLB in the second round.

FA wise, I go after OG Logan Mankins, ILB David Harris, CB Richard Marshall and FS O.J. Atogwe.

Granted, thats a LOT of moves but at the same time, I dont see Mankins or Harris going anywhere. Marshall should hit free agency and Atogwe will most likely be released and we need a play making FS and while he's 30, he still an upgrade over who we have now and he wont cost much anyway.

With those five UFA signings and trading for McNabb, all we have to do is re-sign Lawson, franchise Franklin for a year and we're good to go plus we wouldnt have to sign any free agents for at least a few years since our team is young and in their prime.

I wasnt interested in trading for any QB but one good showing from Flynn doesnt impress me, Kolb is average at best and couldnt even beat out Vick who while improved is still an above average QB unless he repeats his performance next year which I highly doubt and Orton has played good but dont have any interest in him either. And in regards to Flynn and Kolb, I dont see either GB or PHI letting them go.

Draft wise, Locker is the only QB who I would draft at 7 and honestly, with Luck staying in college, it looks like 2005 all over again. And I prefer Peterson over Locker.
        LMAO lets be honest though what did you all really expect from Dan other than video game solutions?
        Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Harbaugh hints he might stand pat with Alex Smith.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...nclick_check=1

If you read between the lines of his statements, he's very noncommittal.

Lots of what ifs & maybes here: he doesn't like Newton, Dalton, Gabbert, doesnt want to compete with other teams who want the ones everyone likes e.g. Locker or Mallett, or hedging his bets until after the Sr. Bowl & Combine. Or he's keeping his eyes on the prize for 2012: Andrew Luck.

Or he knows he will need that 1st rounder for the youth & young legs of a pass rusher or CB.

Going into 2011 with 3 of the same 2010 QBs? (groaning facepalm)

Stay tuned.
          Last edited by LizardState; 01-22-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• pretty sure he has to say that kind of stuff, I would be beyond shocked if anyone who started a game for the niners at QB in the past two years is on this team come August

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
              I really hope HC Jim Harbaugh talks to GM Treent Baalke and gets GM Trent Baalke to sign those players then we can trade a first round pick and the Golden Gate Bridge for Andrew Luck. Yeah.
              Hilarious! It would take AT LEAST that. Frisco needs to start stockpiling bridges ASAP.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Alex still on the team as a pear back up.But I'm sure he doesn't want that role.He'll be gone to some other team just like Singleterry . We won't have to worry about him being on the team.Carr will be the back up for sure .Watching the east / west game today the Idaho QB is showing some 4th round project with good accuracy and poise in the pocket .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                  I wouldn't mind Alex still on the team as a pear back up.But I'm sure he doesn't want that role.He'll be gone to some other team just like Singleterry . We won't have to worry about him being on the team.Carr will be the back up for sure .Watching the east / west game today the Idaho QB is showing some 4th round project with good accuracy and poise in the pocket .
                  Surprised you didn't say anything about Dalton or Stanzi here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                    EA Sports, it's NOT in the game.
                    Fixed.

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                    I am now 100% convinced that dan77733 is, in fact, no other than Daniel Snyder.
                    Actually, that wouldnt be half bad. A hot wife considering that she's 47, a millionaire and runs an NFL team. Too bad im not him. Oh well.

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                    LMAO lets be honest though what did you all really expect from Dan other than video game solutions?
                    Compared to the last eight seasons, maybe a video game solution would work. It sure as hell cant do any worse than what we've seen the last eight seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
                      Please for the last time, can we stop using this "west coast offense" blanket to cover every coach that runs a version of it? He knows the offense that Andy Reid runs. He does not know the offense Jim Harbaugh runs. There are so many variations under this broad term that people keep tossing around. Jim Harbaugh's offense is going to look more like what we had last year, than what McNabb ran in Philly.

The difference is our passing game will be more developed and we'll take advantage of multiple personnel packages.

But to imply that a seemless transition would take place, therefore we should invest our franchise's future in nothing but veterans is, as someone else pointed out - insane. Ask Dan Snyder how that method works, Washington's been tearing it up these past few years.
                      I dont see you telling those here who want Kolb what you just said about the WCO. Must be just for McNabb, huh?

I never said that a seemless transition would take place. I just said that McNabb wouldnt have to learn as much as a rookie or a QB who would have to learn the entire system from scratch. And how am I investing the franchise's future in nothing but veterans? It's two veterans for one year. McNabb and T.O. Dont see how you're getting that idea.

Comment

• I don't want T.O back on this team ever again.They just better draft a QB in round or 2 and get it over with. Have Carr as the peer back up .Maybe sign a FA who can be a stop gap ,heck I would almost take VY could get him cheap.After the East/West game none of those Qb's I saw where near worth any picks, they all didn't play well except maybe the Idaho QB , he shown some good accuracy on the ball placement .I just feel we still need a Veteran on the team until our new rookie QB is ready and well coached up either it be Locker, Stanzi , Dalton or some one in the draft . Darn April needs to get here already so long lol .

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          Harbaugh hints he might stand pat with Alex Smith.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...nclick_check=1

If you read between the lines of his statements, he's very noncommittal.

Lots of what ifs & maybes here: he doesn't like Newton, Dalton, Gabbert, doesnt want to compete with other teams who want the ones everyone likes e.g. Locker or Mallett, or hedging his bets until after the Sr. Bowl & Combine. Or he's keeping his eyes on the prize for 2012: Andrew Luck.

Or he knows he will need that 1st rounder for the youth & young legs of a pass rusher or CB.

Going into 2011 with 3 of the same 2010 QBs? (groaning facepalm)

Stay tuned.
                          I think he agrees with me that there aren't really any great QBs in this class that are going to be able to come in right away and that Alex is just as good as pretty much anyone we can get in the free agent/trade market. Why risk destroying a rookie's confidence by throwing him to the wolves before he is ready? Why overpay for a veteran that is no better than what we could get for cheaper?

Comment

I dont see you telling those here who want Kolb what you just said about the WCO. Must be just for McNabb, huh?

I never said that a seemless transition would take place. I just said that McNabb wouldnt have to learn as much as a rookie or a QB who would have to learn the entire system from scratch. And how am I investing the franchise's future in nothing but veterans? It's two veterans for one year. McNabb and T.O. Dont see how you're getting that idea.
                            The opening wasn't entirely directed at you - this was just the most recent example of assuming one WCO is like the next. If people use this logic, or lack there of with Kolb, I think they're ridiculous too.

I didn't say you said a seemless transition would take place. You implied it by saying "he wouldn't have much/if any to learn", which in my opinion is lumping all WCO together.

It seems like almost every offseason you are wanting to trade or sign veterans. When talking about about your trade scenario you mentioned mcnabb, t.o, westbrook - that's three vets that would have prominent roles on your offense - when there is no need for T.O, Westbrook isn't even the best back on this team, and McNabb is the most expensive and longest in the tooth of any stop gap options.

Also, do you really not see where I would get the idea you want to mortgage the farm for vets? You have a veteran based mad scientist plan every offseason Dan, i'm not pulling this out of my ass.
                            Originally posted by Babylon
                            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Compared to the last eight seasons, maybe a video game solution would work. It sure as hell cant do any worse than what we've seen the last eight seasons.
                              Yeah, they could have done worse; by being the Raiders, Browns or Lions.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                                Hilarious! It would take AT LEAST that. Frisco needs to start stockpiling bridges ASAP.
                                Do we have the rights to the Bay Bridge or will Uncle Al sue us if we try to package that in a trade?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information