This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
    well, unless sing is sold on jenkins, oher, or by some reason curry slips I have a bad feeling he may take that guy. dunno why.
    I bet you he is a late first round pick.
    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• [QUOTE=dan77733;1428797]If Jenkins and Oher are both gone at 10, we should look into trading down or trading the pick for a player who could help us sooner rather than later but who isnt a veteran player.
      QUOTE]

Obviously if who we are targetting isn't there when we pick, it would be ideal to move out of that spot and get something in return.

The problem is, at the ten spot, I don't see a player that would warrant a team moving up to get. Maybe if Bradford is around at that time we could see some interest.

And as far as trading the pick for someone currently in the league, i'm not quite sure who we could get for the #10 pick, and who would fill one of our pressing needs, i am sure though you have one in mind :)
      Originally posted by Babylon
      It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• He's not a Singletary-type player. He takes too many plays off to be taken at the 10 spot.

Comment

• Doesn't look like Bradford is leaving school. Guess we don't need to debate his Draft stock until next year.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent
            You say this yet you endlessly bad mouth the decision to sign Jonas Jennings. Why would they bother bringing in a 27 year old injury case?
            HUGE difference. When healthy, Andrews is actually good (unlike Jennings) and I wouldnt overpay him with a huge seven year deal (also unlike Jennings) with a huge signing bonus. I would offer him a two year incentive based contract which is what the Bengals are going to offer him since they arent going to franchise or give him a huge signing bonus due to his injury.

Of course, you should know that I wouldnt overpay him (or Starks) but if I can sign either or both under the radar for cheap, then I would most likely take the chance especially if Gross hits FA since everyone will be going after him and not really pay attention to Andrews/Starks.
            Last edited by dan77733; 01-14-2009, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• now that mays is staying, i think i'll be joining (forming??) the maclin bandwagon. Unless Crabtree or Orakpo fall, I mean. But honestly, Maclin is a great looking young wideout and would give us the weapon we need offensively to keep pace with the Cardinals. It sure would be nice to have a deep threat/return man like him in the fold.

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                now that mays is staying, i think i'll be joining (forming??) the maclin bandwagon. Unless Crabtree or Orakpo fall, I mean. But honestly, Maclin is a great looking young wideout and would give us the weapon we need offensively to keep pace with the Cardinals. It sure would be nice to have a deep threat/return man like him in the fold.
                I suspect that bandwagon will have A LOT of empty seats, except for yours. :)
                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by stl9erfan View Post
                  now that mays is staying, i think i'll be joining (forming??) the maclin bandwagon. Unless Crabtree or Orakpo fall, I mean. But honestly, Maclin is a great looking young wideout and would give us the weapon we need offensively to keep pace with the Cardinals. It sure would be nice to have a deep threat/return man like him in the fold.
                  You will be the only one on that Bandwagon. Our BB should look something like this now.

1. A.Smith
                  2. M.Oher
                  3. B.Orakpo
                  4. E.Brown
                  5. M.Jenkins

If one of those five don't fall we should trade down.
                  Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                    You will be the only one on that Bandwagon. Our BB should look something like this now.

1. A.Smith
                    2. M.Oher
                    3. B.Orakpo
                    4. E.Brown
                    5. M.Jenkins

If one of those five don't fall we should trade down.
                    You mean:
                    4. E. Monroe right?

If so, I agree with those five, but I'd rank 'em Smith, Monroe, Orakpo, Oher, Jenkins with Crabtree sixth. Of course, this also leaves out Stafford as I don't see us moving into the top 3. I'd be happy with any of those guys. Hell, I'd like Curry as well. I think we're in great shape to land a nice playmaker.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                      HUGE difference. When healthy, Andrews is actually good (unlike Jennings) and I wouldnt overpay him with a huge seven year deal (also unlike Jennings) with a huge signing bonus. I would offer him a two year incentive based contract which is what the Bengals are going to offer him since they arent going to franchise or give him a huge signing bonus due to his injury.

Of course, you should know that I wouldnt overpay him (or Starks) but if I can sign either or both under the radar for cheap, then I would most likely take the chance especially if Gross hits FA since everyone will be going after him and not really pay attention to Andrews/Starks.
                      It's highly unlikely that any starting free agent tackle worth signing would slip under the radar...

Comment

• Now that Sanchez is pro, i hope we dont take him. I like him as a prospect, but our needs at OT and S are much more
                        Last edited by 49erfaithful; 01-14-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Any thought to BJ Raji now?

With Bradford and Mays out, he is creeping into the top 10-15. And I myself am still upset on missing out on Ngata after the VD hype kicked in post-combine.

If we stay with the 3-4 we need a true NT as well as an outside edge rusher (which we also don't have - E. Brown?)

Comment

• Im starting to talk myself into BJ Raji being the pick. Im still crossing my fingers Monroe, Smith or Oher drop to 10. But I think a true NT would really help.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodyx02 View Post
                              Im starting to talk myself into BJ Raji being the pick. Im still crossing my fingers Monroe, Smith or Oher drop to 10. But I think a true NT would really help.

I'd be happy with him as well. He's the only truly impressive NT that is a viable top 10 pick.

I wasn't comparing him to Ngata, but I think he's a major upgrade over Sop. And there isn't a lot of free agent or trade block NT/DTs out there like last year (Jenkins, Stroud etc.)

We need more line help and if Raji works out well, this'll put us one edge rusher from a great front 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by NinersfaninCanada View Post
                                I'd be happy with him as well. He's the only truly impressive NT that is a viable top 10 pick.

I wasn't comparing him to Ngata, but I think he's a major upgrade over Sop. And there isn't a lot of free agent or trade block NT/DTs out there like last year (Jenkins, Stround etc.)

We need more line help and if Raji works out well, this'll put us one edge rusher from a great front 7.
                                Im going into this off-season thinking the biggest needs for the niners is a RT and a FS. So the only issue I have with Raji is that he doesnt fill a huge need for this team. The way the draft is shaping out though the niners may be forced to ignore one of these needs. Im hoping one of the QBs falls to 10 and either the Jets or Vikings offer their 2nd to move up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information