Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the options, it would make sense for Harbaugh to entertain the idea of Alex coming back. Harbaugh wasn't in the thick of all the confusion last year, and wasn't in middle of the crazy history; he even referred to this as a "clean slate." However, I really doubt Alex would come back, his quotes have been anything but supportive of that idea. I also think the only way Alex is even considered, is if the CBA forces us to bring him back, which very well might happen.

Comment

• It is interesting to see the thought of Alex coming back in.That means would be able to draft a QB in round 3 or 4th.Not having to waste a first round pick.Personally Alex just needs the right staff , hes got the arm just not the accuracy so maybe he can be all good to with Harbaugh and company who can actually coach him!Good info guys , still can't wait until April .Don't for get its senior bowl week so set your DVR's !

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
        It is interesting to see the thought of Alex coming back in.That means would be able to draft a QB in round 3 or 4th.Not having to waste a first round pick.Personally Alex just needs the right staff , hes got the arm just not the accuracy so maybe he can be all good to with Harbaugh and company who can actually coach him!Good info guys , still can't wait until April .Don't for get its senior bowl week so set your DVR's !
        I don't see us using a first rounder regardless, this QB class doesn't seem like it's worth it.

Comment

• With the CBA issues, I could very realistically see the Niners bringing back Alex to compete for the starting job on a one year deal, unless he got word that some other team was targeting him and wanted to offer more than $4-5 mil per season on a multi-year deal.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
            I don't see us using a first rounder regardless, this QB class doesn't seem like it's worth it.
            Agreed. At this point, I don't know if any one of them can improve their stock between now and April that would make me want one of them instead of:

Patrick Peterson
            Robert Quinn
            Prince Amukamara
            Nick Fairley
            AJ Green
            DaQuan Bowers
            Marcell Dareus

As of right now, those are 7 players I would take ahead of a quarterback with the only questionable one being Bowers - which by the sounds of it, could be replaced by Von Miller sometime soon.
            Originally posted by Babylon
            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post
              Agreed. At this point, I don't know if any one of them can improve their stock between now and April that would make me want one of them instead of:

Patrick Peterson

Robert Quinn
              Prince Amukamara
              Nick Fairley
              AJ Green
              DaQuan Bowers
              Marcell Dareus

As of right now, those are 7 players I would take ahead of a quarterback with the only questionable one being Bowers - which by the sounds of it, could be replaced by Von Miller sometime soon.
              I see those players being a lock in the top 5 .So basically you have the left overs probably going to us at Quinn Amukamra and Bowers and Dareus . So if we don't pick a QB in round one , who do you guys like in round 3 or 4th round if they last that long is my only concern . Locker showed some good accuracy today in the first practice but was still throwing high balls .However, it is only the first day.

Comment

• I would rather start Ricky Stanzi than Alex Smith. Yes, Alex is a smart guy, sadly he's got the instincts of a squirrel.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by king2am View Post

Patrick Peterson
                  Robert Quinn
                  Prince Amukamara
                  Nick Fairley
                  AJ Green
                  DaQuan Bowers
                  Marcell Dareus

Scott Wright's latest mock has 3 QBs in the top 5 and we are still 3 months away from the draft. There is definitely time for, IMO, at least 2 QBs to move into the top ten with all the teams in the top 10 lacking a QOFTF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                    With the CBA issues, I could very realistically see the Niners bringing back Alex to compete for the starting job on a one year deal, unless he got word that some other team was targeting him and wanted to offer more than $4-5 mil per season on a multi-year deal.
                    Why would the CBA issues be a factor into re-signing Alex? I could see if players under contract could still practice with the team but with, possibly, no OTAs and the chance of this dragging deep into TC with the CBA why would this team benefit bringing Alex back? We know his history of learning new offenses and whoever we bring in is going to be at square one of learning an offense why not start fresh and go out and acquire a guy?

I am a fan of the guy but we have exhausted this to the fullest.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                      Alot will hinge on his measureables. He could very well end up being bigger than Matthews was.
                      As of now it doesn't look like it. He measured in at 6'2⅝and 237 pounds, but he has REALLY long arms. I would like to see him add some weight for the combine and see how it affects his speed and athleticism.

As of now I would LOVE for them to draft him.

Comment

• Observation by David White on twitter:
                        Saw Ken Whisenhunt, Sean Peyton, Jason Garrett, Rob Ryan, Greg Manusky, Raiders staff at Senior Bowl. No 49ers coaches, who stayed home.

What's this mean? New GM Trent Baalke truly is in more power than some suspect. He's handling the draft, not the coaches.

He'll get feedback from Harbaugh and his personnel staff, but we're going to see what Baalke's really got for the first time in April.

"@RobbyBaughman We didn't see what he had last April?"
                        As non-GM on short noticen Baalke gave Sing a big say, tried to work w/him.
                        Found it intriguing that Harbaugh stayed behind. Curious to see if Harbaugh drops by later on in the week or if it is all Baalke down there.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                          Observation by David White on twitter:

Found it intriguing that Harbaugh stayed behind. Curious to see if Harbaugh drops by later on in the week or if it is all Baalke down there.
                          Probably too much to do in organizing the new coaching staff back in Santa Clara. Especially with some coaches who didn't work with him before.

Comment

• btw, did you guys see Shane and Scott in the background of the 49er video interview? @1:55

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/v...8-74145f2d797d

Comment

• Surprised that they didnt send at least one scout to the senior bowl. Oh well.

Draft wise, im hoping for Peterson first, Prince second and Locker third. Of course, that could change between now and the draft.

Comment

• Dan your crazy if Locker slides into the 3rd round to us.We either take him round one or not at all IMO.We can still get a good CB round 2 and draft LB 3 and 4 and possible xtra WR .

I have admit though Locker didn't look great but descent for day one.His throws were a little high that I saw.Maybe because of first day jitters .We will have to how is Thursday and Friday .

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information