This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert facepalm picture here
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
      Surprised that they didnt send at least one scout to the senior bowl. Oh well.

Draft wise, im hoping for Peterson first, Prince second and Locker third. Of course, that could change between now and the draft.
      ?

From SF Chronicle
      While Harbaugh was studying video and planning schemes at the office, Baalke was the highest-ranking 49ers employee leading a contingent of scouts at the NFL-run all-star game, which held practice here Monday in advance of Saturday's game at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala.
      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPPS1HDJOQ.DTL

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
        Dan your crazy if Locker slides into the 3rd round to us.We either take him round one or not at all IMO.We can still get a good CB round 2 and draft LB 3 and 4 and possible xtra WR .

I have admit though Locker didn't look great but descent for day one.His throws were a little high that I saw.Maybe because of first day jitters .We will have to how is Thursday and Friday .
        Dan was ranking the players

1. Petereson
        2. Amukumara
        3. Locker

Not saying what round he thinks we'll get them...
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

• we need the draft so you people can calm down

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• my updated mock draft:

1. prince amukamara - cb

2. ricky stanzi - qb

3. cedric thorton- olb/de

4. adrain robinson - olb

5. will hill - s

6. alex linnenkohl - c

7. darren evans - rb ( he tore his acl...so did frank gore & that pic turned out to be ok )

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
              we need the draft so you people can calm down
              3 more months, Brent. We're just getting started!

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
              Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by chapo123 View Post
                my updated mock draft:

1. prince amukamara - cb

2. ricky stanzi - qb

3. cedric thorton- olb/de

4. adrain robinson - olb

5. will hill - s

6. alex linnenkohl - c

7. darren evans - rb ( he tore his acl...so did frank gore & that pic turned out to be ok )

Nitpicking here. It's early...

1. Amukamara - high possibility

2. Stanzi - still seems a bit high (like him, but he hasn't climbed that far just yet)

3. Thornton - Why list him as OLB/DE? He's a DE ONLY in a 3-4. He's a 300lber and I don't see him as high as the 3rd rd either. His dimensions are pretty ideal for a 5-tech, though.

4. Robinson - He's a Jr. and didn't declare. Will be at Temple in 2011.

5. Hill - Good value at a position of need.

6. Linnenkohl - Perhaps, if Heitmann is done. Baas is a FA priority. I just like alot of other Centers better and its a position that is VERY lightly drafted.

7. Evans - Bang for buck. 7th rounder, no risk.

Also...

The 49ers have 10 selections this April, not 7. The selections are as follows...

1. First round, No. 7 (7th overall)
                2. Second round, No. 13 (45th overall)
                3. Third round, No. 12 (76th overall)
                4. Fourth round, No. 11
                5. Fourth round, No. 18 (from San Diego in 2010 draft-day trade)
                6. Fifth round, No. 10
                7. Sixth round, No. 9
                8. Sixth round, No. 25 (from Seattle for Kentwan Balmer)
                9. Seventh round, No. 7 (from Detroit for Shaun Hill)
                10. Seventh round, No. 8

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  Nitpicking here. It's early...

1. Amukamara - high possibility

2. Stanzi - still seems a bit high (like him, but he hasn't climbed that far just yet)

3. Thornton - Why list him as OLB/DE? He's a DE ONLY in a 3-4. He's a 300lber and I don't see him as high as the 3rd rd either. His dimensions are pretty ideal for a 5-tech, though.

4. Robinson - He's a Jr. and didn't declare. Will be at Temple in 2011.

5. Hill - Good value at a position of need.

6. Linnenkohl - Perhaps, if Heitmann is done. Baas is a FA priority. I just like alot of other Centers better and its a position that is VERY lightly drafted.

7. Evans - Bang for buck. 7th rounder, no risk.

Also...

The 49ers have 10 selections this April, not 7. The selections are as follows...

4. Fourth round, No. 11
                  6. Fifth round, No. 10
                  7. Sixth round, No. 9
                  10. Seventh round, No. 8
                  my bad on not knowing sf had 10 pics.
                  i though robinson came out? hmm..
                  thorton is a guy i like as3-4 de. sf needs some pressue upfront. if not him just someone that can get to the qb. i do like linenkohl & evans. safe picks and low risks.

Comment

• If Harbaugh isn't going to the Senior Bowl practices, then you'd think he isn't interested in Locker or any of the QBs there.

It isn't an absolute, but you'd think he'd be there to get a closer look if he had real interest.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                      btw, did you guys see Shane and Scott in the background of the 49er video interview? @1:55

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/v...8-74145f2d797d
                      Which one is the guy in glasses?
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                        Which one is the guy in glasses?
                        Shane is the little guy in glasses, and I'm 99% sure that the huge blonde guy is Scott...

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                          If Harbaugh isn't going to the Senior Bowl practices, then you'd think he isn't interested in Locker or any of the QBs there.

It isn't an absolute, but you'd think he'd be there to get a closer look if he had real interest.
                          He's going to have tape of all these Senior Bowl practices to go with all the game tape, scout reviews, upcoming Combine tape and interviews, pro days and pre-draft workouts before he has to make a decision on any of these Draft-eligible guys 3 months from now. You guys can't worry too much over the little things and look at the big picture perspective. It's a process.

It's not the Stone Age gentlemen. Harbaugh has technology and time on his side. We're in good hands.

#thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                          Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Comment

• Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                            He's going to have tape of all these Senior Bowl practices to go with all the game tape, scout reviews, upcoming Combine tape and interviews, pro days and pre-draft workouts before he has to make a decision on any of these Draft-eligible guys 3 months from now. You guys can't worry too much over the little things and look at the big picture perspective. It's a process.

It's not the Stone Age gentlemen. Harbaugh has technology and time on his side. We're in good hands.
                            I second this

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac
                              Also...

4. Fourth round, No. 11
                              6. Fifth round, No. 10
                              7. Sixth round, No. 9
                              10. Seventh round, No. 8
                              Stupid question -

We have the 7th overall draft pick but yet, we're drafting 13th in the 2nd and 12th in the 3rd. Can someone please explain to me why this is and how all of this works? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
                                Stupid question -

We have the 7th overall draft pick but yet, we're drafting 13th in the 2nd and 12th in the 3rd. Can someone please explain to me why this is and how all of this works? Thanks.
                                I may not be 100% on this but I think teams with the same record rotate throughout the draft. If you look at the order i'm pretty sure we're just cycling through all the 6-10 teams.
                                Originally posted by Babylon
                                It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information