Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco 49ers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by king2am View Post
    I may not be 100% on this but I think teams with the same record rotate throughout the draft. If you look at the order i'm pretty sure we're just cycling through all the 6-10 teams.
    Yep. We were picking 7th based on strength of schedule, then have to rotate through the other teams with the same record.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Verloren View Post
      Yep. We were picking 7th based on strength of schedule, then have to rotate through the other teams with the same record.
      Which means no miss allowed with pick #7. A new QB who can play in the NFL would be a bullseye (he said, knowing full well 2 out of 3 of them drafted bust).

      Hitting the franchise QB isn't easy but like all things in life worth having they are difficult.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Brent View Post
        we need the draft so you people can calm down
        You people?



        But you are correct, the draft needs to get here.

        Comment


        • guys Locker showed major improved accuracy today in day 2 practice .No QB drills sadly .I still really hope we draft Locker (I know big fan ) We just have to see how he handles him self in real game time on Saturday . Hes my top three again , Amruka Locker and possible any DE .

          Comment


          • I've seen mixed reports on Locker today. Some say he looked good, others (like Shane) say he was still really erratic and overthrowing a bunch of people.

            That's the scary thing to me. His mechanics are perfect but his accuracy is still bad. Hate to see the guy is such a project as a 5th year senior.

            Comment


            • Arsenal ,
              I don't think he will be much of a project once he gets with a good coaching staff and learning the rhythm of the WR .I still think he would be a good impact first season starting I dunno.Depends on our current QB players.It would be nice if we could get a vet and set Locker for a year then go full out with him just so he knows the offense then .Sometimes you can't rush QB not everyone of them is Bradford . Your just gonna have to take a chance on one here and there.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                Harbaugh hints he might stand pat with Alex Smith.

                http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...nclick_check=1

                If you read between the lines of his statements, he's very noncommittal.

                Lots of what ifs & maybes here: he doesn't like Newton, Dalton, Gabbert, doesnt want to compete with other teams who want the ones everyone likes e.g. Locker or Mallett, or hedging his bets until after the Sr. Bowl & Combine. Or he's keeping his eyes on the prize for 2012: Andrew Luck.

                Or he knows he will need that 1st rounder for the youth & young legs of a pass rusher or CB.

                Going into 2011 with 3 of the same 2010 QBs? (groaning facepalm)

                Stay tuned.
                curious where you got that from?? that article doesn't say anything about that

                Comment


                • Great pics. Welcome to the board.
                  The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
                    guys Locker showed major improved accuracy today in day 2 practice .No QB drills sadly .I still really hope we draft Locker (I know big fan ) We just have to see how he handles him self in real game time on Saturday . Hes my top three again , Amruka Locker and possible any DE .
                    Wow. Deep breath on the count of three.

                    1
                    2
                    3

                    One day of practice at the Senior Bowl should not be enough to erase the issues that are on Locker's tape. Especially since, as someone pointed out, there are mixed reviews on his session today, which follows a below average practice the day before.

                    Also, your top three are Amukamara, Locker, and a DE (Quinn I imagine)? Where is Patrick Peterson?
                    Originally posted by Babylon
                    It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

                    Comment


                    • Sadly, none of the quarterback in this draft really wow me. Not even Cam Newton.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by will99890 View Post
                        You people?



                        But you are correct, the draft needs to get here.
                        What fun is that? I love this board in late March/early April. Everyone has their draft crushes picked out and have their feet firmly dug in to defend them. Anyone remember the classic Willis/Carriker debates that ruled these boards?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          Sadly, none of the quarterback in this draft really wow me. Not even Cam Newton.
                          Wouldn't say I am blown away by the QB talents in this class compared to guys like Ryan and Stafford in the last few drafts. But I am very intrigued by this draft class. I do like that the CBA may give an excuse for the 49ers to draft a raw QB and give him time to develop compared to if it was a regular off-season he might be rushed into the starting job.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                            What fun is that? I love this board in late March/early April. Everyone has their draft crushes picked out and have their feet firmly dug in to defend them. Anyone remember the classic Willis/Carriker debates that ruled these boards?
                            Who is Adam Carriker?! :)

                            For the record, I was firmly in the Willis camp.


                            #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                            Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                            "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Madirishman View Post
                              Who is Adam Carriker?! :)

                              For the record, I was firmly in the Willis camp.
                              Hahaha, I remember those debates from my pre-join lurker phase. My man crush on Carriker was so great that my response was "Patrick who?"

                              Oops!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
                                Hahaha, I remember those debates from my pre-join lurker phase. My man crush on Carriker was so great that my response was "Patrick who?"

                                Oops!
                                Yeah, I remember that I first really wanted Rodgers instead of Alex. Then, a couple days before the Draft, I convinced myself that Alex was the safer pick for the Niners with more upside because of his mobility, etc. and Rodgers had the heavily critiqued, Tedford-inspired quick throwing stance (which has then sense been modified).

                                Related to the above, UGH:

                                http://packerchatters.com/?p=22810

                                I love "The Skinny" part of this Scouting Report. Bleh.


                                #thestruggleisreal with Tomsula in as HC after the "Harbacle"
                                Operation Pile Up Draft Picks for Re-Build: In progress, with much work to be done


                                "He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information