This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
    Right, because Johnson and Owens really helped Palmer out this season. Way to avoid the point. Palmer had his best game without them. Be an asshole instead of actual using insight in your posts, makes no difference. It happened.
    Apparently you missed all the games where Palmer routinely overthrew Owens deep and continually missed him on crossing patterns. But sure, just be a stat-kiddie and use your 1 game as evidence.

Comment

McNabb is the least intercepted quarterback in NFL history. Yet you'll say he is more inaccurate than Alex? Doesn't make sense. And yes I did watch him play behind that awful line in Washington, worse than ours. I'm not saying I want McNabb, but when compared to Alex he's better. That's how far down the latter Smith is. And your last sentence indicates you didn't read what I previously wrote correctly.
      I wouldn't say more inaccurate than Alex but for the price you will have to give up for McNabb I would pass on him. Excluding his rookie season McNabb has only posted 4 seasons with a comp % over 60% out of 10 seasons in the league and two of those seasons where 60.3% and 60.4%. You bring up the offensive line but the 49ers line only gave up 2 less sacks then the Redskins line.

Comment

LOL I love when people try to act hard on a forum and put the cape on to make themselves feel better. Interceptions also play a role in accuracy. But keep riding the fail train.
        So how do you explain McFlabb's terrible completion rate every year except for the one when he had Owens?

Or are you just being a stat-kiddie and claiming that INT'S is the end-all-be-all for accuracy?

Comment

• When you routinely have a comp pct. under 60 in Andy Reid's QB friendly system, that tells me you are horribly inaccurate.

But at least he doesn't throw INT's, yo!

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
            Apparently you missed all the games where Palmer routinely overthrew Owens deep and continually missed him on crossing patterns. But sure, just be a stat-kiddie and use your 1 game as evidence.
            The Bengals being sixth in the NFL in drops didn't help either. Not implying that Palmer is elite, but to act like he had the greatest show on turf and failed is ridiculous.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

When you routinely have a comp pct. under 60 in Andy Reid's QB friendly system, that tells me you are horribly inaccurate.

But at least he doesn't throw INT's, yo!
              Yeah because turning the ball over isn't important or anything. Don't be a stat-kiddie with that 60% figure by the way.

Comment

• By the way Elway wasn't accurate because he threw under 60% for his career. Even when Shanahan came around. Go figure.

Comment

Yeah because turning the ball over isn't important or anything. Don't be a stat-kiddie with that 60% figure by the way.
                  I'd say completion pct. is a much better barometer of accuracy than INT's.

But since you're so INT horny, why the love for Palmer? Mr. 2 years of 20+ picks? You're a walking contradiction, guy.

Comment

By the way Elway wasn't accurate because he threw under 60% for his career. Even when Shanahan came around. Go figure.
                    1) Elway was terribly overrated

2) Different era

Comment

1) Elway was terribly overrated

2) Different era
                      LOL way to use a subjective opinion to dismiss the facts. The different era card is a cop-out. It was the late nineties by the time Elway was around and the best quarterbacks in the league were routinely completing 60% of their passes. McNabb's best years in his prime weren't far off from the late nineties with Elway and Shanahan.

Comment

By the way Elway wasn't accurate because he threw under 60% for his career. Even when Shanahan came around. Go figure.
                        Did you just go Al Davis and link Elway to McNabb? But good eye went to football reference to check that out and amazed that Elway only had 3 seasons over 60% in his career! Crazy.

Comment

I'd say completion pct. is a much better barometer of accuracy than INT's.

But since you're so INT horny, why the love for Palmer? Mr. 2 years of 20+ picks? You're a walking contradiction, guy.
                          And I'm saying turning the ball over is important. I argued that completion percentage wasn't as, if not more so, important than INT's.

Palmer is better than Alex Smith. That's my opinion. That doesn't mean I'm crowning Palmer as an elite quarterback, especially when comparing him to Alex. I'm just saying I'd rather have him under center. He still makes his fair share of plays But keep misunderstanding everything you read and misconstruing it to fit your haterade agenda. You're just making yourself look foolish.

Comment

LOL way to use a subjective opinion to dismiss the facts. The different era card is a cop-out. It was the late nineties by the time Elway was around and the best quarterbacks in the league were routinely completing 60% of their passes. McNabb's best years in his prime weren't far off from the late nineties with Elway and Shanahan.
                            Too bad McNabb is incredibly worse now than he was in his prime.

And again, if you think INT's is the only way to describe accuracy, than wher would you rate Carson Palmer's accuracy? Obviously the worst in the league, with your logic.

Comment

And I'm saying turning the ball over is important. I argued that completion percentage wasn't as, if not more so, important than INT's.

Palmer is better than Alex Smith. That's my opinion. That doesn't mean I'm crowning Palmer as an elite quarterback, especially when comparing him to Alex. I'm just saying I'd rather have him under center. He still makes his fair share of plays But keep misunderstanding everything you read and misconstruing it to fit your haterade agenda. You're just making yourself look foolish.
                              Naw, no haterade agenda, just pretty clear after your string of posts that you don't have the first clue on how to evaluate quarterback play. I agree that Palmer is slightly better than Alex, I just have an issue with your dumbass INT=accuracy argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                                Did you just go Al Davis and link Elway to McNabb? But good eye went to football reference to check that out and amazed that Elway only had 3 seasons over 60% in his career! Crazy.
                                They should kick his ass out of the Hall of Fame. Warren Moon too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information