Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm bored and want to get away from the Alex Smith debate. With Vick being tagged Eagles will be taking offers for Kolb. My offer is a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year. Also my ranking of QBs I would like through trade as of 1/30/11
    1. Kolb
    2. Orton
    3. Palmer
    4. Flynn
    5. Johnson
    6. McNabb

Of course compensation will be a factor so Flynn and Johnson will probably be the easiest to get. If a 3rd can get either Orton or Palmer I would be for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PatrickWillis View Post
      Naw, no haterade agenda, just pretty clear after your string of posts that you don't have the first clue on how to evaluate quarterback play. I agree that Palmer is slightly better than Alex, I just have an issue with your dumbass INT=accuracy argument.
      Finding the feeling mutual. And yeah you definitely aren't taking issue with the poster instead of the post LOL. Stop trying to save face. As for interceptions and accuracy, if you really don't understand the simple nuances of that concept, there is truly no hope for you.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Too bad McNabb is incredibly worse now than he was in his prime.

And again, if you think INT's is the only way to describe accuracy, than wher would you rate Carson Palmer's accuracy? Obviously the worst in the league, with your logic.
        Where did I say he wasn't? LOL going on on a tangent again of irrelevant information. If you're going to to be an asshole, at least do a good job.

Palmer has had his issues with accuracy the last few seasons, but he's also made his fair share of big plays to help his team. The more accurate your passes are, the less of a chance they'll result in an interception on the quarterback's part. It's quite simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
          They should kick his ass out of the Hall of Fame. Warren Moon too.
          I see what you did there. Clever.

Comment

Where did I say he wasn't? LOL going on on a tangent again of irrelevant information. If you're going to to be an asshole, at least do a good job.

Palmer has had his issues with accuracy the last few seasons, but he's also made his fair share of big plays to help his team. The more accurate your passes are, the less of a chance they'll result in an interception on the quarterback's part. It's quite simple.
            Well then clearly, Palmer is one of the more inaccurate QB's in the league.

Comment

Well then clearly, Palmer is one of the more inaccurate QB's in the league.
              He still makes his fair share of big plays though. That's the ultimatum. The Bengals dropping a ton of passes didn't help his case this past season either. I said interceptions play role in accuracy, not that they're the end-all/be-all for it like you thought I said or trying to make it out like I said it. Keep looking stupid though.

Comment

Kolb hasn't looked worse than Smith in his limited starts. He's played a lot better in some of those limited starts than Alex ever has in his entire career. As for Palmer, he had his best game of the year without Owens and Johnson, so that point goes out the window. As for Matt Leinart, I wouldn't mind entertaining the possibility. At least during his rookie year he looked legitimate in some games. It's just his work ethic that has screwed him over. If Orton plays like he did in Denver for the 49ers, I wouldn't mind having him for a while.

And you aren't biased for Smith? LOL.
                1. When has Kolb played a lot better than Smith ever has?

2. 1 game doesn't prove anything. The next week he played poorly, the game that Johnson missed in 2009 Palmer went 1/11 with an interception before getting pulled in favor of J.T. O'Sullivan

3. In his rookie season, Leinart looked no better than Smith in his second season and since then Smith has been okay, Leinart has been awful. There is no way anyone could think Leinart is better than Smith. It is that simple.

And I admit that I may be a little biased towards Smith. He seems like a genuinely likable guy. That has nothing to do with me believing that he has not been nearly as bad as some people think and that he is our best option for next year.

The Bengals dropping a ton of passes didn't help his case this past season either.

And yes I did watch him play behind that awful line in Washington, worse than ours.
                Palmer-cuses and McNabb-ecuses.
                Last edited by abaddon41_80; 01-30-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• If anything, Alex should go to a city that has smarter fans. Lol@ wanting a 34 year old Mcnabb who played WORSE with Mike Shanahan than Alex played with Jimmy freaking Raye and Mike Johnson.....good lord.

Palmer, Orton, Kolb, anything less would be a definite downgrade.
                  Last edited by binary; 01-30-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                    If anything, Alex should go to a city that has smarter fans. Lol@ wanting a 34 year old Mcnabb who played WORSE with Mike Shanahan than Alex played with Jimmy freaking Raye and Mike Johnson.....good lord.

Palmer, Orton, Kolb, anything less would be a definite downgrade.
                    But he doesn't throw picks! Dude is so accurate!

Comment

But he doesn't throw picks! Dude is so accurate!
                      36 year old Jeff Garcia and 2 years out of jail Mike Vick came in and outplayed him in that very same system. Not only did Alex outplay Mcnabb last year, but so did Rex Grossman....with the same exact personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary View Post
                        36 year old Jeff Garcia and 2 years out of jail Mike Vick came in and outplayed him in that very same system. Not only did Alex outplay Mcnabb last year, but so did Rex Grossman....with the same exact personnel.
                        I know. I was being sarcastic. Not an Alex fan but McNabb is a severe downgrade. Most overrated QB of this generation.

Comment

• UGH. Please don't turn this place into 49ers.com. I left that place many years ago because of this ****.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                            UGH. Please don't turn this place into 49ers.com. I left that place many years ago because of this ****.
                            LOL at your sig. World Champs, and Sabes held onto the pitching. Suck it.

Comment

LOL at your sig. World Champs, and Sabes held onto the pitching. Suck it.
                              Suck it? Really? Yep, I'm pretty upset the Giants won the World Series. I've only been waiting my whole life to witness it.

FYI, I still wear this sig because it is my daily serving of crow and because I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                                Suck it? Really? Yep, I'm pretty upset the Giants won the World Series. I've only been waiting my whole life to witness it.

FYI, I still wear this sig because it is my daily serving of crow and because I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.
                                and because Sabean will probably make a move this season that will justify reusing that sig again anyway so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information